Question for the Open Border Fans

Okay, so 20 years from now, IF you finally get through all the red tape and legal issues to get the wall built,

you still get at least half the immigration anyway, probably more than that because the wall will funnel people into the alternative routes.

Then what?

The wall can go up quicker in the most easily transited places. Those alternate routes can be better tracked and monitored.

That with increased deportations will reduce the issue over time.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Can we raise your taxes to pay for it?

Don't have to. Even if it costs $20 billion that is two days worth of the federal budget. I'm sure we can find something to cut out to pay for it.

I see. You want the wall paid for out of the other guys' government programs.

lol, big surprise.

I'm sure we can cut some support programs for the perverted arts.

Like I've always said, you RWnuts don't want less government, you just want less of the other guys' government.

Half the so-called illegals here got in legally at the time they crossed the border, dumbass.

They stayed illegally.

Those who crossed without going through customs are undocumented AND illegal.

Okay, so 20 years from now, IF you finally get through all the red tape and legal issues to get the wall built,

you still get at least half the immigration anyway, probably more than that because the wall will funnel people into the alternative routes.

Then what?

The wall can go up quicker in the most easily transited places. Those alternate routes can be better tracked and monitored.

Obama spent a trillion to stimulate the economy. Why are you suddenly opposed to helping the economy?

Oh yeah, who will clean your toilets.

The stimulus was 800 billion and 300 billion of it was tax cuts.

Now you're admitting that tax cuts represent a cost?

Don't have to. Even if it costs $20 billion that is two days worth of the federal budget. I'm sure we can find something to cut out to pay for it.

I see. You want the wall paid for out of the other guys' government programs.

lol, big surprise.

I'm sure we can cut some support programs for the perverted arts.

Like I've always said, you RWnuts don't want less government, you just want less of the other guys' government.

Border control is a function of the federal government,regardless of it's size.

Are you suggesting the way RWnuts view government is the reason you support an open border without stronger border protections ... :dunno:
If so ... Then it becomes more clear what your intentions include.

They stayed illegally.

Those who crossed without going through customs are undocumented AND illegal.

Then what?

Obama spent a trillion to stimulate the economy. Why are you suddenly opposed to helping the economy?

Oh yeah, who will clean your toilets.

The stimulus was 800 billion and 300 billion of it was tax cuts.

Now you're admitting that tax cuts represent a cost?
Ok, so we spend $200B on the wall which leaves us $600B short of Obamas stimulus. Why are you opposed to helping the economy?

Instead of focusing on rounding up illegals, how about we start rounding up the people who are illegally hiring them?

Shhhhh,you're talking about our president now and he can do no wrong.
Who are these 'open border' people you guys keep ranting about?
That's funny.
No, you're funny. Define 'open border fans' or have your premise rejected.

Here's an example of how you framed this thread: do you still beat your wife?
Anyone opposed to the wall is for open borders. A wall only allows people to be processed thru a system as they enter.

And don't even try to pretend you lefties care about costs.

This is the most hilarious post of the week and that's saying something on this vile website.
People tend to laugh at things they don't understand.

You're right. I don't understand how you could actively advocate for policies that will directly impact you negatively.

Almost all open border fans claim to have a deep desire that everyone make a "fair wage". Right now that is +$15/hr.

What direction is that pressure on $15 when Pablo is willing to live with ten families in an apartment and is happy making $8/hr?

You really think employers are going to budget for pay increases to keep a work force?
I'd sure love for Pablo and his buddies to come pave my road for me. Just got a quote from Granite and they want 20k. Fuck that, Pablo's gonna charge me 5

Almost all open border fans claim to have a deep desire that everyone make a "fair wage". Right now that is +$15/hr.

What direction is that pressure on $15 when Pablo is willing to live with ten families in an apartment and is happy making $8/hr?

You really think employers are going to budget for pay increases to keep a work force?
I'd sure love for Pablo and his buddies to come pave my road for me. Just got a quote from Granite and they want 20k. Fuck that, Pablo's gonna charge me 5
But....but.... Granite pays its employees a living wage!

Instead of focusing on rounding up illegals, how about we start rounding up the people who are illegally hiring them?

Shhhhh,you're talking about our president now and he can do no wrong.
That's funny.

Anyone opposed to the wall is for open borders. A wall only allows people to be processed thru a system as they enter.

This is the most hilarious post of the week and that's saying something on this vile website.
People tend to laugh at things they don't understand.

You're right. I don't understand how you could actively advocate for policies that will directly impact you negatively.
You're right! With a wall who will clean my toilets!

But....but.... Granite pays its employees a living wage!
Excellent, more power to Granite! I'm having Pablo and his crew over for a bbq after they finish my road.

An employer who makes a profit can decide to pay the legal minimum wage or not. If he cheats he should be fined, make restitution (to payroll taxes) and spend some time in jail; or he can go out of business. If the business is viable at the higher wage it will be replaced by another, willing to make (maybe) less profit.

Who are these 'open border' people you guys keep ranting about?
That's funny.

The costs, the environmental impact, the symbology, the diplomatic impact, these are the real concerns. Add to that the fact that a twenty five foot high wall can be scaled using a twenty six foot high ladder. Walls, be they in Berlin, China, Palestine or bordering Scotland and England do not work.
Israel did it and it works great.

Damn your EIR bs.
I have to admit I don't know what you mean by EIR.

Who is an 'open border fan'? Can you actually name anyone who has said that they believe in an 'open border'? I guess there might be some far left fanatics- but anyone mainstream? Anyone who is not the equivalent of the rights David Duke?

The only border we have that might conceivably be called 'open' is our Northern border.

Forum List

Back