Question for the forum members

We live right next to a pond that hosts hundreds of frogs. It's a nice soothing sound to listen to at night.
Oh, and for Sandy:
090114.JPG

gop_jeff said:
We live right next to a pond that hosts hundreds of frogs. It's a nice soothing sound to listen to at night.
Oh, and for Sandy:
090114.JPG

Ever notice how that almost looks like the Breast Cancer Awareness Symbol turned sideways?

277503.jpg

mom4 said:
More random posting:

I just dug a frog pond out back for my boy. The neighbor down the street had the idea. Just a simple U-shaped hole with a liner and some creek rock to hold it in place. We dug it near a tree, hoping to attract tree frogs at night when they come out. It worked for our neighbor; hopefully it will work for us. The boys are very excited.
How's the worm thing going?

GotZoom said:
Ever notice how that almost looks like the Breast Cancer Awareness Symbol turned sideways?

277503.jpg

Who was it who got 'in trouble' for turning their little ribbon sideways, during the Oscars? or Grammies?

'Pearls before swine'

Meaning:

Items of quality offered to those who aren't cultured enough to appreciate them.

Origin:

From the Bible - Matthew 7,6. 'Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.

:cool:

Darwins Friend said:
'Pearls before swine'

Meaning:

Items of quality offered to those who aren't cultured enough to appreciate them.

Origin:

From the Bible - Matthew 7,6. 'Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.

:cool:

Cool! Another random topic! :D

Said1 said:
I've never eaten one, I don't think I ever will either. Unless something drastic happens and I'm forced to hunt and gather or starve. :laugh:
I was like that many years ago, said. Then I relented, and tried one. WOW!!

Lightly breaded, sautéed in butter, garlic and wine, then dipped in butter!
It’s ta kill for! I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P said:

drink a Pinot Noir with those?

Mr. P said:

I've heard that, but still.

As the old lady next door would say "don't turn your nose up, if you were starving you'd f*cken eat anything, mon deu." She's probably right.

Mr. P said:
How's the worm thing going?
We sawed for worms when I was edging my flower beds. Not sure the sawing helped any; I think the worms were already on the move bc it was pretty wet after a rain. It would probably help during a dry spell. But it kept the kids occupied for over an hour! :thup:

Got a 5 gallon bucket half filled with mud and probably a million worms. I found some dearly departed worms in my son's pants pocket, too. :puke:

mom4 said:
We sawed for worms when I was edging my flower beds. Not sure the sawing helped any; I think the worms were already on the move bc it was pretty wet after a rain. It would probably help during a dry spell. But it kept the kids occupied for over an hour! :thup:

Got a 5 gallon bucket half filled with mud and probably a million worms. I found some dearly departed worms in my son's pants pocket, too. :puke:
pooo...but yea, after a rain they were movin...Try again. Did the stick vibrate?

Mr. P said:
pooo...but yea, after a rain they were movin...Try again. Did the stick vibrate?
See, I think this is part of the problem. Sticks are a rare commodity here. Most of our trees still ARE sticks!

We used a metal thing that screws into the ground. It vibrated, but maybe the spiral shape diminished the effect?

mom4 said:
See, I think this is part of the problem. Sticks are a rare commodity here. Most of our trees still ARE sticks!

We used a metal thing that screws into the ground. It vibrated, but maybe the spiral shape diminished the effect?
Gotta old wooded broom handle? That'll work.

Forum List

Back