Question for Democrats

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
I’m trying to understand your mentality because honestly it does not seem to add up. I can’t understand the idea of selling freedom. After all our ancestors crossed the oceans risking their lives to get away from a government that provided everything in return for serfdom. They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

So I’m wondering, what in your life has made you decide you no longer wanted to be free? When did you decide that it was better to have things provided for you in exchange for your freedom? Is it that or do you believe that you will be one of the ones making the decisions for everyone else? I’m just having a hard time understanding at what point you decided being free and responsible for yourself was too difficult?

As for those that are going to argue that freedom is not at stake. Well frankly you’re an idiot if you can’t understand the more you are a dependent the less free you are. When you become dependent on anyone or anything you are then under the control of the provider. Some people don’t understand this because they have weak parents that don’t use that power in order to help their kids do what they need to do. But just because they choose not to utilize that power does not mean the government will not. Sure in the beginning they will be nice about it and not use that power but eventually they will.

I’m trying to understand your mentality because honestly it does not seem to add up. I can’t understand the idea of selling freedom. After all our ancestors crossed the oceans risking their lives to get away from a government that provided everything in return for serfdom. They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

So I’m wondering, what in your life has made you decide you no longer wanted to be free? When did you decide that it was better to have things provided for you in exchange for your freedom? Is it that or do you believe that you will be one of the ones making the decisions for everyone else? I’m just having a hard time understanding at what point you decided being free and responsible for yourself was too difficult?

As for those that are going to argue that freedom is not at stake. Well frankly you’re an idiot if you can’t understand the more you are a dependent the less free you are. When you become dependent on anyone or anything you are then under the control of the provider. Some people don’t understand this because they have weak parents that don’t use that power in order to help their kids do what they need to do. But just because they choose not to utilize that power does not mean the government will not. Sure in the beginning they will be nice about it and not use that power but eventually they will.

That's where you lost me. The rest is you having fun with a strawman.

Watch. Why do you want to live in a country with no laws, no police, and everyone able to do anything they want at anytime with no repercussions?

Kinda confused as well. These "ancestors" of yours that you place on such a high pedestal and worship like gods..seemed to have no trouble capturing or buying people from another country and enslaving them. That's after they tried to do it to the native people that they found here.

So when you go on about "freedom" and evoke these ancestors..are you just talking about freedom for a select few?

:eusa_whistle:

You need to give democrats the same break they give everyone else.

None what so fucking ever..............

If you think the GOP is the party of freedom, you are direly mistaken,..

It's the party of "Freedom" (or no regulations) for corporations. And as Mitt says, "Corporations are people, my friend!"

Exactly, the GOP is the party of corporatist fascism. "Freedom for the corporations and the rich, for the rest of you *whip crack* get back to plowing the fields and your post at the sweatshops! Daddy needs a new yacht!"

That's where you lost me. The rest is you having fun with a strawman.

Watch. Why do you want to live in a country with no laws, no police, and everyone able to do anything they want at anytime with no repercussions?

We are far from no laws. In fact we have enough laws in this country to probably cover the entire world in the paper they are printed on. There are way too many laws. When were there no laws? Heck I’m sure even nomads had laws. Having laws protecting personal property and life is entirely different than laws controlling pretty much everything. Last when did I say anything about laws? My discussion was regarding dependency and freedom.

I think Republicans have moved left along with the rest of the country. So I'm not so dumb but the answer is not going with a party that is further to the left.

Kinda confused as well. These "ancestors" of yours that you place on such a high pedestal and worship like gods..seemed to have no trouble capturing or buying people from another country and enslaving them. That's after they tried to do it to the native people that they found here.

So when you go on about "freedom" and evoke these ancestors..are you just talking about freedom for a select few?

:eusa_whistle:

Again that was nationalism and slavery, those have been around far longer than the US. You don’t grow up over night but hey we eventually grew up. And many African Americans that were not slaves loved this country as well. Even back then because they were free as well. Sure they wanted the slaves freed but they were in no hurry to go back to Africa. They saw want limited government offered in ways of freedom.

I think Republicans have moved left along with the rest of the country. So I'm not so dumb but the answer is not going with a party that is further to the left.

Today's GOP have moved to the radical right with the democrats shifting to the right as well.

And yes, you are dumb.

They chose instead to live in a country with little to no government to have complete control of their own lives.

They actually tried that and it didn't work. So they established a limited federal government with checks and balances so no one branch could go wild and take over. Government has only become more bloated and wasteful since then and continues to be and both parties are to blame for that... but the democrats probably moreso since they're the party of bigger government.

It's the party of "Freedom" (or no regulations) for corporations. And as Mitt says, "Corporations are people, my friend!"

Exactly, the GOP is the party of corporatist fascism. "Freedom for the corporations and the rich, for the rest of you *whip crack* get back to plowing the fields and your post at the sweatshops! Daddy needs a new yacht!"

Yes and who builds that yacht? Who builds the houses, cars, and things for the rich to buy? You are just a mindless zombie that just believes all the crap the democrats feed you. Funny how everywhere the policies that the democrats want are tried the rich still thrive. The poor are still poor. Where is this utopia everyone is promising the left will deliver. Before and during World War II everyone was saying it was Russia. All the labor unions wanted Europe to follow in their footsteps. They were helping the middle class. How did that end up? Last I heard Russia did not end up a utopia. No one was trying to sneak into Russia to live in such a wonderful country.

What are you not allowed to do anymore?

Ask citizens in cities in California. Ask New Yorkers. And that is just the beginning. Right now people still have a say and as long as that is true they can't fully implement what they want to implement. But all you have to do is look at history and see where the left leads.

Today's GOP have moved to the radical right with the democrats shifting to the right as well.

And yes, you are dumb.

lol. That is to funny. How do I even reply to such a statement. Far to the right. Funny.

Forum List

Back