Question for Married People.....

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... does your spouse know you find other people attractive to other people?
Can you mention it to them that you think someone else is attractive, or will they get upset?

Can you mention it to them that you think someone else is attractive, or will they get upset?

That's never been an issue in my marriage. Finding someone attractive is not the same thing as acting on it.

That's never been an issue in my marriage. Finding someone attractive is not the same thing as acting on it.

I've heard stories of women crying because their husbands thought someone else was good looking.
My husband says stuff all the time, I don't care. People tell me that's weird...

We're married not dead

Finding a woman attractive, and your wife expecting you to "only have eyes for her" - or is it kind of an "unspoken" thing were you both know it, but, just don't talk about it?

I even point out pretty women to my husband. He doesn't like it <go figure!>

We're married not dead

Finding a woman attractive, and your wife expecting you to "only have eyes for her" - or is it kind of an "unspoken" thing were you both know it, but, just don't talk about it?

When I am with my wife in public I really to try to keep my eyes on her.

And she has only caught me once or twice checking out another girl as I have caught her eying a good looking guy

We have conversations about our celebrity crushes on occasion as well

In the long run though we are both very secure in our marriage.

It's funny we've been together 21 years, married 14 and if we get asked if we're newlyweds all the time.

We're married not dead

And she has only caught me once or twice checking out another girl as I have caught her eying a good looking guy

It's funny we've been together 21 years, married 14 and if we get asked if we're newlyweds all the time.

that's awesome. seems very healthy and respectful :)

We're married not dead

We've been married 21 years.
Other than that, I echo your entire reply

It's one thing to say someone is attractive....quite another to get fresh with them.

But does your wife mind if you notice or point out an attractive women...?
She doesn't seem to anymore. We've been together for 37 years....she knows where she stands. Besides.....I make a point not to mention such things. If anything....she does it for me. "Don't you think she's pretty?" She asks.

"I guess!" I respond.

When I was younger, men would get together and talk about sex and other women - yet, now a days, all men have perfect, happy marriages (which is funny given the divorce rate) - or men don't like to admit they are dissatisfied.. puzzling....

It's one thing to say someone is attractive....quite another to get fresh with them.

She doesn't seem to anymore. We've been together for 37 years....she knows where she stands. Besides.....I make a point not to mention such things. If anything....she does it for me. "Don't you think she's pretty?" She asks.

"I guess!" I respond.

So if she is pretty, you won't agree?
Out of respect? Or to avoid conflict?

When I was younger, men would get together and talk about sex and other women - yet, now a days, all men have perfect, happy marriages (which is funny given the divorce rate) - or men don't like to admit they are dissatisfied.. puzzling....
We still do.
We're just more careful
:eusa_shhh:

"I guess!" I respond.

B
:D

"I guess!" I respond.

We still do.
We're just more careful

So..... guys, honestly...

Does it bother you if your wife "notices" other attractive males?

I don't "get" why it would bother anyone..... attraction does not equal love.. seems silly....

"I guess!" I respond.

We still do.
We're just more careful

I don't "get" why it would bother anyone..... attraction does not equal love.. seems silly....
It doesn't bother me when she looks or comments.
She does make snide remarks occasionally if I say something.

"I guess!" I respond.

We still do.
We're just more careful

I guess I must be weird. To me, it's like I know men are lustful and it's not a reflection on me.
Some women I think have seen one too many romantic movies (or read too many romance novels...)

Last edited:

"I guess!"

"I guess!" I respond.

The only conflict we have is paying bills. She gives me space and I give her space. When you reach our age our priorities have changed. Sex is low on the priority list.

"I guess!" I respond.

We still do.
We're just more careful

I guess I must be weird. To me, it's like I know men are lustful and it's not a reflection on me.
Some women I think have seen one too many romantic movies (or read too many romance novels...)
Lust to me is pinching her butt every once in awhile.

Forum List

Back