Question for the pro-abortion crowd:

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Assume for the moment that those that claim homosexuality is genetic are correct.

If the mother of my child and I test our unborn baby for the homosexuality gene and it comes back positive -- is it OK to abort the baby because we don't want to have a child that might be a homosexual?

Assume for the moment that those that claim homosexuality is genetic are correct.

If the mother of my child and I test our unborn baby for the homosexuality gene and it comes back positive -- is it OK to abort the baby because we don't want to have a child that might be a homosexual?

Yes, I think most "pro-choice" people would say that you have that right. Of course, we might think you are an idiot, but we maintain that you have the right to be an idiot.

Yes, I think most "pro-choice" people would say that you have that right. Of course, we might think you are an idiot, but we maintain that you have the right to be an idiot.

Just to be clear:
That a child might be a homosexual is sufficient justification for an abortion.
Right?

Just to be clear:
That a child might be a homosexual is sufficient justification for an abortion.
Right?

Not exactly. The basis for the "pro-choice" position is that a woman is the person to decide whether she wants to carry the pregnancy through to term. There doesn't have to be any justification for the decision. The responsibility lies with the woman to make the decision on her own grounds.

If the woman feels she needs to justify her actions, she can do so however she wants. I may think she is an idiot for acting on the basis of such reasons, but it is not my place (or the government's - at least at the moment) to deny her the right to have an abortion.

I’m pro-gay-civil-unions meaning that I think that the civil unions for gay couples should be allowed and recognized even at the federal level.

I doubt that I’m the intended audience but I’ll answer the question from my own perspective. I think that abortion should be illegal except to save the life of the mother and, perhaps, in cases of rape and incest. So if homosexuality is found to be genetic, it is not grounds for the mother to abort the child.

I’m pro-gay-civil-unions meaning that I think that the civil unions for gay couples should be allowed and recognized even at the federal level.

I doubt that I’m the intended audience but I’ll answer the question from my own perspective. I think that abortion should be illegal except to save the life of the mother and, perhaps, in cases of rape and incest. So if homosexuality is found to be genetic, it is not grounds for the mother to abort the child.

Except right now it IS legally acceptable to abort early for any reason or no reason.

I think they would have a problem with that because we should love our children no matter what sexual orientation they are.

funny how it's the prospect of a gay child that makes abortion sound pretty tempting to some...

I wonder if M14 would also ask this question about down syndrome, cerebal palsy and overall mental retardation...

:eusa_pray:

Except right now it IS legally acceptable to abort early for any reason or no reason.

This is true. Like I said with the issue if civil unions, people won’t necessarily change their minds and hearts about something just because it is legal (by the courts) or legislated (by congress).

uh, because you wanted to bait the pro-abortion, who are more than likely also pro-gay, crowd by presenting them with what you thought would be an inconsistency to their support of abortion?

So, again, i'll ask... do you ask the same question in regards to down syndrome, palsy and mental retardation? If you can fathom a "NO" answer for these then what would make you wonder if aborting a gay child would be different?

uh, because you wanted to bait the pro-abortion, who are more than likely also pro-gay, crowd by presenting them with what you thought would be an inconsistency to their support of abortion?
Wow. there's a chance -- a small one, but a chance none the less -- that you aren't as stupid as you act.

Good for you!!

I take it you didn't want to answer my question then.

Theres a chance, howver slight, that it's not obvious why you shy away from a question that will make your motives for posting this thread appear as retarded as it is.

0101100115010103002007101922ce3ca4e0f078197400e983.jpg

I take it you didn't want to answer my question then.

Theres a chance, howver slight, that it's not obvious why you shy away from a question that will make your motives for posting this thread appear as retarded as it is.

It does seem like he has an annoying tendancy to delay or avoid answering questions. I readily answered an question that he posed (and it wasn’t even directed to me). I asked him a related question but all that I’ve received so far are ireelevant personal attacks. A simple anser (even an “I don’t know”) would be nice.

Forum List

Back