Question For New Yorkers;Is It Too Cold At Night For OWS? Have Many Of Them Vanished?

Oct 10, 2011
Naples
:thewave:

:poke::eusa_dance::happy-1:

First of all, It's getting a bit cold at night here in Florida. And if we are in the 60's and 50's during sleeping hours, How cold is it up there in the Tri-State area? :booze:

And being realistic: These kids can only survive in a cold & rainy environment for so long,then they will get a nasty cold/bug/bronchitis etc. Then they will have to go home to mommy who may have to spend "Her Money" for Cold Medicine, and possibly a doctors appt.

Anyhow, so How's the weather up there and any indication that the Protesters are gradually leaving Fettuccine Park? {hey, give it another two weeks when winter cold kicks in}
:bowdown::cheeky-smiley-018::eusa_dance::nono::meow::cranky::popcorn::omg::banana:

First of all, It's getting a bit cold at night here in Florida. And if we are in the 60's and 50's during sleeping hours, How cold is it up there in the Tri-State area? :booze:

And being realistic: These kids can only survive in a cold & rainy environment for so long,then they will get a nasty cold/bug/bronchitis etc. Then they will have to go home to mommy who may have to spend "Her Money" for Cold Medicine, and possibly a doctors appt.

Anyhow, so How's the weather up there and any indication that the Protesters are gradually leaving Fettuccine Park? {hey, give it another two weeks when winter cold kicks in}
:bowdown::cheeky-smiley-018::eusa_dance::nono::meow::cranky::popcorn::omg::banana:

Mark my words. When it starts to get cold, someone will bring in torpedo heaters (made by the evil 1% corporations Dayton & All-Pro) to keep the protesters (and their fleas) warm and toasty in Panchetta Park at night.

Oil Fired Torpedo Heater, 38 K BtuH, 120 V - Portable Commercial Oil Heaters - Heating Equipment - 1VNX5 : Grainger Industrial Supply

All-Pro Portable Heaters: Forced Air, Convection, Salamander, Torpedo, & Tank Top Heaters

• Banned
it's 58/57 degrees now,,,,,for me,,60 is freezing !! I am already blowing my nose. And if it's 58 here at 1:30am,,,,,I am assuming it's 37 in New York? I wonder if the protesters are burning logs in their TeePees.

Mark my words. When it starts to get cold, someone will bring in torpedo heaters (made by the evil 1% corporations Dayton & All-Pro) to keep the protesters (and their fleas) warm and toasty in Panchetta Park at night.

Oil Fired Torpedo Heater, 38 K BtuH, 120 V - Portable Commercial Oil Heaters - Heating Equipment - 1VNX5 : Grainger Industrial Supply

All-Pro Portable Heaters: Forced Air, Convection, Salamander, Torpedo, & Tank Top Heaters
Yes, and they will be provided by the PEOPLE!

Gheddit?!?!?

You see, it is the PEOPLE that is behind them.

Which side are you on palooka?

it's 58/57 degrees now,,,,,for me,,60 is freezing !! I am already blowing my nose. And if it's 58 here at 1:30am,,,,,I am assuming it's 37 in New York? I wonder if the protesters are burning logs in their TeePees.

They are probably using this product to keep warm. (Made by another evil 1% corp)

duraflame.jpg

They don't mind the evil corporations that produce things they want or need, do they? Like the $5,500 computer that idiot had stolen from her.

Yes, and they will be provided by the PEOPLE!

Gheddit?!?!?

You see, it is the PEOPLE that is behind them.

Which side are you on palooka?

The side that doesn't mind when people get their toes stepped on by accident.

• Banned
And they say the Movement Is Spreading Like WILDFIRE !!!! Really ?? Where ?? Illinois? Ohio ?? Michigian ?? Minnesota and Wisconsin? I look forward to seeing a mob of 1000 locals sleeping in a park in the upcoming 30 degree nights.

And they say the Movement Is Spreading Like WILDFIRE !!!! Really ?? Where ?? Illinois? Ohio ?? Michigian ?? Minnesota and Wisconsin? I look forward to seeing a mob of 1000 locals sleeping in a park in the upcoming 30 degree nights.

There's a monumental, whopping 30 of them camped out in Keiner Plaza in St Louis. They tried to show their strength at game 1 of the series, but nobody noticed them. :lol:

It's down to 43 degrees right now, so they're probably freezing their balls off. But I bet their fleas had enough sense to find someplace warm.

It's interesting to me that almost all of the criticism of OWS coming from the right fall into two categories. They either:

1) Lie; or

2) Speculate about what hasn't happened yet and may not, as if it were a certainty, often in the silliest ways.

This thread of course falls into the second category. Nobody ever seems to make a factual statement as criticism about OWS that is actually true.

The protests have continued through police beatings, pepper spray, mass arrests, and a threatened forcible clearing of the park by the mayor. Given that fact, it's kind of nonsensical to claim that they're going to evaporate just because the weather turns a little bit chilly. Me, I'd rather bundle up and endure a little cold weather than have highly caustic, agonizing chemicals squirted into my eyes while someone beats on me with a stick and forces me to the ground in a choke hold. Am I being unrealistic here? Is this just me, just because I've never been to New York except in summertime? Is there something particularly horrible about a New York winter that makes it worse and harder to endure than being beaten up by big guys with clubs and having your face burned off?

What am I missing in this picture?

and what happens when New York get's its first major snowfall? Now that should be interesting. well at least they can all make all kinds of frozen goodies! Frozen Pina Colada anyone?

It's interesting to me that almost all of the criticism of OWS coming from the right fall into two categories. They either:

1) Lie; or

2) Speculate about what hasn't happened yet and may not, as if it were a certainty, often in the silliest ways.

This thread of course falls into the second category. Nobody ever seems to make a factual statement as criticism about OWS that is actually true.

The protests have continued through police beatings, pepper spray, mass arrests, and a threatened forcible clearing of the park by the mayor. Given that fact, it's kind of nonsensical to claim that they're going to evaporate just because the weather turns a little bit chilly. Me, I'd rather bundle up and endure a little cold weather than have highly caustic, agonizing chemicals squirted into my eyes while someone beats on me with a stick and forces me to the ground in a choke hold. Am I being unrealistic here? Is this just me, just because I've never been to New York except in summertime? Is there something particularly horrible about a New York winter that makes it worse and harder to endure than being beaten up by big guys with clubs and having your face burned off?

Do these protesters really look like the type of people who are ready to endure -20 degree wind chills, and 2 feet of snow?

ows.jpg

To me, they look like the first ones that will pack up and head home to warm houses and hot meals.

I live in chicago and Im joining them as soon as my pneumonia clears up. See for most of the year 30 degree nights are what we pray for, since during the coldest months it routinely gets in the single digits, thats not even considering wind chill. What kind of activist would be stopped by a little cold?

1) Lie; or

Do these protesters really look like the type of people who are ready to endure -20 degree wind chills, and 2 feet of snow?

ows.jpg

To me, they look like the first ones that will pack up and head home to warm houses and hot meals.

New York doesn't get anywhere near that cold this time of year.

1) Lie; or

ows.jpg

It will in a month or so.

ows.jpg

It will in a month or so.

2 or 3 months, maybe. I find it unlikely that the protest will still be there then, anyway.

They'd have to be dressed more warmly, and no doubt will be. Otherwise, yes. Note that many of them are engaged in prayer and meditation, indicating a spiritual focus. People like that will, and often do, endure incredible hardships in service to what they believe is right. And as I pointed out, many of them already have.

The protest will still be there through the winter, unless it is cleared out by the Gesta -- er, I mean the police. And if that happens, the furor that will erupt nationwide is something you really don't want to think about.

This movement is on for the long haul. If you think it's going to blow away in a winter wind, you're dreaming.

I am looking forward to the OWS Al Gore Global Warming Outdoor Summit (in New York) on December 15th. Where he will explain why we need to tax all republicans for causing such extreme heat.

I am looking forward to the OWS Al Gore Global Warming Outdoor Summit (in New York) on December 15th. Where he will explain why we need to tax all republicans for causing such extreme heat.

Ah, I just figured something out, ToW. You're a comedian. You say incredibly shallow, stupid, moronic things like that not because you actually believe them, but to get a laugh.

I'm sorry it took me so long to understand that. I hope you won't be insulted.

Oh, um -- I suggest you not give up your day job, though. Seriously. No offense intended.

They'd have to be dressed more warmly, and no doubt will be. Otherwise, yes. Note that many of them are engaged in prayer and meditation, indicating a spiritual focus. People like that will, and often do, endure incredible hardships in service to what they believe is right. And as I pointed out, many of them already have.

The protest will still be there through the winter, unless it is cleared out by the Gesta -- er, I mean the police. And if that happens, the furor that will erupt nationwide is something you really don't want to think about.

This movement is on for the long haul. If you think it's going to blow away in a winter wind, you're dreaming.

I think it will fizzle out in the northern tier states, except for a few hardcore supporters, when the snow starts flying. There will be no place for them to go to get warm when the businesses around the parks close for the night. And there's no way to keep their tents warm at night that doesn't pose hazards from burning things for heat.

They may keep it alive in the southern tier states, but then I haven't seen much activity for OWS there, outside of Atlanta.

Forum List

Back