Question for ya:

report it to facebook, as I dont think they want illegal stuff like that on their site. Probably nothing else.

So you don't think the parents should be informed?

(I'm thinking they don't check their daughter's internet activities....eh?)

I misunderstood the post.

Parents probably should be informed. When we have kids, there will be one computer and it will be out in the open. I don't think I'll allow my kids to have facebook accounts.

yes you will, or whatever form facebook has taken by then. out in the open is key, knowing their passwords, a given.......making sure you can see their post, definitely.

Aww c'mon guys, are those kids any younger than when any of you drank?

Myself? No.

Somehow, when I saw that you had posted on this thread, I knew this was going to be your response. No surprise with what you said. I don't suppose you care that it's against the law for underage kids to drink or that they may hurt themselves in an accident after drinking. If you jumped off a cliff when you were their age, would that make it a good thing for others their age to do the same thing?

So you don't think the parents should be informed?

(I'm thinking they don't check their daughter's internet activities....eh?)

Parents probably should be informed. When we have kids, there will be one computer and it will be out in the open. I don't think I'll allow my kids to have facebook accounts.

yes you will, or whatever form facebook has taken by then. out in the open is key, knowing their passwords, a given.......making sure you can see their post, definitely.

I go back and forth between what you just said and what I said.

Aww c'mon guys, are those kids any younger than when any of you drank?

Myself? No.

13? Yes, I hadn't had any alcohol, other than sips of wine/champagne at holidays until late into high school. I still got caught and punished.

I'm the only one that's gonna stick up for the little delinquents, huh. Oh well.

Yeah 8th grade, eg 13 or 14 is a cause for alarm I suppose... And they're dumber than shit for letting it wind up on facebook. But I doubt I'd rat'em out. Scare the daylights out of them? Maybe.

I'm the only one that's gonna stick up for the little delinquents, huh. Oh well.

Yeah 8th grade, eg 13 or 14 is a cause for alarm I suppose... And they're dumber than shit for letting it wind up on facebook. But I doubt I'd rat'em out. Scare the daylights out of them? Maybe.

Got kids of your own? Would you want to know what they are doing? Would you want to know what trouble they are getting into? Any mistakes they may be making?

Got kids of your own? Would you want to know what they are doing?

I don't, and I would. But I know I won't.

Dude, I was 12 in the eighth grade. Not even a teenager yet.

Hell ya if I saw a twelve year old swigging beer on Facebook I'd rat him out.

Got kids of your own? Would you want to know what they are doing?

I don't, and I would. But I know I won't.

Great. So you understand everyone else saying turn the party children.

When you're a mom and a teacher (like EZ and me), you don't look at informing a parent of this sort of behavior as "ratting out" the child....it's simply looking out for what's in their best interest.

My friends son died in a car wreck. There were five 16 year olds in the car. The driver was drunk and the others didn't want to let him drive drunk. Instead of taking his keys they thought just going with him would be the thing to do.

Everyone died but for the driver.

TELL ON THEM EZ!!

Last edited:
My friends son died in a car wreck. There were five 16 year olds in the car. The driver was drunk and the others didn't want to let him drive drunk. Instead of taking his keys they thought just going with him would be the thing to do.

Alcohol relaxes you so you don't tense up as much when there's a collision. that's why the drunk one survives more often than the non-drunks.

Alcohol relaxes you so you don't tense up as much when there's a collision.

:( i know. I was glad he lived. But wanted to kill him anyway.

Oh I'm telling their parents, you better believe it!
as an educator, are you not required to do so?

Doesn't matter if I'm the gas station attendant or the chimney sweeper, I'm going to do what's right.

As for your question, I am required to report child abuse, I'm assuming underage drinking too......

I agree it's the right thing to do. As for mandated, I don't think so, especially when not school related. Even if school related I believe the first call of many schools would be to the parents and suspend the kid. Second step would be to the police. Some schools might go directly to police.The mandated rules pertain to 'protect' the child from adults who do not care for them or abuse them. If the parents are aware of the drinking and are allowing it, a call to the police will get them the attention they need. But first, I'd let the parents know. I agree that there's really not a good reason for the parents to be unaware of facebook accounts for minor children, but we all know it happens.

I go back and forth between what you just said and what I said.

good luck with that :eusa_whistle:
let me know if/when it makes any sense.

Forum List

Back