question for gunowners

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
What is the most powerful gun I can get? or better, what is the one you think is the most likely gun to be banned if Obama wins? i want to know so I can purchase one before January.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
What is the most powerful gun I can get? or better, what is the one you think is the most likely gun to be banned if Obama wins? i want to know so I can purchase one before January.

Don't forget to consider the cost and availabilty of ammo when making this decision.

A .50 cal sniper rifle. So are you going to take out Obama?

Don't forget to consider the cost and availabilty of ammo when making this decision.

The cost! That's funny given the likely outcome for someone attempting to kill the president. By all means, assassination's must be done on a budget...

• Banned
The cost! That's funny given the likely outcome for someone attempting to kill the president. By all means, assassination's must be done on a budget...

yeah, that's it. call me a murderer because i dont agree with you.

Mighty big assumption there, Pete.

Is it? I'm a gun owner and have them for hunting, target practice, and protection. The "most powerful gun" has but one purpose and why I would never consider having one...

I own a 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun and a 30.06 rifle. Why would I want anything more powerful than that? I actually like something left of the game after I shoot it....

I have my late father-in-laws Marine issue .38 from the Korean War, too....that's just for fun.

I own a 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun and a 30.06 rifle. Why would I want anything more powerful than that? I actually like something left of the game after I shoot it....

I have my late father-in-laws Marine issue .38 from the Korean War, too....that's just for fun.

i dont own any guns. I just want to get whatever obama will make illegal before he is able to make it illegal.

i dont own any guns. I just want to get whatever obama will make illegal before he is able to make it illegal.

The most likely bans will start with the so called assault weapons. Those semi auto rifles that are not full auto but have military type parts.

AK-47, AR-15 and the like. Do not buy an AK-47, most of the ones available in the US are cheap Chinese knock offs that are absolutely worthless, you can not hit anything with them.

The AR-15 and other brands of semi auto so called assault rifles are expensive as shit but there are some nice ones out there. The AR is to small a round to hunt with so look into 7.62 rounds and the weapons that fire them.

Another good one is an M1A1, some are 30.06 and most are .308.

The 50 cal is a nice talking about piece but a waste of money unless you plan to hunt elephants or take out cars. To heavy to lug around, to big to carry comfortably and the ammo is expensive so you won't be doing much target shooting either. You probably won't find a range to shoot it on as well. It can fire well over a mile.

Just some suggestion, go to your nearest gunstore that specializes in weapons and talk shop. Ask them what they think. Lots of that crowd will have a good network of information on future plans. It is their business.

we should all buy more guns and ammo.....and that's all i have to say about that

Everyone serious about defense and potential future problems should own at a minimum, in my opinion, the following....

A long rifle. Something that can shoot over 400 meters accurately. Preferable semi auto magazine feed, Though the 8 round clip of an M1 Garand is ok too. Bolt action if you can not get semi auto hopefully that holds at least 5 rounds.

A carbine. A shorter range rifle that generally fires a smaller caliber, designed for about 200 meters max range, shorter barrel easy to use in tighter spaces. This should be semi auto for sure. Magazine feed, try to get at least 15 round magazines for it. A few 10's are ok but you want a couple higher capacity mags if possible.

A shotgun. Pump or semi automatic. A hunting shotgun is ok but they tend to be limited in magazine capacity, though most have a removable plug. Check local laws on allowed magazine capacity as some States won't let you move about with a shotgun that holds more than 3 rounds. 12 gauge is my recommendation.

A hand gun. Semi auto is preferred but any well made weapon will work. 9mm is a good round.

If you are worried about a coming lawless period stock up a bit of ammo.

I would have around 1000 rounds for the carbine, 500 to 1000 rounds for the long Gun, 500 to a thousand rounds for the hand gun and at least several hundred rounds of double ought buck and slugs for the Shotgun.

Reloading equipment is a good idea as well.

I personally have 16 rounds of armor piercing rounds for my M1 Garand.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned but I'll just take a good-ole combat shotgun. Always a show-stopper.

Mooseberg makes several sweet ones.

Bury the sucker in the backyard so they can't confiscate it from you when the shit hits the fan........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4]YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina[/ame]

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned but I'll just take a good-ole combat shotgun. Always a show-stopper.

Mooseberg makes several sweet ones.

I collect shotguns.......I will continue for years

We do not elect a KING in America.

Neither candidate have the power or authority to effect my guns. We have 3 branches of government and the President doesn't even have the ability to bring a bill to the floor of Congress.

I collect shotguns.......I will continue for years

We do not elect a KING in America.

Neither candidate have the power or authority to effect my guns. We have 3 branches of government and the President doesn't even have the ability to bring a bill to the floor of Congress.

Ahem, you've just had an Emperor-President for 8 years. Didn't you notice?

Don't panic, no-one is going to take your weapons. There won't be any fightin' in the streets - well no more than usual, depending on where you are of course.

Okay, start the slagging, I'll check back later.

Forum List

Back