Question for Government Run Healthcare Supporters...

How many of you take your extra money in your check each week and give that to people who don't have health insurance?

If you knew there was a car out there that worked better than your car and cost $6K less, would you buy it?

They are ripping us off and you know it.

Once again, like Obama you fail to answer the question.... go figure.

You too:

If you knew there was a car out there that worked better than your car and cost $6K less, would you buy it?

They are ripping us off and you know it.

I am going to request a on tv town hall style meeting between the insurance defenders and the single payer/public option people and see who wins with facts and who gets exposed.

It is clear Obama answered all of your questions last night. What else you got? Do you have any problems with what Obama said? Deny any of his facts? Oh yea, the number of people uninsured. Lets waste time debating what that number is. :eusa_whistle:

Then I could make my own choice, instead of being forced to do something against my will.

I am amazed that people have allowed this to get so far.

The right to make Personal choices are challenged daily with this obamunism.

Choices are being stolen from all of us. Therefore the character to do the right thing is being challenged by this regime

And if healcare plans of all stripes were allowed to use free market ideas, such as Progressive Insurance does, letting the user select what is necessary for the individual. You could choose something available in every other field, such as telephone or e-mail consultation programs, which are not paid for currently, and costs commensurate with your particular health situation.
The government could allow tax deductions, as they do now, based on what percentage is spent out-of-pocket depending on the health problem.
And never, ever put forth a plan that prevents private individuals from spending their own money as they see fit.

Government simply needs to be stopped. We need to hold each one of the governmental agencies accountable, we need to stop the bloated beurocracies that this regime is creating. As if we did not already have enough.

Beurocracy costs money.

Why does the government have to "allow" anything. Why can't they just stay out of it, and mind the business "allowing" freedom???

The for profit insurance companies are costing you more and giving us all less. What don't you get about that?

Show me the thousands of Canadians that think our system is better than theirs. You can't, because thats a lie. And for every horror story you have about another countries system, I have more on ours.

And if healcare plans of all stripes were allowed to use free market ideas, such as Progressive Insurance does, letting the user select what is necessary for the individual. You could choose something available in every other field, such as telephone or e-mail consultation programs, which are not paid for currently, and costs commensurate with your particular health situation.
The government could allow tax deductions, as they do now, based on what percentage is spent out-of-pocket depending on the health problem.
And never, ever put forth a plan that prevents private individuals from spending their own money as they see fit.

Government simply needs to be stopped. We need to hold each one of the governmental agencies accountable, we need to stop the bloated beurocracies that this regime is creating. As if we did not already have enough.

Beurocracy costs money.

Why does the government have to "allow" anything. Why can't they just stay out of it, and mind the business "allowing" freedom???

The for profit insurance companies are costing you more and giving us all less. What don't you get about that?

Show me the thousands of Canadians that think our system is better than theirs. You can't, because thats a lie. And for every horror story you have about another countries system, I have more on ours.

Why would any business be in business unless they could make a profit? Are Insurance Companies suppose to be non profit groups for the government?

Yeah once there was a time when Insurance was something you could "choose" to have or not on your home, business and car. Now it is mandated.

If lazy assholes that fell in a store and "hurt their back" and sued, had not fallen so many times and told their neigbors and friends this is a great way to make a living without going to work, causing an outcry to government to change the way business does business, and regulating the hell out of business and telling them they have to have this much insurance to run their business. We would be much better off. But I am sure this will go right over your liberal head

Beurocracy costs money.

Why would any business be in business unless they could make a profit? Are Insurance Companies suppose to be non profit groups for the government?

Yeah once there was a time when Insurance was something you could "choose" to have or not on your home, business and car. Now it is mandated.

If lazy assholes that fell in a store and "hurt their back" and sued, had not fallen so many times and told their neigbors and friends this is a great way to make a living without going to work, causing an outcry to government to change the way business does business, and regulating the hell out of business and telling them they have to have this much insurance to run their business. We would be much better off. But I am sure this will go right over your liberal head

I'm going to stop reading after your first paragraph. Please don't ever come at me with bullshit like that. "why would a business be in business other than to make a profit"? Did you really just fucking ask me that?

That's all they are in business to do. That's why government makes the rules.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Why don't you read this and then see if you still have questions for me. You know how they say there are no dumb questions? You just proved that wrong.

If it were profitable for a company to nuke Rhode Island, should we allow it?

If it is profitable to lower labor wages so that the middle class falls into poverty, should we allow it? Come on stupid! Let the free fucking markets decide that, not your own elected government.

Do you know why your elected officials take money from corporations and do their bidding over yours? You allow it. I'm assuming you have Red Senators where you come from. Yea sure some dems do that too, but we bitch about those "blue dogs". You just keep re electing and defending the bad apples in your party.

I'm going to stop reading after your first paragraph. Please don't ever come at me with bullshit like that. "why would a business be in business other than to make a profit"? Did you really just fucking ask me that?

Why don't you read this and then see if you still have questions for me. You know how they say there are no dumb questions? You just proved that wrong.

If it is profitable to lower labor wages so that the middle class falls into poverty, should we allow it? Come on stupid! Let the free fucking markets decide that, not your own elected government.

Do you know why your elected officials take money from corporations and do their bidding over yours? You allow it. I'm assuming you have Red Senators where you come from. Yea sure some dems do that too, but we bitch about those "blue dogs". You just keep re electing and defending the bad apples in your party.

hay-and-straw-men.jpg

Beurocracy costs money.

Then take insurance off the companies plate. A good public option would do that. And it would get rid of the need for companies to have workman's comp or disability insurance.

Tax payers are already paying for the public option. 2/3'ds of it to be exact. We just need to come up with the other 1/3rd. And we are going to get it from the rich. The party is over for them. They got enough tax breaks the last 8 years. And they'll spend YEARS enjoying the tax breaks the GOP gave them thru corporations. No one is going to fuck with corporations. But the rich owners who take home more than a million a year? Get ready to pay.

And you my dear can clean their houses and pay higher taxes than they do, or they can pay the same as you and everyone will be covered.

PS. I have a car that costs $6K less than your car and is a better car too. Do you want to see it? No? You'll just stay with the crappy car you have because the devil you know might be better than the devil you don't know?

STUPID!

The Health Care Debate at this point on this board is no longer a debate. It's a bunch of disinformation, personal attacks, and outright dishonesty.

I'd love to have an actual debate on the merits of this issue but I have been unable in having people respond to my thread about Health Care because I use facts. What those who are against Health Care reform seem to be forgetting is that the current system is broken. Health Care costs are one of the top reasons that people today declare bankruptcy. (Though we can all thank Bush/Republicans/Several Democrats alike for making it harder for the average American to declare Bankruptcy thanks to the bill basically written by the credit card industry).

The Drug Lobby has spent over $1 BILLION in the last ten years. Now why those of you obsessed with Obama to the point that it's become unhealthy seem to want anything he brings up to fail. One must remember how the current system is, and that it needs change. Now, does this need to involve the Government? No.

However, I do not see any viable Republican plan at the moment, other than just plain tax breaks or tax cuts. Now, while those are nice, they do not solve the Health Care's iron grip over the average American and the fact the Health Care company can screw over the Average Joe on any given day.

Edit: I would answer your question you posed in the OP KMAN but it's not even a honest question.

Last edited:
The Health Care Debate at this point on this board is no longer a debate. It's a bunch of disinformation, personal attacks, and outright dishonesty.

I'd love to have an actual debate on the merits of this issue but I have been unable in having people respond to my thread about Health Care because I use facts. What those who are against Health Care reform seem to be forgetting is that the current system is broken. Health Care costs are one of the top reasons that people today declare bankruptcy. (Though we can all thank Bush/Republicans/Several Democrats alike for making it harder for the average American to declare Bankruptcy thanks to the bill basically written by the credit card industry).

The Drug Lobby has spent over $1 BILLION in the last ten years. Now why those of you obsessed with Obama to the point that it's become unhealthy seem to want anything he brings up to fail. One must remember how the current system is, and that it needs change. Now, does this need to involve the Government? No.

However, I do not see any viable Republican plan at the moment, other than just plain tax breaks or tax cuts. Now, while those are nice, they do not solve the Health Care's iron grip over the average American and the fact the Health Care company can screw over the Average Joe on any given day.

When the GOP can no longer deny and stall, then they tell us that they have the better ideas. And no one ever points out that just one day before they were in denial. Perfect example was McCain during the election. He said the economy was strong and that the solution was less regulations. He stuck to that for as long as he could. Then one day he is for MORE regulations and he realizes the economy is in trouble?

And they hold off on all of their objections. They only give them up one at a time. So we spend a week squashing one of their lies and then they come up with another, and another. Do you know one that's coming? They won't sign any bill that covers abortions.

If it isn't a strong public option, then it won't solve our problems. The vast majority of us want a strong public single payer option so give it to us. And no compromises. They have 60 seats. Any Dems who don't go along will be dealt with. Lieberman you son of a bitch!

A blog from a partisan hack is the best you can do? How about something from a non-partisan POV.

When the GOP can no longer deny and stall, then they tell us that they have the better ideas. And no one ever points out that just one day before they were in denial. Perfect example was McCain during the election. He said the economy was strong and that the solution was less regulations. He stuck to that for as long as he could. Then one day he is for MORE regulations and he realizes the economy is in trouble?

And they hold off on all of their objections. They only give them up one at a time. So we spend a week squashing one of their lies and then they come up with another, and another. Do you know one that's coming? They won't sign any bill that covers abortions.

If it isn't a strong public option, then it won't solve our problems. The vast majority of us want a strong public single payer option so give it to us. And no compromises. They have 60 seats. Any Dems who don't go along will be dealt with. Lieberman you son of a bitch!

I would be willing to listen to the GOP's counter ideas. However, tax breaks and tax cuts are like putting a cream on a wound when it needs surgery.

Yes, eventually any bill that covers Abortion part of the debate has already creeped up here. However, I wish both sides would find the ground to agree that whether they are Pro-Choice or not that at the present moment, Abortion being legalized is the most healthy, and safe solution. Hopefully, in the future, we can find a better solution but if Abortion were banned tomorrow, it would get real ugly, real fast.

The vast majority want change. They want the Health Care companies to stop fucking us over. On paper, Democrats have 60 seats but you have several Blue Dog Democrats. I don't blame Lieberman for supporting John McCain over Barack Obama. Does it make him a hypocrite considering his words in the past? Yes, but I can't blame the guy. The Democratic Party is far from perfect, and it will forever be a roadblock as long as Harry The Cowardly Lion Reid and Nancy Pelosi are running the show.

Then take insurance off the companies plate. A good public option would do that. And it would get rid of the need for companies to have workman's comp or disability insurance.

Tax payers are already paying for the public option. 2/3'ds of it to be exact. We just need to come up with the other 1/3rd. And we are going to get it from the rich. The party is over for them. They got enough tax breaks the last 8 years. And they'll spend YEARS enjoying the tax breaks the GOP gave them thru corporations. No one is going to fuck with corporations. But the rich owners who take home more than a million a year? Get ready to pay.

And you my dear can clean their houses and pay higher taxes than they do, or they can pay the same as you and everyone will be covered.

PS. I have a car that costs $6K less than your car and is a better car too. Do you want to see it? No? You'll just stay with the crappy car you have because the devil you know might be better than the devil you don't know?

STUPID!

So, Sealybobo math goes like this......take a 54 Trillion dollar unfunded mandate (as noted by the former Comptroller of the United States David Walker).....

The federal government has $54 trillion of unfunded mandates it promises to pay, but the money is not there. This shortfall is growing $2 trillion to $3 trillion a year. Primarily, it is in the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security entitlement programs.

It is being accelerated by the 78 million baby boomers who will become eligible for Medicare and Social Security over the next 20 years. Walker concludes that rising health-care costs are the greatest factor contributing to the coming fiscal crisis.

Des Moines Register article

Then add another $1 - $2 Trillion dollars per year to the unfunded mandate and tell us that we are all better off. Well bobo, I just have to say.....

STOP PEEING ON MY LEG AND TELLING ME IT'S RAINING!! The current system is unsustainable. Adding more to it only makes it LESS sustainable. There is nothing about any part of our social welfare system that is in a sustainable state currently. And the gall of the Dear Leader going on TV last night and saying that 2/3rds of this is going to be paid for by cutting waste, fraud, abuse and improved cost savings should have made every person in America puke simultaneously. Government has NEVER, EVER done that and NEVER, EVER will. It doesn't matter who is charge.

So, that leaves us with a minimum of 3x the amount to fund than is currently being talked about. Since we are not paying for the welfare system we have now, that only doubles the problem. When the number gets large enough, the Chinese will stop buying our paper. Then we'll get Zimbawe type hyper-inflation and our society will collapse. So Sealy, quit trying to help us! Please!!!

A blog from a partisan hack is the best you can do? How about something from a non-partisan POV.

How about you find something that counters what he said? You can't? It will be hogwash you say? I thought so. You can't attack the content so you attack the writer. Nice.

By the way, Thom Hartmann is a liberal who also wants to abolish the Federal Reserve, just like Ron Paul.

Smarter than anyone you listen to.

STUPID!

So, Sealybobo math goes like this......take a 54 Trillion dollar unfunded mandate (as noted by the former Comptroller of the United States David Walker).....

The federal government has $54 trillion of unfunded mandates it promises to pay, but the money is not there. This shortfall is growing $2 trillion to $3 trillion a year. Primarily, it is in the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security entitlement programs.

It is being accelerated by the 78 million baby boomers who will become eligible for Medicare and Social Security over the next 20 years. Walker concludes that rising health-care costs are the greatest factor contributing to the coming fiscal crisis.

Then add another $1 - $2 Trillion dollars per year to the unfunded mandate and tell us that we are all better off. Well bobo, I just have to say.....

STOP PEEING ON MY LEG AND TELLING ME IT'S RAINING!! The current system is unsustainable. Adding more to it only makes it LESS sustainable. There is nothing about any part of our social welfare system that is in a sustainable state currently. And the gall of the Dear Leader going on TV last night and saying that 2/3rds of this is going to be paid for by cutting waste, fraud, abuse and improved cost savings should have made every person in America puke simultaneously. Government has NEVER, EVER done that and NEVER, EVER will. It doesn't matter who is charge.

So, that leaves us with a minimum of 3x the amount to fund than is currently being talked about. Since we are not paying for the welfare system we have now, that only doubles the problem. When the number gets large enough, the Chinese will stop buying our paper. Then we'll get Zimbawe type hyper-inflation and our society will collapse. So Sealy, quit trying to help us! Please!!!

Its already funded. 2/3rds of it we already pay.

And no. The insurance companies are overcharging us. Why can't you understand that Canada and every other country is getting more for less?

Again, tax payers are already paying, ON TOP of what our corporations and we as carriers are paying.

And not everyone is covered. You don't seem to get that the healthcare insurance companies are the biggest beurocracy/scam.

You should have cared this much about the car companies. But you didn't. The workers cost too much. You seemed to get it then but don't get it now. Maybe you should stop listening to Rush.

And we need Rush to debate Ed Schultz. Ed challanged him. So far, no fucking answer. Because face to face, they'll be exposed for the liars they are. Misinformation 101. You've mastered that class.

I would be willing to listen to the GOP's counter ideas. However, tax breaks and tax cuts are like putting a cream on a wound when it needs surgery.

Yes, eventually any bill that covers Abortion part of the debate has already creeped up here. However, I wish both sides would find the ground to agree that whether they are Pro-Choice or not that at the present moment, Abortion being legalized is the most healthy, and safe solution. Hopefully, in the future, we can find a better solution but if Abortion were banned tomorrow, it would get real ugly, real fast.

The vast majority want change. They want the Health Care companies to stop fucking us over. On paper, Democrats have 60 seats but you have several Blue Dog Democrats. I don't blame Lieberman for supporting John McCain over Barack Obama. Does it make him a hypocrite considering his words in the past? Yes, but I can't blame the guy. The Democratic Party is far from perfect, and it will forever be a roadblock as long as Harry The Cowardly Lion Reid and Nancy Pelosi are running the show.

You need to listen more carefully then. Tax cuts in the Repub plans are just to deal with a small part of the problem. Namely, those people who work for small businesses that do not provide health insurance plans. The idea is to provide those people with the funds to purchase health plans and put them in the same situation as those with employer plans.

Other features that Democrats have opposed over the last 10 years including Obama were tearing down the walls that prevent health insurance from being sold across state lines. Allowing the formation of pools by small businesses across the country to create more affordable health insurance availability for small business. Instead, the Dems have sided with Big Insurance to prevent this action an assure big profits for Health Insurance companies.

Additionally, repubs have supported tax deferred Health Savings Accounts (HSA). These allow people to save money tax deferred and use that money to pay for health care costs. This is used in conjunction with a high deductible health insurance plan. These plans cost less so that the average person can afford them. The high deductibility means that recipients are more likely to act like consumers when purchasing health care and search for value rather than paying whatever the doctor wants to charge.

There are a lot more features of republican alternatives than mere tax cuts.

It is clear Obama answered all of your questions last night. What else you got? Do you have any problems with what Obama said? Deny any of his facts?

I watched that dog and pony show while I ate my supper. Obama didn't do anything but tap dance around all the questions and never once said how this program is going to work, how much it will cost you, and who will run it. He all but said medical care will be rationed. This is a sack of crap he will never sell to the American people. It's dead and he know's it. Why do you think he wants it rammed through Congress so fast? He doesn't want anybody to read it. What's so funny about all of this is that he can't even tell you himself what's in the bill and none of the Congress people have even read it. It's already been pushed back until August because there is not enough Democratic support for it and what support there is evaporates more and more every day. Time for Obama to give up on this shit and move forward with his next trillion dollar liberal feel good project that he wants to push off on the American public. Just like you, he has nothing sensable to say about this bill.

STUPID!

Its already funded. 2/3rds of it we already pay.

And no. The insurance companies are overcharging us. Why can't you understand that Canada and every other country is getting more for less?

Again, tax payers are already paying, ON TOP of what our corporations and we as carriers are paying.

And not everyone is covered. You don't seem to get that the healthcare insurance companies are the biggest beurocracy/scam.

You should have cared this much about the car companies. But you didn't. The workers cost too much. You seemed to get it then but don't get it now. Maybe you should stop listening to Rush.

And we need Rush to debate Ed Schultz. Ed challanged him. So far, no fucking answer. Because face to face, they'll be exposed for the liars they are. Misinformation 101. You've mastered that class.

No you've mastered that. You say that 2/3rds is funded. The Comptroller of the United States says you are wrong. We're doing (I'm going to use your number even though it's bullshit) 2/3rds, but we aren't paying for it!!!!!!! That's the point! It's UNFUNDED!

$54 Trillion worth of UNFUNDED

Your solution -- Add more too it! That plan is STUPID. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Not that it matters, but I haven't listened to Rush on anything like a regular basis in about 15 years and I haven't heard him at all in at least 4 months or more.

Forum List

Back