Question for democrats?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FloridaGirl, Apr 12, 2012.

1. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    So what did Obama accomplish since he took office?
    I would like to know, because honestly the only good thing I can see is that UBL was killed, but even that was not entirely Obama's credit.......

In my view since Obama took office we have become more divided, more nasty to each other, more people live in poverty, more people feeling "entitled"........

Just my two cents.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,991
    uh oh, now they're gonna list every law that was passed during his term. But they dont come out and tell you what the imporant accomplishments were.

3. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    There are no big accomplishments....:lol:

4. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    I am not a democrat. I'm an independent.

However, Obama has accomplished some things that I wanted to see occur...perhaps imperfectly, but still, to his credit:

1) Major troop draw-downs from Iraq (saving us $1bil a day and getting us out of an incredibly sticky political situation).

2) Reforms to healthcare that make it impossible for health insurance providers to reject people with pre-existing conditions. I don't believe that "Obamacare" has necessarily fixed the problems with our healthcare system; however, this particular quick fix has had a major positive impact on several people I know.

3) Overturned don't ask/don't tell, which was inhibiting the ability of good personnel to serve in the military.

I don't know who I am going to vote for in the Fall. However, I don't think that McCain would have done better; or that our economy would be in a better position with a McCain/Palin White House.

The one person that I thought has had creative ideas throughout the Republican primaries probably will not get on a ticket (Ron Paul). I don't see that the Republican Party has better ideas for getting us out of debt and back on the road to recovery, at this moment in time.

I've actually been quite relieved that Obama has been a relatively moderate president.

5. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Still feels as more damage than good has been done. I am glad the troops from Iraq are home and I hope we can come home from Afghanistan too. If the healthcare is a great thing, why are so many against it. Personally I think it is wrong for us to try to be more like Europe...I was born there, and my native country is great, but still love it here and that is because of the freedoms that we have. I don't blame Obama for all the world's problems, just how he has responded to it and made it worse in some cases.

:)

6. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,937
    1) was Bush's accomplishment, if you want to call it that (jury is still out)
    2) was not an accomplishment.
    3) was not an accomplishment.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    His biggest was the following...(the Road he's got the American people on):

[​IMG]

(Image: EIB )​

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    What can you do with a do nothing Congress?

Even so he passed Health Care, Stimulus led the charge to save GM, fight sor clean energy, a success in Libya,killed OBL.....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Item 1) This withdrawal was being discussed and calculated well before Obama took office. When all was said and done, the withdrawal came pretty much when Bush wanted it to. If you recall, Obama promised to do it over a year earlier while campaigning.

Item 2) Elimination of the "pre existing conditions" clauses is something ALL politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle wanted. The problem was no one could figure out a way to do it without soemthing drastic like an individual mandate. So OBama put in the mandate not caring that so many Americans felt it was unconsitutional. That is not an accomplishment. That was putting into law something that can be deemed as unconsitutional.

Item 3) Yes, I give him great credit for doing that.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Do you see what you said?

"What can you do with a do nothing Congress"

How can a quarterback win without top players
    How can a writer write with all that noise
    How can a chef cook great meals with mediocre food products

True leaders...true artists....true athletes.....MAKE IT HAPPEN.

His issue is not a do nothing congress. Clinton had the same type of congress. Clinton made it happen.

Obama simply wants to say "aint my fault"