Question for Christians

Actually at the time I rfer to the RC church refused to crack down of perverts. My son, the homosexual attacks by Priests on children were exposed at least 10 years before exposure occurred in the USA. Thank goodness the US justice system did sommething about it because in Canada virtually nothing happened - first exposed in Newfoundland, a backward province still under the control of the Churches, Newfoundland ranks right up there with enlightened states like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Last edited:
I was a Priest in the Roman Catholic Church for 16 yuears my son. I urge you to visit your local Chapel, meet the Priest, join the Church, and take Church lessons. You will then know the answer to your question.

Praise Jesus,
Fr. Yukon (former)

perhaps you can explain why god said, in many passages, that slavery was a-ok...?

very nice eagleseven.

my philosophy prof used to go off on that subject with imagine yourself to be aliens and you walk into the notre dame cathedral. what would you think about the people praying to a sculpture of a human being tortured?

baron, evangelical christians are insufferable with their out-of-context bible quotes as proof text.
you and your instant link to gobs of christian propaganda is ridiculous.

do you have any thoughts of your own, sir, beyond hahaha you know nothing about blah blah blah and click on this link to get educated?
It took me 20 years to realize that the core dogma of Christianity is ethically no different from this guy:

temple_of_doom_flaming-heart.jpg

I absolutely agree

I have often said

the greatest trick god played on mankind was to make them believe he was NOT the devil

very nice eagleseven.

my philosophy prof used to go off on that subject with imagine yourself to be aliens and you walk into the notre dame cathedral. what would you think about the people praying to a sculpture of a human being tortured?

baron, evangelical christians are insufferable with their out-of-context bible quotes as proof text.
you and your instant link to gobs of christian propaganda is ridiculous.

do you have any thoughts of your own, sir, beyond hahaha you know nothing about blah blah blah and click on this link to get educated?
It took me 20 years to realize that the core dogma of Christianity is ethically no different from this guy:

temple_of_doom_flaming-heart.jpg

I absolutely agree

I have often said

the greatest trick god played on mankind was to make them believe he was NOT the devil

an interesting perspective.

it looks more to me like they are both real and are not actually enemies.

i see them more like team captains.

act a certain way, you're on god's team; another and you get to go with the devil.

from what i've read in ancient mythologies and the urantia book, it seems that something about the conflict between them threatened the health and safety of the whole cosmos and this whole planet was quarantined to give their mutant children a chance to work out their differences without the higher technologies of "the gods" so that we wouldn't be able to wreck any more than this world if we failed to learn to live together in peace.

I was a Priest in the Roman Catholic Church for 16 yuears my son. I urge you to visit your local Chapel, meet the Priest, join the Church, and take Church lessons. You will then know the answer to your question.

Praise Jesus,
Fr. Yukon (former)

perhaps you can explain why god said, in many passages, that slavery was a-ok...?

Because slavery was ok. In biblical times, slaves had rights, and Hebrew slaves were released every 7 years. Slavery provided the poorest population in a primitive society with shelter, food, and income.

God also provided guidelines for the treatment of slaves.

Praise Jesus,
Fr. Yukon (former)

Because slavery was ok. In biblical times, slaves had rights, and Hebrew slaves were released every 7 years. Slavery provided the poorest population in a primitive society with shelter, food, and income.

God also provided guidelines for the treatment of slaves.

lol

If Jesus was indeed human...

...and he had to die for the sins of the world...

...why does your God desire human sacrifice?

tissot-soldier-with-spear-pierces-his%20side.jpg

panel3.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRc5VUYzdUg]YouTube - Billy Graham - Timeless Truth - Happiness[/ame]

slaves were indentured servants, not slaves as we know them.

If you owed another money and had no way to pay it back, one became an indentured servant, a slave of the one they owed money to, until the debt was paid off or until a certain time elapsed in your servitude.

there were no banks to borrow money from or bankruptcy courts to release one from their debt.

Without the death of Christ, there would have been no resurrection...without the resurrection, there is no Christianity.

He is risen, was the message....was the Good News....

People were crucified all the time during the time of Christ, His resurection is what was unusual and not common.

I agree that human Sacrifice is not understandable....and no I do not believe God, called for it....Even with Abraham thinking God called for it, by putting up his son for such, but God made it CLEAR it was not the lifeof Abraham's son that He wanted by NOT requiring abraham to kill him.

White pure Lambs were used for sacrifice, for the forgiveness of sins by the Jews....thus the comment by Christians that Christ was our Sacrificial lamb.

and NOOOOO, I do NOT understand it all....not in the least.

Without the death of Christ, there would have been no resurrection...without the resurrection, there is no Christianity.

He is risen, was the message....was the Good News....

People were crucified all the time during the time of Christ, His resurection is what was unusual and not common.

I agree that human Sacrifice is not understandable....and no I do not believe God, called for it....Even with Abraham thinking God called for it, by putting up his son for such, but God made it CLEAR it was not the lifeof Abraham's son that He wanted by NOT requiring abraham to kill him.

White pure Lambs were used for sacrifice, for the forgiveness of sins by the Jews....thus the comment by Christians that Christ was our Sacrificial lamb.

and NOOOOO, I do NOT understand it all....not in the least.

at one time, apparently some gods did require human sacrifice.

the break with that practice came with abraham who was given a son, isaac, very late in life. YHVH commanded abraham to sacrifice isaac to him. abraham was willing and at the very last moment, a bullock appeared and the lord to abraham to use that instead.

the practice persisted in many primitive cultures right up to and beyond their discovery by the expanding imperial european colonies.

Last edited:
at one time, apparently some gods did require human sacrifice.

the break with that practice came with abraham who was given a son, isaac, very late in life. YHVH commanded abraham to sacrifice isaac to him. abraham was willing and at the very last moment, a bullock appeared and the lord to abraham to use that instead.

the practice persisted in many primitive cultures right up to and beyond their discovery by the expanding imperial european colonies.

There is only one God.

If you don't believe there is a God, what does it matter anyway to you?

If you do, why do you want to make God into an image like man? Why not allow for God to be almighty, and to know what is right and good for His creation?

Because, based on my review of the religious threads on here, posters are looking for something to bash Christians about. It's a sport to them and they get some warped sense of personal worth by doing such.

Because Jesus was G-d.

...and since thhe life of the flesh is in the blood... we all now have Adam's sinful blood in us from birth. Therefore, we must be reborn into the line of Christ in order to be redeemed.

it is far from trivial.

If you do, why do you want to make God into an image like man? Why not allow for God to be almighty, and to know what is right and good for His creation?

Because, based on my review of the religious threads on here, posters are looking for something to bash Christians about. It's a sport to them and they get some warped sense of personal worth by doing such.

:eusa_shifty:I wonder if the Easter bunny has that many hate threads about him? :eusa_think:

:eusa_shifty:I wonder if the Easter bunny has that many hate threads about him? :eusa_think:

The sad part is, if someone really wanted to have questions answered or a good theological debate - it ain't happenin' here.

QUOTE]

The Christian God does not require Human Sacrifice.

Animal Sacrifices were made in the Old Testament as atonement for sin.

When Jesus came to die for Mankind's sins, then the Prophecy was fulfilled and we now Have the New Testament.

God gave His Son to die for all of our sins, to do this Jesus had to be born of a Virgin as a Human Being, Mankind could not interact directly with Jesus in His natural state, that is why He came to us back then in Human Form.

Not being a great Biblical Scholar I cannot give you better details, hope that helps.

Forum List

Back