Question for the ladies, and like-ladies

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
My daughter finally persuaded me to watch these "Twilight Saga" movies. Other than being pretty cheesy schlock, one question keeps coming to my mind, why would any girl/woman/female/etc choose some scrawny, pasty-faced, milque-toast looking dude (vampire) over an incredibly buff dude(werewolf)? I understand that tons of young teeny-boppers are truly demented about that vampire character.

Ladies? (Or anyone else who might have a theory.)

My daughter finally persuaded me to watch these "Twilight Saga" movies. Other than being pretty cheesy schlock, one question keeps coming to my mind, why would any girl/woman/female/etc choose some scrawny, pasty-faced, milque-toast looking dude (vampire) over an incredibly buff dude(werewolf)? I understand that tons of young teeny-boppers are truly demented about that vampire character.

I'm not attracted to incredibly buff dudes, I like them tall, slim (not too skinny) and handsome. Muscle heads are usually as wide as they are tall and as for the Twilight guys, they are really boys and it is younger girls who are attracted to them.

I'm not attracted to incredibly buff dudes, I like them tall, slim (not too skinny) and handsome. Muscle heads are usually as wide as they are tall and as for the Twilight guys, they are really boys and it is younger girls who are attracted to them.

True, they are just boys. I'm just trying to get a handle on why one would appear more attractive to girls than the other.

I prefer my vampires manly.

54236.jpg

I know when I was just a girl my heart throbs were Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum. But hey, kids these days. :lol: They scream for Beiber.

I mean come on.

And Gallant Warrior I'm with you. Pasty faced and milque toast is quite an accurate description.

Last edited:
edward cullen is tortured and vulnerable and mysterious..and he is a bad boy :)
you want to fix his tortured soul then let him ravish you on the kitchen table ;)

and he sparkles when you put him in sunlight :p

the wolf is actually prettier when he is a wolf. he is cute in a loyal puppy kind of way..
but too beefy for me. too macho. you want to throw a stick :p

to me anyway..my 19 yo daughter hates them both and wont even watch the movies cause the books were bad she says.

Last edited:
Whew finally found him. My favorite vampire from Lost Boys.

Lost-Boys-Wallpaper-the-lost-boys-movie-13442527-1024-768.jpg

The picture didn't show up, TD.

And GW, it's not all for Edward and none for Jacob. The young ladies choose their favorites, and I think it's about 50/50%.

I'm trying to find something not copyrighted. Dwayne from the Lost Boys. Antonio Banderos was an awesome vampire as well.

i know the one you are talking about..yessss :)

wesley snipes was pretty right on too..eyes <3

i look forward to seeing dark shadows with johnny depp next :)

Hey one thing we can all agree on is that they all suck. hehehehe. Sorries. Couldn't help it. Been battling wind, sun and slugs in the garden all day.

The picture didn't show up, TD.

And GW, it's not all for Edward and none for Jacob. The young ladies choose their favorites, and I think it's about 50/50%.

I'm trying to find something not copyrighted. Dwayne from the Lost Boys. Antonio Banderos was an awesome vampire as well.

i know the one you are talking about..yessss :)

wesley snipes was pretty right on too..eyes <3

i look forward to seeing dark shadows with johnny depp next :)

Agreed on Snipes and ditto for Dark Shadows.

Maybe because the werewolf looks like a llama.

alpa_lautner.png

Ok to me there is no contest.

This (what's wrong with kids these days?)

RobertPattinson_edward_twilight.jpg

versus

wirth-mccarter-1012.jpg

and my neck goes to...........................

Picture #2

:D

Forum List

Back