Question for military/Vets

I was on many missions where we were in support of Special Forces and a few in support of US Army Detachment Delta. There is no way I would ever reveal those guys names (if I knew them) nor would I even give a description of them or what I thought their missions at the time might have been. Never worked with SEALS that I know of but it would be the same difference. If anyone wants to know about them they can wait 75 years when the info may be declassified.

I was on many missions where we were in support of Special Forces and a few in support of US Army Detachment Delta. There is no way I would ever reveal those guys names (if I knew them) nor would I even give a description of them or what I thought their missions at the time might have been. Never worked with SEALS that I know of but it would be the same difference. If anyone wants to know about them they can wait 75 years when the info may be declassified.

Und der Katze sagt:

If I remember the doctrine correctly, all identification, including the labels in their clothes, would have been removed before they got on the choppers. AND...considering that blood feuds last through the generations in that part of the world, it would be a good idea to NEVER release their names. In fact, it would be a good idea to make up a fake 201 file, or whatever the navy calls it, just to be on the safe side. I have my father's DD214 (G-d rest his soul) and it says he spent WWII as an instructor at Ben Harrison, teaching tank transmission repair. He didn't know which end of a tank you put the whiskey in. I know for a fact that he was at Camp Blanding, Florida, the Canal Zone, and the Aleutian Islands.

[...]

Bush talked too much before the Iraq invasion though his blabber mouth did NOT help Saddam. That does not justify Obama's mistake in any way. Even if bin Laden were to be tried in NYC, or DC, there would still be doubters.
Peach,

Of course there always will be some who will doubt just about anything. I'm sure there are some who still believe Earth is flat. But their existence should not discourage the production of globes and Mercator Projection maps.

If bin Laden had been captured and accessed by an impartial Press I am sure what he might say would have an enormous effect on what Americans have been led by their government to believe about Middle East affairs.

Thank you SFC.

Yep. And I had to sign a statement before I left the service stating I wouldn't discuss nor write for profit what I have seen and heard...

And I remain true to that agreement.:eusa_whistle:

Yep. And I had to sign a statement before I left the service stating I wouldn't discuss nor write for profit what I have seen and heard...

same for me

I understand, I was on a restricted travel order for 10 years after I retired. I was not even permitted to fly through certain airspace let alone visit certain countries.....

I understand, I was on a restricted travel order for 10 years after I retired. I was not even permitted to fly through certain airspace let alone visit certain countries.....
Indeed sir. Something to be said of Honor.

same for me
Same for you as Ollie...Alot to be said of Honor.
icon14.gif

Forum List

Back