Question For Christians & Atheists

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
Lets say you had a chance to fine out, once and for all, whether God actually existed. Would a Christian want to take the chance that God didn't exist? Would they still believe in God even though a God didn't exist?

If God did exist, you would also find out whether it was the Christian version or Islamic version of God - would you still want to know?

Or do you prefer not knowing?

Um... I already do know God exists. He revealed Himself to me. Kind of difficult to do if He didn't exist.

In fact, He invites everyone to come to Him and find out for themselves whether He is there.

That is not what I meant. You believe he exists, but you can't prove that he exists to me, can you?

Lets say you had a chance to fine out, once and for all, whether God actually existed. Would a Christian want to take the chance that God didn't exist? Would they still believe in God even though a God didn't exist?

If God did exist, you would also find out whether it was the Christian version or Islamic version of God - would you still want to know?

Or do you prefer not knowing?

Question for idiots Why do you care what people believe? You want to find God? Well stop looking in a abortion factory for him.

We may not be able to conceive of God in the fullest sense, but there are certain things God would have to be like and certain things that would not be possible.

God cannot be like Santa Clause.

Everything must be part of God.

We can give nothing to God. We cannot pay God 'off' or 'back'.

God must accept all that God is and all the God's creation is.

We are not in a position to judge what creation is or seems to do.

If we do not believe in God and God does exists, God is big enough to get over it.

I would love to see definitive proof that god exists.

look out the window......thats proof God exists.

Look inside yourself; that's proof that God exists...to you. It is not necessarily how it appears to others no matter how much it appears that way...to you.

The problem with belief is that it is intimate and totally internal. Even more problematic is the fact that belief is choice, yet few 'believers' experience that choice and fewer still accept the unique quality of it.

Unique.

As in, 'one of a kind.'

I would love to see definitive proof that god exists.

look out the window......thats proof God exists.

Look inside yourself; that's proof that God exists...to you. It is not necessarily how it appears to others no matter how much it appears that way...to you.

The problem with belief is that it is intimate and totally internal. Even more problematic is the fact that belief is choice, yet few 'believers' experience that choice and fewer still accept the unique quality of it.

Unique.

As in, 'one of a kind.'

I can only point the way it is up to you the see.

Um... I already do know God exists. He revealed Himself to me. Kind of difficult to do if He didn't exist.

I have an acquaintance who had a personal revelation from the god Loki. How would you say that's possible if you think Loki doesn't exist? Me, I think she had an experience, but I have no reason to think it was actually Loki or any other supernatural being, just a self-delusion.

If you say she was delusional, how can you show that your experience wasn't? If you say she's lying, what's your evidence other than conflict with your personal beliefs, and why is your claim more credible?

I'm pretty sure you can find people with personal revelations from pretty much every god ever.

Not really proof of existence.

I would love to know if it existed. I don't COMPLETELY disregard the notion, but I dont believe in any of it. If I did find out it was real, and it was based of a religion we know today, I still wouldnt follow it. They all seem hipocritical to me. In Christianity, if you dont believe you will spend eternity in Hell. That doesn't sound like something I want to spend my life worshipping. Then again, if I dont, and Hell is for real, I might change my mind lol.

As an atheist...sure, if God shows she exists I am willing to change my views

I just see no current evidence of the fact. Atheism is not a religion, it is just an honest evaluation of the facts as they are presented

Are there more than one God?

What if there were, such as the go that control the winds and the god of the moon.

Would I have to visit every one of them, or would I only meet one and have to assume that the other exist regardless of the fact that I did not meet them.

By the way, Is the god you referring to the God of all Gods or the God of creation? They could be two different gods, depending on which mythmaker you follow.

I would love to know if it existed. I don't COMPLETELY disregard the notion, but I dont believe in any of it. If I did find out it was real, and it was based of a religion we know today, I still wouldnt follow it. They all seem hipocritical to me. In Christianity, if you dont believe you will spend eternity in Hell. That doesn't sound like something I want to spend my life worshipping. Then again, if I dont, and Hell is for real, I might change my mind lol.

There is no such thing as a non-believer Christian.

Forum List

Back