Question for posters who are attorneys

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
So, Jillian, George, and Liability seem to be attorneys. And, anyone else who is or who knows, please provide input.

I plan on going to the law school library later today, or maybe tomorrow, based on the tips I'm given, so that I can use their Westlaw database and search.

I need to look for some record of the Virginia General Assembly (our bicameral 'congress' in the Commonwealth) when they were debating a law to add to the Code of Virginia. I am hoping to glean from that record of the General Assembly's debate leading up to the passage of that law their intent when they passed it.

I know the title and section of the Code and about the time it was passed. But, if I could find some record of our legislature's debate about the passage of that law, that would be EXTREMELY helpful.

Any tips for searches in Westlaw - keywords or how to do the search? I used it before back in February for another "project" requiring search of caselaw, but now need to find intent for passage of a Commonwealth law.

Thanks!

call your local university....it may take a few ...on holds and all but they will get you to the right person...

if we find a dead bird or such...we call asu and ask the bird professors if they want it. the professors in all departments are a great source of things....and they dont mind the odd questions...

when the lawn furniture was under seige ...we emailed a photo of one feather to a professor at the raptor center in charlotte....he identified the bird and told us what to do....free advice from experts...who can beat that

Forum List

Back