Question For The Atheist and Unbelievers.

You're somewhat correct. The concept of eternal "Hell" is a pagan concept. The term "Hell" is actually a pagan term used as the translation for several different places mentioned in scriptures. Sheol (death), Tarturoo ("the pit" or abyss/dimension of angels), and Gehenna or the "Lake of Fire". The Hebrew scriptures do not teach life after death like most pagan religions at the time taught.

Not quite.

The Hebrew scriptures speak of a place where the dead go and are still 'alive' I forget the name, but it's separated by a deep canyon. On one side are those in Abraham's Bosom and on the others the condemned. In Christian thought, this is the First Death where the souls await judgement.

The eternal fire is not a place of torment, but the fire that burns the chaff- the destruction of the soul and cessation of existence for those unsaved souls who will not see paradise.

You have to look at the situation of the writer of Revelations when he wrote it to understand it.

Also carrots alone do not keep the flocks in alignment. You need a stick as well.
and the dogs...

I think you would have to prove there is a hell before I could prove I won't be burning in it.

Simple

Hell fire is the creation of Dante and was taken from the Greek idea of Hades

It does not exist in the Judaic belief, this great place of damnations that Christians love to talk about., Therefore, it exists only as much as Greco-Romans myths exist. That is--not at all.

You're somewhat correct. The concept of eternal "Hell" is a pagan concept. The term "Hell" is actually a pagan term used as the translation for several different places mentioned in scriptures. Sheol (death), Tarturoo ("the pit" or abyss/dimension of angels), and Gehenna or the "Lake of Fire". The Hebrew scriptures do not teach life after death like most pagan religions at the time taught. According to the scriptures when your dead, you're dead, until the final resurrection day. Sheol, one of the terms translated as "hell" in the Bible is really a "state" not a "place", it is a "state" of the dead. All of the dead are currently in the "state" of Sheol or death. Upon the resurrection they will be brought back to life, judged and according to the scripture, the wicked will be thrown into a lake of fire, which is not an eternal Hell, like the Pagans would teach, it's a pit of annihilation in which the souls of the wicked are burned up and they and the Lake of Fire cease to exist. There is no one place in existence called "Hell" right now.

close except the torment never stops. ("And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”)

Nor does the torment stop in the Greco-Roman concept.

I was right, uppie actually think we are talking about the Judaic perspective.

No, Christianity is taken from a Greco-Roman perspective infused with some Judaic information. Once everyone comes to this realization, the threat to Judaism will be as obvious as the tip of your nose. More so than Islam, believe it or not.

☭proletarian☭;2206423 said:
Can you prove that your not going to burn in hell fire?

Can you prove hell exists?

Can you prove you won't suffer in Hades for not worshiping Zeus?
Wasn't Hades the name of a deity not the realm he ruled?

It is Pluto/Hades and the realm is called Hades.

Pluto oversaw the torment of the dead in Hellinicism, much like Satan does in Christianity.

But I wonder, is there such a figure that over saw the condemned dead in Judaism? It looks as if there is no such deity due to the destruction of the soul in Judaic belief.

But then, Judaism is not necessary to understanding Christianity. Judaism theology undercuts Christianity, that is why it is unnecessary.

☭proletarian☭;2206423 said:

Can you prove hell exists?

Can you prove you won't suffer in Hades for not worshiping Zeus?
Wasn't Hades the name of a deity not the realm he ruled?

I thought they were both called Hades.

But just to be safe ...

Can you prove you won't suffer in the pit of Tartarus for not worshiping Zeus?

I don't have to.

The burden of proof lies with he who makes the positive assertion.

OP= dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

I'm a good person, and I would think if there was a god, he would know people's true intentions of why they treat others nicely. Believing out of fear of going to hell is hardly noble reason of why you would not kill, cheat, steal, rob, rape, etc other people. God wouldn't be such an arrogant asshole that expects people to throw away logic and reasoning to believe some antiquated book of physically impossible and unproven things, stated to them by other imperfect, often times dishonest, human beings.

Funny how religious people will make god out to be exactly like the leaders of ancient times who were often revered as "gods" and were ruthless, demanded worship and respect, and came down hard on those that didn't worship and show respect.

Hmm, wonder why that is? Oh, because humans made up what god is and what god wants.

Simple

Hell fire is the creation of Dante and was taken from the Greek idea of Hades

It does not exist in the Judaic belief, this great place of damnations that Christians love to talk about., Therefore, it exists only as much as Greco-Romans myths exist. That is--not at all.

You're somewhat correct. The concept of eternal "Hell" is a pagan concept. The term "Hell" is actually a pagan term used as the translation for several different places mentioned in scriptures. Sheol (death), Tarturoo ("the pit" or abyss/dimension of angels), and Gehenna or the "Lake of Fire". The Hebrew scriptures do not teach life after death like most pagan religions at the time taught. According to the scriptures when your dead, you're dead, until the final resurrection day. Sheol, one of the terms translated as "hell" in the Bible is really a "state" not a "place", it is a "state" of the dead. All of the dead are currently in the "state" of Sheol or death. Upon the resurrection they will be brought back to life, judged and according to the scripture, the wicked will be thrown into a lake of fire, which is not an eternal Hell, like the Pagans would teach, it's a pit of annihilation in which the souls of the wicked are burned up and they and the Lake of Fire cease to exist. There is no one place in existence called "Hell" right now.

close except the torment never stops. ("And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”)

Sounds a lot better than having to spend an eternity of torment with people like you

Easy to prove......

God hates Christians and would not want to spend an eternity in their company. God finds Christians to be pompous, judgemental, single minded and just plain creepy.

God would rather party with a bunch of Atheists than be stuck hanging out with Christians

☭proletarian☭;2206419 said:
We'll not take advise on how to save our souls from someone who thinks posting links to videos of random beheading makes him some kind of internet cool guy.

So you were the one who didn't like that post.:lol::lol:

Sounds a lot better than having to spend an eternity of torment with people like you

That's how good God is, he gave you the power to choose where you would spend eternity

I'm a good person, and I would think if there was a god, he would know people's true intentions of why they treat others nicely. Believing out of fear of going to hell is hardly noble reason of why you would not kill, cheat, steal, rob, rape, etc other people. God wouldn't be such an arrogant asshole that expects people to throw away logic and reasoning to believe some antiquated book of physically impossible and unproven things, stated to them by other imperfect, often times dishonest, human beings.

Funny how religious people will make god out to be exactly like the leaders of ancient times who were often revered as "gods" and were ruthless, demanded worship and respect, and came down hard on those that didn't worship and show respect.

Hmm, wonder why that is? Oh, because humans made up what god is and what god wants.

Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

"I'm basically a good person, so I'll go to heaven." "OK, so I do some bad things, but I do more good things, so I'll go to heaven." "God won't send me to hell just because I don't live by the Bible. Times have changed!" "Only really bad people like child molesters and murderers go to hell."

These are all common rationalizations, but the truth is that they are all lies. Satan, the ruler of the world, plants these thoughts in our heads. He, and anyone who follows his ways, is an enemy of God (1Peter 5:8). Satan is a deceiver and often disguises himself as someone good (2 Corinthians 11:14), but he has control over all the minds that do not belong to God. "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Last edited:

"I'm basically a good person, so I'll go to heaven." "OK, so I do some bad things, but I do more good things, so I'll go to heaven." "God won't send me to hell just because I don't live by the Bible. Times have changed!" "Only really bad people like child molesters and murderers go to hell."

These are all common rationalizations, but the truth is that they are all lies. Satan, the ruler of the world, plants these thoughts in our heads. He, and anyone who follows his ways, is an enemy of God (1Peter 5:8). Satan is a deceiver and often disguises himself as someone good (2 Corinthians 11:14), but he has control over all the minds that do not belong to God. "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4).
How many Gods you got there bub???
If one, then Satan, "the god of this age" is the same creator God, and Jesus is the son of Satan/Lucifer, the "Bright and Morning Star."

Rev 22: 16 I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

KJV - Lucifer 1; 1
Lucifer = "light-bearer"
1) shining one, morning star, Lucifer

How many Gods you got there bub???
If one, then Satan, "the god of this age" is the same creator God, and Jesus is the son of Satan/Lucifer, the "Bright and Morning Star."

Rev 22: 16 I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

KJV - Lucifer 1; 1
Lucifer = "light-bearer"
1) shining one, morning star, Lucifer

Jesus was not alive when revelations was written.
Revelations appears to have been written about AD 86-91.

Last edited:

If He is not a merciful G*d, surely, we will all burn in hell fire (one faith believes that is relief for those that are denied the presence of the Lord, He is so full of love to be away from Him is absolute agony, hell will distract those that suffer thus) for our sins.

Forum List

Back