Question for the anti-healthcare crowd

Ron Paul is in his 11th term as a United States Congressman and, once again, a medical doctor. He certainly does have some experience with the law, and a personal experience dealing with it as it relates to the medical profession.
He also has, shall we say, credibility issues. Look, Kevin, the entire US Code is available online. Why don't you find the relevant passage, since you made the assertion about legality?

There are no credibility issues. I'm not going through the entire U.S. code. I don't have the time or the will. If you choose not to accept facts that have been backed up by a U.S. Congressman and two doctors then that's your choice.
I don't choose to lend any credibility to Ron Paul or to a pair of cherry-picked doctors, no. Prove that a large majority of doctors agree and I'll reconsider.

He also has, shall we say, credibility issues. Look, Kevin, the entire US Code is available online. Why don't you find the relevant passage, since you made the assertion about legality?

There are no credibility issues. I'm not going through the entire U.S. code. I don't have the time or the will. If you choose not to accept facts that have been backed up by a U.S. Congressman and two doctors then that's your choice.
I don't choose to lend any credibility to Ron Paul or to a pair of cherry-picked doctors, no. Prove that a large majority of doctors agree and I'll reconsider.

Of course you don't.

Of course you don't.

Easy, Kev. He'll put you on ignore.

DrObama.jpg

When you depend on profit-making corporations to provide you with care, they are under pressure to make more money every quarter. Which means they either have to raise their prices, cut the quality of their services for the same price, or both.

How is this better than a government-administered service?

Do what? How is it that a profit oriented company is required to raise their prices or cut the quality of their services...?

Sweet mother you people are truly PATHETIC!

Profit is MOTIVATION... it's how doctors, nurses, medical technicians, maintenance staff and the administrators EAT! I want my doctor to eat well, I want him eager to do his job well... I want him HIGHLY MOTIVATED... and the same goes for everyone in the HC biz... down through the JANITOR.

The thought of having the same level of motivation at the Hospital as one finds at the Clerks office is disturbing to say the LEAST!

But less so than the certainty that you can vote and you don't get that.

When you depend on profit-making corporations to provide you with care, they are under pressure to make more money every quarter. Which means they either have to raise their prices, cut the quality of their services for the same price, or both.

Do what? How is it that a profit oriented company is required to raise their prices or cut the quality of their services...?
When was the last time you saw any innovation from a profit oriented insurance company? Or hospital, for that matter?

Be specific.

Without innovation, there are only two other ways to increase profit, as stated above.

When was the last time you saw any innovation from a profit oriented insurance company? Or hospital, for that matter?

Be specific.

Without innovation, there are only two other ways to increase profit, as stated above.

competition promotes innovation. Government intervention, when not trying to stimulate competition, does not.

Be specific.

competition promotes innovation. Government intervention, when not trying to stimulate competition, does not.
I asked for examples, milkboy. Are you going to put your money where your mouth is, or just boo alongside the slackjawed right wingnuts?

Be specific.

I asked for examples, milkboy. Are you going to put your money where your mouth is, or just boo alongside the slackjawed right wingnuts?

It's called basic economics, you stupid fuck. Look into it.

It's called basic economics, you stupid fuck. Look into it.

You're the stupid fuck for not being able to distinguish between setting a broken bone and buying a candy bar. No point in educating you: welcome to ignore.

You're the stupid fuck for not being able to distinguish between setting a broken bone and buying a candy bar. No point in educating you: welcome to ignore.

chickenshit pussy.

:lol:....the guy is the biggest puss .....i thought you already was on his "guys who scare me the most" list El?

I knew whatever I said would put me into his ignore list, so I thought of throwing in one last DC. but, alas, a promise is a promise. :lol::lol:

Be specific.

Well lets see... there's the brand new state of the art hospital which was recently built about a mile up the road... Where they specialize in pediatrics and female care...

The list of cool things that facility offers is endless; from gourmet meals, luxury private suites; and for the other end of the social spectrum, flat panel High Def cable TV in every triage room... Family waiting rooms are not to be believed, with overstuffed recliner chairs, free Wi-fi... The pediatrics wing has every conceivable family convenience and state of the art facilities for unprecedented healthcare.

Will that do? Or do you want to go into the 1000s of variations of healthcare insurance contracts available which cater to every conceivable circumstance and need; from major med to ridiculous head to tow, carte blanche, solid gold umbrellas...

Anything else?

Last edited:

Be specific.

Well lets see... there's the brand new state of the art hospital which was recently built about a mile up the road... Where they specialize in pediatrics and female care...

The list of cool things that facility offers is endless; from gourmet meals, luxury private suites; and for the other end of the social spectrum, flat panel High Def cable TV in every triage room... Family waiting rooms are not to be believed, with overstuffed recliner chairs, free Wi-fi... The pediatrics wing has every conceivable family convenience and state of the art facilities for unprecedented healthcare.

Will that do? Or do you want to go into the 1000s of variations of healthcare insurance contracts available which cater to every conceivable circumstance and need; from major med to ridiculous head to tow, carte blanche, solid gold umbrellas...

Anything else?

Uh, yeah: a name and website for this marvelous utopia of for-profit care would be nice, for a start. :eusa_whistle:

Do you want people who know NOTHING about how business, maybe less than nothing, because people who know NOTHING would not say anything as CLUELESS as the above, posting their "thoughts" on health care?

Lots of times when corporations are "under pressure to make more money" they go out and MAKE A BETTER PRODUCT to beat the competition....for which they may raise prices or just sell more of it because satisfied people will line up to buy it because it's an IMPROVEMENT...quality is normally the last thing to sacrifice because of the competition...

You won't find that happening under government management....because the government does not have to "make more money"....the govt. can just TAX you more if costs go up (and you can count on that happening)....there is no competition to worry about....and so nothing much ever gets improved....

Of those 2 scenarios... which would you REALLY prefer.... when it comes to YOUR health?
Oh, you actually wanted an answer to that? Okay: both your premises are bullshit.

If the government really ran Medicare and Social Security so badly, people would be opting out of them in droves. (It happens to be completely legal to opt out of either or both.)

And when a corporation makes a better product, do you really think it will keep the prices down out of the goodness of the board of director's collective hearts? :lol:

How are my premises bullshit? When there is competition you will see innovation. Innovation is something that people are willing to pay for in a free system if it improves their lives and they can afford it. Government will refuse to pay the higher cost no matter what the patient wants. It happens all the time in Medicare as CMS places tons of rules and restrictions upon what can be done and the emphasis is on paying as little as possible...

People cannot easily opt out of Medicare....they face messes of medical laws and red tape...for example the Kyle bill says people with Medicare can pay for their own care...however any physician who contracted with that person could not bill any other Medicare patients for the next two years...actually the ones opting out of Medicare in droves are the physicians themselves.....

Socialized medicine is not patient friendly....nor is it physician friendly....and those are the 2 people who are the only ones in the equation who really count...a free market leaves the buyer and seller (the patient and physician) free to do what they want to do....government is only a 3rd party getting in their way...

Question: Do you really think that government bureaucrat is going to permit you the 95% effective medicine for your problem when he can give you the 72% medicine at half the cost?

Forum List

Back