Question for those pushing a "living wage"

If you paid me shitty wages, I'd do a shitty job.

LOL, no, I would pay you nothing if you did a shitty job and fire you on the spot.

You would have no job.

That's fine - but keep in mind that people pay a lot of attention to what is said on social media. I know of several businesses that have been ruined.

You get what you pay for.

You are full of shit.
Your " i know of's" are rubbish.
They mean nothing here.
Social media is as easily ignored. In fact, social media has been exposed.
people are fighting back against bogus complaints and other vindictive garbage on social media.
Websites such as reputation.com are the weaponry against these social media whiners.
Because that is the bulk of social media content regarding business, whining and vindictive shit.

According to the Economic Policy Institute, the minimum wage in the United States would have been $18.28 in 2013, if the minimum wage kept pace with labor productivity.

That is virtually identical to the wage I earn now.

You don't earn that. That is what the government forces your employer to pay you.....To work in an unskilled labor position.
Tell me, do skilled workers in Australia get the benefit of government wage rate fixing, or does it just apply to people with little or no skill?

According to the Economic Policy Institute, the minimum wage in the United States would have been $18.28 in 2013, if the minimum wage kept pace with labor productivity.

Minimum wage does not have a damn thing to do with labor productivity.
Those workers tend to be young and 50% of them are under the age of 25. 21% of them are TEENAGERS. 4% OF THE WORKFORCE.
4% of the nations's workforce that are low and no skilled workers have very little impact on this nation's large labor productivity.
This is getting too easy for me, not seeing any real evidence sports fans.
All those artificially high wages paid in Australia do is is remove the incentive for workers to improve their individual skills. It's made keeping one's self unskilled and unmotivated to make improvements, comfortable.
One must ask themselves, "why should I do anything to help myself if the government tells my boss he has to pay me a labor rate for skilled workers when I can remain as I am and receive the same money as say a plumber or electrician"..
That would never fly here. Imagine if only the unskilled were to receive a government mandated artificial increase and skilled workers received no comparative increase.

Oh, the tragedy of driving an "old car". My goodness how you have suffered. These crosses to which people with money nail themselves are absurd.

You have the same right to a minimum wage that everyone else does. All you have to do is abandon your business and get a minimum wage job. If your business fails and you start slinging slurpees and the local 7-11, you will be glad to know that the local 7-11 is required to pay you a minimum wage such that you may continue to eat food, wear clothes, and have a roof over your head.

When your business fails, and I think it will, and you find yourself sobbing over your fate working a minimum wage job please know that you will be grateful for that "old car" you now speak of so scornfully.

Oh, the tragedy of making minimum wage which is more than you are worth.
Started my business in 1979. Have 2 more to go along with it to equal 3.
Never have worked a minimum wage job ever. They paid us $3 a hour in 1969 to bail hay in the fields.
I have 2 million in the bank working 70 hour weeks and driving a 1999 Toyota with 305,000 miles on it.
Something about a work ethic.
Mexicans make $10 a hour here and ones with a SKILL $15.
Skill? Ever heard of that.
But sharpen up your "do you want fries with that" skill of yours.
How original, an appeal to ones own wealth. What an authority you must consider yourself to be. And how tragic that you can still can't afford a new car.
Let's see... 16 in 1969 puts you born around 1953. So you purport to be approximately 61 years old... possibly older.
Wow, a whole 2 million in the bank. I wonder why Forbes has not done an article on you yet. A Bank clerk stuffing the max into a 401k for 40 years may match you.
How to be a 401(k) millionaire - Nov. 11, 2013
If you plan to live out your days bailing hay, I guess that sounds okay. But I suspect you'll be glad to get your SS check once your account is depleted to pay for inevitable health issues. And Medicare. You'll be glad for that too.

It's not the guy behind the counter's fault that you're still eating big macs at 61. My advice to you is to stop blaming low-end workers for your personal failure to achieve anything remotely distinguishable and accept that a working person deserves the basics: three squares, a roof, clothes, etc.

hey idiot...He doesn't waste his money buying things such as cars that he does not need.
Why replace a perfectly good running vehicle?
The number one problem facing people who have limited means is their inability or more accurately unwillingness to properly manage their money.
If for example a person with limited means was presented with say a $100,000 check to do with as they pleased, most of the time that person would be right back in the same position within a year's time.

4% of the American paid by the hour work force makes the minimum wage.
54% of them are under the age of 24
3% of workers over the age of 25 make the minimum wage.
80% of those making the minimum wage have low to no skills.
Number of minimum wage earners as a % of the work force has steadily declined for the last 10 years.
As of 2013 it is less than 4.3% for the paid by the hour work force dropping from 4.7 in 2012.

Department of Labor Statistics

All the dodge from the real issues of the day for 3% of the entire work force.

Never have worked a minimum wage job ever. They paid us $3 a hour in 1969 to bail hay in the fields.
I have 2 million in the bank working 70 hour weeks and driving a 1999 Toyota with 305,000 miles on it.
How original, an appeal to ones own wealth. What an authority you must consider yourself to be. And how tragic that you can still can't afford a new car.
Let's see... 16 in 1969 puts you born around 1953. So you purport to be approximately 61 years old... possibly older.
Wow, a whole 2 million in the bank. I wonder why Forbes has not done an article on you yet. A Bank clerk stuffing the max into a 401k for 40 years may match you.
If you plan to live out your days bailing hay, I guess that sounds okay. But I suspect you'll be glad to get your SS check once your account is depleted to pay for inevitable health issues. And Medicare. You'll be glad for that too.

It's not the guy behind the counter's fault that you're still eating big macs at 61. My advice to you is to stop blaming low-end workers for your personal failure to achieve anything remotely distinguishable and accept that a working person deserves the basics: three squares, a roof, clothes, etc.

hey idiot...He doesn't waste his money buying things such as cars that he does not need.
Why replace a perfectly good running vehicle?
The number one problem facing people who have limited means is their inability or more accurately unwillingness to properly manage their money.
If for example a person with limited means was presented with say a $100,000 check to do with as they pleased, most of the time that person would be right back in the same position within a year's time.

Wow are you generous. My bet would be broke in approximately three months. They would not invest, they would go out on the town, they would buy expensive items out the ying yang.

Oh, the tragedy of driving an "old car". My goodness how you have suffered. These crosses to which people with money nail themselves are absurd.

You have the same right to a minimum wage that everyone else does. All you have to do is abandon your business and get a minimum wage job. If your business fails and you start slinging slurpees and the local 7-11, you will be glad to know that the local 7-11 is required to pay you a minimum wage such that you may continue to eat food, wear clothes, and have a roof over your head.

When your business fails, and I think it will, and you find yourself sobbing over your fate working a minimum wage job please know that you will be grateful for that "old car" you now speak of so scornfully.

I own a 2012 Porsche 911. Paid $97,000 cash for it. I own a detective agency since 1979, a consulting firm and a real estate investment firm.

Would never eat a Big Mac. Do not blame anyone.
I have no health issues as I am not fat and lazy.
No one deserves anything, you have to earn everything.

Forum List

Back