Question for white guys.

If you couldn't be a white guy which would you rather be?

• Total voters
I'd definitely be a black guy because I want to stay a guy and then I could show people that I could succeed in spite of being black. I would promote the idea that no one can hold me back and wouldn't make excuses because of my color. I would overcome any prejudices I face and achieve all my goals and show people that the human spirit and desire is what really counts. I'd also like to jump higher and run faster.
It would also make it easier for others to believe me when I say the Mormon Church loves black people.

I didn't think the Mormons approved of homosexuality, Truthspeaker.:razz:

uh... we don't.

I find the nature of the OP quite interesting, It assumes that being a White Male is 'good' and asks, in effect whether is it s worse to be Black or female.

No, it assumes most people are happy to be who they already are.

Or it assumes that white males should realize that they have the best advantage of any group in this country and that they would rather be white males than white females or black men because they (white males) know they wouldn't have the same level of opportunity based on gender or race.

Or it assumes that white males should realize that they have the best advantage of any group in this country and that they would rather be white males than white females or black men because they (white males) know they wouldn't have the same level of opportunity based on gender or race.

That's a tired notion. It's not true anymore.

Ha! Ha ha ha!

Ask any professional woman if women, in general, are paid as much as men for the same work in this country?

Ever heard of social immobility? You probably know people who own businesses or who have upper management jobs, or at least middle management jobs, in a company. They're friends or family of yours. They got their jobs through hard work, education, etc. and/or they got their jobs because of who they know. Which do you think is more often the case? As I've come to learn and know, its not what you know, its who you know. So a black man, who grew up poor because his parents didn't have opportunity, who grew up in a poor neighborhood surrounded by poor people who also didn't have opportunity, whose family is poor, is less likely to know any one who owns their own business or who has a job where they are in a position to hire people they know. They have less access to capital. They also see that society has sort of forgotten them, and yet they flip burgers, or wash cars, or clean schools, or do whatever lousy job they can to survive which supports, in little ways, the society which ignores them. And if you don't think its true, come live where I live and work where I work in Five Points in Denver. Then you can see for yourself that race is certainly a factor in the level of one's opportunity. And remember this, just because you work hard, really and truly work hard and never give up, doesn't mean you won't fail. That's the freedom of our capitalist system. You free to succeed, but your free to fail and you're more likely to fail than succeed, especially when the cards are stacked against you.

Ha! Ha ha ha!

Ask any professional woman if women, in general, are paid as much as men for the same work in this country?

Ever heard of social immobility? You probably know people who own businesses or who have upper management jobs, or at least middle management jobs, in a company. They're friends or family of yours. They got their jobs through hard work, education, etc. and/or they got their jobs because of who they know. Which do you think is more often the case? As I've come to learn and know, its not what you know, its who you know. So a black man, who grew up poor because his parents didn't have opportunity, who grew up in a poor neighborhood surrounded by poor people who also didn't have opportunity, whose family is poor, is less likely to know any one who owns their own business or who has a job where they are in a position to hire people they know. They have less access to capital. They also see that society has sort of forgotten them, and yet they flip burgers, or wash cars, or clean schools, or do whatever lousy job they can to survive which supports, in little ways, the society which ignores them. And if you don't think its true, come live where I live and work where I work in Five Points in Denver. Then you can see for yourself that race is certainly a factor in the level of one's opportunity. And remember this, just because you work hard, really and truly work hard and never give up, doesn't mean you won't fail. That's the freedom of our capitalist system. You free to succeed, but your free to fail and you're more likely to fail than succeed, especially when the cards are stacked against you.

My reason for the poll was to satisfy my curiosity as to whether white men would rather give up their race or their sex if they had to chose. The poll pretty much gave the results I expected except I did think more white men would prefer to be black than female and I didn't think so many would have no preference.

Forum List

Back