Question for those voting for Kerry..

Before Kerry became the Democratic nominee I had no idea who Teresa Heinz Kerry was. Sure, I had heard her name before but I'd never seen a picture of her or knew anything about her.

Now that I do know who she is, have seen her interviewed and giving speeches, I find her to be repulsive. Much more so than her husband.

I don't understand people who think she's "refreshing." Do they think if we all went around telling each other to "shove it" the world would be so much more "refreshing?" She doesn't seem to know how to handle herself in public. She appears to have no self-control. In my opinion, she's really not cut out for life in public service. She's very divisive. Yuk.

alo60 said:
I don't understand people who think she's "refreshing." Do they think if we all went around telling each other to "shove it" the world would be so much more "refreshing?" She doesn't seem to know how to handle herself in public. She appears to have no self-control. In my opinion, she's really not cut out for life in public service. She's very divisive. Yuk.

Understandable, but dont make those kinds of accusations without first remembering Dick Cheney's "FUCK OFF" to a senate member?? That definitely shows the division and THATS repulsive. I dont give a shit WHAT party they are affiliated with, if you are going to call someone repulsive for their remarks, think about that. hahaha and you talk about self control?? The vice pres. needs some self control then, seriously, if you speak of that matter.

btw, shes a hag. heinz-kerry that is.

im on the fuck both of their comments side. everyone (politically) needs to act like a professional.. but.. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I agree. I myself wonder why Republicans attack the wives of Democrats. There is odd hatred for Hillary and now Theresa. The other side does not possess this same hatred for Barbara and Laura.

And of course no Dem ever had anything bad to say about Nancy Reagan....

We are well aware that we are electing a president and not a first lady. It is just a point of discussion and it's a valid one. The first lady is very important when it comes to certain matters of diplomacy and simple, basic public relations, for lack of a better phrase. The reason Hilary took so much heat is she was actually involved in the government. With the election of Bill Clinton, there was also the election of a first lady directly involved in policy making decisions. There is no reason to bring so much heat on Barbara or Laura Bush because they are more along the lines of the traditional first lady. If you will recall, there was no problem with Carter's wife because she filled that same roll. As far as Teresa Heinz-Kerry, Dems don't want to discuss it because they know how much of a potential embarrassment she could be.

musicman said:
USA Pride:

"They got more than their ears".

OMG! ROFLMAO!

And Hillary damn near swiped the White House silverware to keep in her Prada purse in her Estee Lauder makeup bag, along with her hubby's balls...

Heinz is just a frightening thought...anyone who lived in MN during the Jesse years, knows the feeling of someone getting up and speaking without thinking. The only thing that I thought Jesse was right on the money with was the comment about drunken Irishmen designing the street layout of St. Paul, only because he has/had a point. It's not easy to navigate that city, and I have lived here all my life.

Dave Willis said:
We are electing a president, not a first lady and in that area Bush is not only a failure but a danger to the country. I agree that Laura is a class act but she is not the first classy women to make a bad choice in men.

Dave Willis

Thank You!!! Some logic on picking a president.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Good job. Anyone on camera a good bit will make every face imaginable.

As to the original question - GWB, I do not think that their marriage is political. Where is your evidence for such a claim?

I do not think she will be a humilitation as first lady. Reasons? I have none. But come on, none of us know any of these people to any significant degree.

I still don't understand where the hatred for wives of Democratic Presidential candidates comes from.

I will not answer your question about whether I dislike Bush so much as to have Kerry in office. It is a loaded question. I do not think Kerry and Edwards are a bad choice.

I drew my conclusion from John Kerry's own remarks about his mother being the influential one when the subject was on wives. Since it was on national television I didn't think you'd need proof.
What I am talking about here is IMAGE. Hey if image and presentation didn't matter then the presidential debates would have had a different outcome. Kerry did so well on the debates in large part due to his image and the way he presented himself. So YES, image does matter. I don't have to know T.H.K. personally to know what an image she projects. I see it every time I turn on the TV and there she is! I read about her quotes and the ridiculous things she says in the papers, hear soundbites on the radio. If I can see this don't you think the rest of the world sees it? A first lady absolutely has a responsibilty to be dignified. She is representing my country -ME -and we all deserve better than that. Period. Now if she stays completely out of public eye, then fine, I don't care. But there's no such thing as the first lady who never came out of the White House...
I'm not even going to dignify your accusation that Republicans dislike democratic candidates wives. That's preposterous. I think others have answered that one fine.

GWBfan said:
I drew my conclusion from John Kerry's own remarks about his mother being the influential one when the subject was on wives. Since it was on national television I didn't think you'd need proof.
How is the fact the he spoke of his mother being an influential one, not the influential one, evidence that she will be a humiliation? I'd like to see your line of reasoning connecting those to propositions.

Plus I believe the final question was asking about the women in their lives...plural.

MJDuncan1982 said:
How is the fact the he spoke of his mother being an influential one, not the influential one, evidence that she will be a humiliation? I'd like to see your line of reasoning connecting those to propositions.

Plus I believe the final question was asking about the women in their lives...plural.

My response wasn't regarding influence..It was in regard to your post that accused me of calling the Kerry/Heinz marriage a political one. Please go back and reread...

MJDuncan1982 said:

Actually it helps if you accurately remember the question. The moderator did not just ask about the women in their lives, it was more specific than that.

According to the transcript at washingtonpost.com, the final question was:

SCHIEFFER: We've come, gentlemen, to our last question. And it occurred to me as I came to this debate tonight that the three of us share something. All three of us are surrounded by very strong women. We're all married to strong women. Each of us have two daughters that make us very proud.

I'd like to ask each of you, what is the most important thing you've learned from these strong women?

Bush answered the question. Kerry made some subtle reference to his wife's wealth, completely left his daughters out of it, then started talking about his mother.

Forum List

Back