Question for conservatives who oppose ACA

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Do you agree with Trump's goal of keeping the requirement that insurance companies sell policies to people who are already sick?

I don't think that government should be involved at all, except for some tort reform so lawyers can't get rich preying on the medical community.

Do you agree with Trump's goal of keeping the requirement that insurance companies sell policies to people who are already sick?
He's gonna keep his promise...clap, clap...but he's also allowing the industry free reign in what they'll charge you. Which will mean higher premiums....thus causing many to just opt out. ANY ONE WHO BELIEVES TRUMP IS LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR BEST INTEREST, HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN. THE ONLY PEOPLE THE LYIN KING GIVES A FUCK ABOUT IS AS FOLLOWS:

1) RED NECK GOOD OL BOYS THAT RIDE AND DIE OFF HIS TWEETS
2) ALL MOTHERFUCKERS WITH SERIOUS MONEY AND
3) THE TRUMP BRAND...THAT'S IT...TO THE REST....DON'T WORRY, ITS GONNA BE TERRIFIC!!

If workable by the structure of the program, fine. But don't call it insurance, because it's not.

Obamacare didn't address affordability and neither does Trumpmed. Breakdown insurance to maintenance care, urgent care and intensive care. Allow for different deductibles on each.

Yes, I just invented the term Trumpmed. You're welcome

...also higher risks should pay more so lower risks don't have to subsidize them. IF we have to have government involved. If you are obese you should pony up.

...also higher risks should pay more so lower risks don't have to subsidize them. IF we have to have government involved. If you are obese you should pony up.

This is where we need to work too. The healthy half of the population could have reasonable premiums. The other half should pay to play. If the premiums are too high for high risk, they get subsidized along with a program to help them regain their health. If they decline, the help declines.

He's gonna keep his promise...clap, clap...but he's also allowing the industry free reign in what they'll charge you. Which will mean higher premiums....thus causing many to just opt out. ANY ONE WHO BELIEVES TRUMP IS LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR BEST INTEREST, HAD BETTER THINK AGAIN. THE ONLY PEOPLE THE LYIN KING GIVES A FUCK ABOUT IS AS FOLLOWS:

3) THE TRUMP BRAND...THAT'S IT...TO THE REST....DON'T WORRY, ITS GONNA BE TERRIFIC!!

Is that a yes or no? Are you a conservative who opposes ACA?

Someone on CBS said it best this morning. The GOP plan is one based on political philosophy and not healthcare reform. Even Bill Clinton sees Obamcare as a joke. Neither party seems interested in real change.

Insurance involves risk. The insured pays an amount deemed reasonable for the possible incurred loss. The insurer calculates the risk of a loss an charges an amount that should cover any losses and leave a profit. Obamacare ignores the insurers risk to a large degree and that is why insurers are leaving or dramatically increasing premiums.

There is an easy fix for the GOP plan. Reinvest the savings back in healthcare, allowing shopping across state lines, slash regulations on the healthcare industry, expand healthcare savings accounts, and allow collective purchasing to drive down costs.

Several of those ideas are present, although in limited form.

-------------------- sounds GOOD to me TRed !!

Someone on CBS said it best this morning. The GOP plan is one based on political philosophy and not healthcare reform. Even Bill Clinton sees Obamcare as a joke. Neither party seems interested in real change.
The ACA was/is in a death spiral. What exactly did you expect the GOP to do?

The ACA was/is in a death spiral. What exactly did you expect the GOP to do?

Repeal Obamacare and replace it with cost controlling measures, more ala carte programs, tort reform, remove penalties for no coverage and streamline FDA drug approval process for starters.

I don't believe the Government should be involved in the medical insurance or health care businesses at all.

Having said that, if the Government is involved, I believe it should be solely along the lines of ensuring that companies are not price gouging and are actually making realistic decisions on the risks a particular customer presents.

The guy who is now a non-smoker at age 50 but from ages 14-45 smoked 2 packs a day is not the same risk as someone who is 50 and has never smoked at all.

Likewise.... I am diagnosed with Sturges Weber Syndrome. I have all the classic symptoms, but none of them at the level to make them disabling. At age 18 I had to get a waiver for my life insurance to be raised because most full SWS patients don't live long enough to be insurable. I pay a,higher premium because of my condition but I'm not banned from getting good the insurance.

Why couldn't we put a similar appeals system in place for health insurance providers?

While I agree with you, insurance is about spreading the risk. Has you auto insurance gone up lately? It will because of cell phones. You and I and everyone because people insist on texting and talking on their phones while driving will be punished regardless if we have ever caused an accident from cell phone use while driving.

New Topics

Forum List

Back