Question for teabaggers

DC is not a state - more of a federal district - on land given by VA and MD to create a national capital as I recall.

Puerto Rico, USVI, Guam, American Samoa are all Territories and I think they do have voting rights and option to request statehood - as did Hawaii.

Is District of Columbia a state?

How about Puerto Rico, Guam, USVI, American Samoa?

Or does your heart only bleed for the biggest money pit city in America?

Don't know about the others, but in Guam all the taxes they pay stay in Guam.

So then I take it YOU ARE IN FAVOR OF TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION ? A couple hundred years ago they would have strung you up for that.

Do you support the plight of the oppressed citizens of Washington, D.C. - who are being taxed without representation in Congress?

If they are stupid enough to live in Washington, DC, they are too stupid to vote.

I'm sure the British Parliament thought along similarly idiotic lines when justifying the taxation of the colonies without representation.

Do you support the plight of the oppressed citizens of Washington, D.C. - who are being taxed without representation in Congress?

There are no teabaggers.

Now if you're asking Tea Party members the question.....who cares really. They can always move.

Circa 1776 -
British MP #1 - The colonials in America claim that it is fundamentally wrong to levy taxes on them without representation in this parliament.
British MP #2 - Fuck them, they can always move!

DC is not a state - more of a federal district - on land given by VA and MD to create a national capital as I recall.

I'm aware of that. I was just wondering why the teabaggers support taxation without representation. Seems kind of counterintuitive, given the original tea party was in protest of taxation without representation.

D.C. has no representation in the legislative body that levies taxes on them. The Founding Fathers had a word for that - TYRANNY

Article I, Section 8, Clause 17 of the U.S. Constitution. Essentially, DC is represented by ALL of our Congress. They are hardly unrepresented. They've got more representation than any of the rest of us have. :rolleyes:

Oh... and on your use of "teabagger" as a pejorative... stuff it up your ass, dipstick. Nobody's intimidated or impressed.

So then I take it YOU ARE IN FAVOR OF TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION ? A couple hundred years ago they would have strung you up for that.

Since we still have it now, perhaps we should string up those who tax us without representing us.

Since we still have it now, perhaps we should string up those who tax us without representing us.

I don't think you understand how representation in a democratic republic works. When your preferred candidate loses because someone else gets more votes, that's not you losing your representation - its just democracy.

Essentially, DC is represented by ALL of our Congress.

They don't get to pick their representation. That's tyranny.

No. It's the U.S. Constitution, which is government's contract with the People. No citizen is forced to live in DC. It takes a Constitutional Amendment to change the way things are done there, so if you want to pick a representative, either move or amend the Constitution.

Oh... and on your use of "teabagger" as a pejorative... stuff it up your ass, dipstick. Nobody's intimidated or impressed.

What's so pejorative about the word "teabag" ?

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who follows politics closely would not have understood the epitaph by now. Look it up on your internet browser, and if your next post isn't an embarrassed apology... we'll know you meant to offend.

The nation's capitol should have remained just that. Residential housing should have never been allowed. You know, if people WANT to be represented, they don't HAVE to live in a place where they have no representation.

Forum List

Back