question for those that have been in the navy

Wasn't in the Navy but ...

Release Date: 3/10/2004 8:58:00 AM

By Stacey Byington, Naval Station Pascagoula Public Affairs

PASCAGOULA, Miss. (NNS) -- USS Ticonderoga (CG 47) will depart its homeport at Naval Station Pascagoula for its final deployment March 10. The ship is scheduled to be decommissioned Sept. 30
USS Ticonderoga to Make Final Deployment Before Decommissioning

Thanks. I was just wondering why the government would send a nuclear carrier to the gulf when it was scheduled to be decommissioned within a year. I kind of felt that the government would send one of the convectional warfare class ships but not a nuclear carrier. But I wasn't in the navy so I didn't know.

Remember the Maine

What? Are you trying to suggest something?

Moi? watch and shoot

Remember the Maine is suggesting one thing. Could you clarify what you meant by
Remember the Maine.

02_maine_explosion.jpg

It's obvious, think about it. The ship is due to be decommissioned, if it is sunk, it's no loss.

Except for the dead of course.

It's obvious, think about it. The ship is due to be decommissioned, if it is sunk, it's no loss.

It's a nuclear aircraft carrier, not what I would say it's no lose.
However, the government would save money because the cost to decommission a nuclear ship is very expensive.

And lots of money for the arms industry.

Well that might be why these people think this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfJ6awaOSjg&list=FLrek-r6Y4lLacXbzj03BbBg&feature=mh_lolz]US and Israel want war with Iran will they use the USS Enterprise - Victim of False Flag operation - YouTube[/ame]

Would a ship be sent on deployment when it's scheduled to be decommissioned within a year?

I decommissioned USS Iowa - we did! Had a North Atlantic Cruise in 89, decom'd 90.

OK thanks.
One more question is it a normal practice to send a nuclear powered ship into a hostel region when it's soon to be decommissioned?

Would a ship be sent on deployment when it's scheduled to be decommissioned within a year?

I decommissioned USS Iowa - we did! Had a North Atlantic Cruise in 89, decom'd 90.

OK thanks.
One more question is it a normal practice to send a nuclear powered ship into a hostel region when it's soon to be decommissioned?

Sure - why not. Just because a ship is being decommissioned, doesn't mean it's on it's last legs.

OK thanks.

Sure - why not. Just because a ship is being decommissioned, doesn't mean it's on it's last legs.

Isn't that what being decommissioned means? going into the mothball fleet?
I'm a land lover I really don't know.

OK thanks.

Yes - but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. The Iowa, for example, I forgot how many times that thing was commissioned/decommissioned. Three maybe? Don't remember -

There have been many ships decom'd that are recom'd.

There are also ships that are decom'd, sold to foreign countries, or sunk as targets.

Yes - but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. The Iowa, for example, I forgot how many times that thing was commissioned/decommissioned. Three maybe? Don't remember -

There have been many ships decom'd that are recom'd.

There are also ships that are decom'd, sold to foreign countries, or sunk as targets.

How many have been nuclear powered ships? I am familiar with some ships that have been commissioned and decommissioned. Big MO comes to mind.

Forum List

Back