Question for conservatives about government spending

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Why should government pay for a road that starts at the end of your driveway and leads to any address in the continental United States - but not for food stamps for needy families with children?

Is it simply because you derive a direct benefit from one and not the other?

Why should government pay for a road that starts at the end of your driveway and leads to any address in the continental United States - but not for food stamps for needy families with children?

Because one earns it's money, the other doesn't.

The road earn's the money we invest in it, the other produces nothing but more needy mouths to feed.

The road earn's the money we invest in it, the other produces nothing but more needy mouths to feed.

Road's can't earn money, they are inanimate objects.

I'm sorry, should i have specified that total morons need not reply?

First off, government doesn't pay for anything, taxpayers pay for things... government produces nothing. It's a policy matter. Most people have no problem with tax money going to help the needy, just with government policies that continually create more and more needy that then must be "taken care of". Not to mention, "taken care of" runs the gamut from free cell phones to food.

Roads certainly facilitate trade, thus they do in a roundabout way, generate money. Not sure how much money is generated by welfare recipients though.

:lol:

First off, government doesn't pay for anything, taxpayers pay for things... government produces nothing.
Government IS the People.

It's a policy matter. Most people have no problem with tax money going to help the needy, just with government policies that continually create more and more needy that then must be "taken care of".
Right, they have no trouble with tax money that help the needy, they are just opposed to every single law that does that. Can you name ONE law that gives tax monies to the needy that YOU don't oppose? I doubt it.

Not to mention, "taken care of" runs the gamut from free cell phones to food.

Oh, I see, you're just opposed to government helping the needy out with frivolous things, like food.

Last edited:

Roads most certainly do earn the money invested in them. You just have a brain too small to understand the concept.

Roads certainly facilitate trade, thus they do in a roundabout way, generate money.

And the free market is incapable of providing the roads that private enterprise needs for trade? why do you have such little confidence in capitalism?

Roads certainly facilitate trade, thus they do in a roundabout way, generate money. Not sure how much money is generated by welfare recipients though.

:lol:

He doesn't have the brainpower to understand the concept. All he can do is insult people.

First off, government doesn't pay for anything, taxpayers pay for things... government produces nothing.
Government IS the People.

It's a policy matter. Most people have no problem with tax money going to help the needy, just with government policies that continually create more and more needy that then must be "taken care of". [/quoteR]ight, they have no trouble with tax money that help the needy, they are just opposed to every single law that does that. Can you name ONE law that gives tax monies to the needy that YOU don't oppose? I doubt it.

Not to mention, "taken care of" runs the gamut from free cell phones to food.

Oh, I see, you're just opposed to government helping the needy out with frivolous things, like food.

What the fuck are you talking about? Who said any of this?

Good grief....

Roads most certainly do earn the money invested in them. You just have a brain too small to understand the concept.

Really? How many roads have made it into the Fortune 500?

Are roads taxed on their earnings like people? What does a road spend its money on, anyway? Making itself look good to other roads?

I use the road. I do not use someone else's belly. And who says conservatives are against providing money for programs that actually help the truly needy? Nice false dichotomy.

Last edited:

I didn't know you are an rdean sock.

How much did I-10 earn this year?

Seems the economically inept loons are out in full force today. It's entertainment anyway. Even if it makes for lousy intellectual discussion.

Are roads taxed on their earnings like people? What does a road spend its money on, anyway? Making itself look good to other roads?

How do you live in a brain that small?

Ahh.. the roads argument

You know.. those roads that every last person can use, without question.. to drive a car on, ride a bike on, push a wagon on, walk down, etc...

Food stamps going to every last person in the US?? Everyone have their food provided to them at the expense of everyone else?? Every citizen getting a cell phone paid for??

But leave it to a lib... gotta compare things for everyone like roads and national defense, to things only to those who do not, will not, or in the very rare instance can not provide for themselves

You can't possibly be as stupid as you seem... or perhaps you're exactly why motor oil containers have language stating "This is not a food product" on them.

Forum List

Back