Question for independents, libertarians about dems taxing the rich talk

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I think I've got a pretty good comparison for this, let me know what you think.

For democrats, saying they want the rich taxed more is like what republicans do when they talk about how they'll outlaw abortions.

As we see when democrats had power, they just continued the status quo tax system, just like when republicans continue the status quo abortion laws.

It's all just a talking point, with zero substance yet their followers don't notice it. Seems quite miraculous to me.

Don't hear me wrong, I don't want taxes raised on the rich. I want them decreased on everyone, just pointing out the lie that democrat politicians want taxes raised on the rich.

I think I've got a pretty good comparison for this, let me know what you think.

For democrats, saying they want the rich taxed more is like what republicans do when they talk about how they'll outlaw abortions.

As we see when democrats had power, they just continued the status quo tax system, just like when republicans continue the status quo abortion laws.

It's all just a talking point, with zero substance yet their followers don't notice it. Seems quite miraculous to me.

Don't hear me wrong, I don't want taxes raised on the rich. I want them decreased on everyone, just pointing out the lie that democrat politicians want taxes raised on the rich.

Great call. Lip service for all. :eusa_shhh:

Whoops, double posted.

If a mod could delete this one i'd appreciate it.

I'm not too sure you're right on this, but you very well may be. My take on it is that although one Party takes the lead on one of your policy points and the other party favors the other policy position its not the case that when in power a Party is free to revise law as they see fit to match the party idiology, if any such thing actually exists. I think it may be because the power of the Parties is so evenly split that although one Party might wish to take action, let us say the Republicans wish to outlaw all abortion at any state and do so completely, that the other Party, with roughly equal strength in numbers, is perfectly able to block the legislation. Same thing when Democrats wish to enact economic policy, the Republicans stop them dead in their tracks.

In the end it is we, the people, who suffer from the stalemate that is caused by a locked up Congress.

Forum List

Back