Question for the Obama haters --

When you learn that something you've been told, read, gotten a chain letter about - like the idiotic "President Obama giving away Alaskan Islands" lie ... When you find out that you have been lied to, that the chain letter is a lie, what do you do?

Do you send links back to the people who sent you the lie?

Do you make any move at all to correct that lie?

-- OR --

Because you know it will reflect badly on the president, do you let the lie go on, even spreading it further yourself, even though it makes you look like an idiot?

IOW, do you make any effort to really search out the truth?

Or, like the post about the Alaskan Islands, do you just keep spreading the lies?

Final question:

Are you answering THIS thread honestly?

All rhetorical questions, one trusts.

The conservative motto is to repeat a lie often enough until it’s perceived as true.

In the case of Obama, given the 2008 presidential election results and the fact the new president was retaining many Bush-Era policies, republicans found little, if any, actual issues to use as weapons against Obama.

Things consequently became purely partisan, having noting to do with facts, sound governance, or good public policy. As Senate Minority Leader McConnell stated, the GOP’s primary goal was to 'get rid of Obama, ’ what’s good for the Nation be damned.

To realize that goal, the right contrived lies, half-truths, and misinformation designed to make Obama ‘look bad,’ to create a false impression of a president somehow responsible for everything wrong with America, including a recession that began 13 months before he took office.

Part of the goal has been to turn citizens against each other. When times are hard, its important to have someone to blame. The r's have demonized brown, black and anyone who is pro-middle class, pro-poor. They throw a lot of ideological spaghetti against the wall and go with what ever sticks.

Anything is better than staying with the issues that they themselves refuse to address.

And we fall for it.

well lets see which party has been spewing there is a war on women..which President keeps saying the wealthy SHOULD pay more, which party keeps spewing people want to take away Social Security, Medicare, etc etc..
that is your answer which party is trying to turn citizens against each other..
you must be so proud to belong to it and freely helping in spreading their lies

You have a false assumption that people hate Mr Obama.
I guess that is an easy assumption for you to make since you hated Mr Bush.

The difference between Bush and Obama is, Bush started two wars.

Obama killed Osama Bin Laden.
No Bush started one Iraq Al-Queda started the other and Bin Laden was killed during the Obama Presidency which I give him credit for but Obama did not kill Bin Laden that was done by the Navy Seals.

WOW. Great stuff. Three remarkable points made, even if there is a noticeable lack of fundamental punctuation.

First, an admission that Bush started the Iraq war. A fucking disaster on a variety of levels. At least you're honest about that. Extra credit on that one.

Second, that Al Qaeda started the war in Afghanistan, another fucking disaster on a variety of levels. Holy crap -- all this time I was living under the impression that Bush was Commander In Chief and gave the final orders to invade and occupy Afghanistan. Turns out he didn't give those orders, Al Qaeda did! My goodness, thanks for setting me straight on that. Wow, I wonder how they were able to do that. They must have somehow infiltrated our executive and military apparatus. Holy crap, they were good! Oh well, at least I know "the truth" now.

Third, that Obama didn't kill bin Laden, it was done by the Navy Seals. True that. Yet does anyone deny that, had Bush been the one in office when the Seals got bin Laden, that the Right would be screaming from the mountain tops for decades about how Bush killed bin Laden? Looking forward to that denial and subsequent spin.

I dunno. Is stuff like this supposed to be taken seriously, or is this just some game and no one told me?

Last edited:

No Bush started one Iraq Al-Queda started the other and Bin Laden was killed during the Obama Presidency which I give him credit for but Obama did not kill Bin Laden that was done by the Navy Seals.

WOW. Great stuff. Three remarkable points made, even if there is a noticeable lack of fundamental punctuation.

First, an admission that Bush started the Iraq war. A fucking disaster on a variety of levels. At least you're honest about that. Extra credit on that one.

Second, that Al Qaeda started the war in Afghanistan, another fucking disaster on a variety of levels. Holy crap -- all this time I was living under the impression that Bush was Commander In Chief and gave the final orders to invade and occupy Afghanistan. Turns out he didn't give those orders, Al Qaeda did! My goodness, thanks for setting me straight on that. Wow, I wonder how they were able to do that. They must have somehow infiltrated our executive and military apparatus. Holy crap, they were good! Oh well, at least I know "the truth" now.

Third, that Obama didn't kill bin Laden, it was done by the Navy Seals. True that. Yet does anyone deny that, had Bush been the one in office when the Seals got bin Laden, that the Right would be screaming from the mountain tops for decades about how Bush killed bin Laden? Looking forward to that denial and subsequent spin.

I dunno. Is stuff like this supposed to be taken seriously, or is this just some game and no one told me?

Amazingly everything done that has a negative effect is Obama's fault. Everything Obama did that has a positive effect is someone else's doing.

dog-whisperer-logojpg-300x257.jpg

mans best Friend, not a happy meal

Good stuff right here. :clap2: Get em righties. Don't let him talk bad about you rethugs and make you look like the fools you are. Re write history.......again.

First, an admission that Bush started the Iraq war. A fucking disaster on a variety of levels. At least you're honest about that. Extra credit on that one.I have never denied that so I really don't see your point.

Putting aside your lame attempt at trying to be a smart ass you might recall that the orders given were in response to a little thing called the 9-11 attacks if that had never happened no invasion of Afghanistan would have happened so yes Al-Queda did start that war happy to set you straight.

Some might but I would be saying the same thing as I said about Obama that Bin Laden was killed during Bush's Presidency not by Bush.

I really have no idea what you take serious and would not try to figure that out.
I hope this has cleared things up for you a little bit.

Forum List

Back