Question for Cali. Residents

Why the heck would you want to vacation in LA?
If yer gonna vacation in CA, I suggest San Diego, Monterrey, San Francisco or Mendocino. Anything but LA.

Our hotel is in Long Beach, actually.
Right across the harbor from San Pedro, which is where the Iowa is opening as a museum.

:salute:

We're planning on taking day trips to San Fransisco and probably the Hollywood tourist trap area.
MrsHorty wants to see Lombard Street, the GG and Alcatraz Island.

Thinking about the Redwood forest, but that's a long drive in a rented Focus.....

All these road trips are why I'm considering bringing Bertha along.
:cool:

If yer gonna vacation in CA, I suggest San Diego, Monterrey, San Francisco or Mendocino. Anything but LA.

Right across the harbor from San Pedro, which is where the Iowa is opening as a museum.

We're planning on taking day trips to San Fransisco and probably the Hollywood tourist trap area.

Thinking about the Redwood forest, but that's a long drive in a rented Focus.....

SF is pretty far from LA, you ain't gonna do that on a day trip.

Getting a hotel for that trip.

You're gonna make me Google "California Carry laws", ain't ya?
:lol:

Okay....BRB

Getting a hotel for that trip.

You're gonna make me Google "California Carry laws", ain't ya?
:lol:

Okay....BRB

If you are not from California forget it. And I am pretty sure SF has strict gun laws. As in not allowed.

Yea, I see that just about every-damned-thing is considered "concealed".

They probably consider transporting a weapon across state lines by a non resident illegal as well.

In NJ a man got 20 years because he moved there and before he unpacked his trunk went out to eat. He had a DISASSEMBLED rifle in his trunk under all his other stuff. He got pulled over for some minor thing as I recall.

How did they convict him? The Judge ruled that the defense could not inform the Jury that he had no ammo and that the gun was disassembled.

leave the gun at home......

There is no way you can do a "day" trip from LA to SF.... To do Lombard street, the GG bridge and Alcatraz.. you will need at least 2 days and an over nigher. If you took the 6am flight out...... you get in at 7:30..... get the car and into the city by 9:30 10am. The last flight out back to LA is about 9:30..and you need to be at the airport 2 hours before. You may... just MAY get them in.... but not the redwoods... they are a day trip on their own.

Alcatraz... book and pay for your tickets on line.. and take the first tour out.....AND make sure you dress warmly and in layers.....

The Iowa is tops on my list the next PG trip I take to San Berdoo....I'm envious.

San Francisco ain't a day trip....The Hollywood "tourist area" (i.e. Hollywood Boulevard) was overrun with urban outdoorsmen the last time I was there....You want a nice clean and scenic day trip, go to Newport Beach/Balboa Island....If you have a little more time, San Diego is just the ticket.

There is no way you can do a "day" trip from LA to SF.... To do Lombard street, the GG bridge and Alcatraz.. you will need at least 2 days and an over nigher. If you took the 6am flight out...... you get in at 7:30..... get the car and into the city by 9:30 10am. The last flight out back to LA is about 9:30..and you need to be at the airport 2 hours before. You may... just MAY get them in.... but not the redwoods... they are a day trip on their own.

Alcatraz... book and pay for your tickets on line.. and take the first tour out.....AND make sure you dress warmly and in layers.....

I'm a driver, tho...
Figured we'd head out early, see what we can, get a hotel for the night then we'll get the Rock tour early like you say.
Guess I'll go find their site now.

If it's a National Park, my wife has a life long pass.

I've been watching the weather.
Mostly because of Debby.
But have seen that while the rest of the US is feeling 90s and 100s, LA is 70f!!
:D

The Iowa is tops on my list the next PG trip I take to San Berdoo....I'm envious.

San Francisco ain't a day trip....The Hollywood "tourist area" (i.e. Hollywood Boulevard) was overrun with urban outdoorsmen the last time I was there....You want a nice clean and scenic day trip, go to Newport Beach/Balboa Island....If you have a little more time, San Diego is just the ticket.
I'm a "Plankowner" so we're having a little shindig next Monday evening, before the official opening on Saturday the 7th.
So we have a lot of free time in between.

Yea, I see that just about every-damned-thing is considered "concealed".

They probably consider transporting a weapon across state lines by a non resident illegal as well.

In NJ a man got 20 years because he moved there and before he unpacked his trunk went out to eat. He had a DISASSEMBLED rifle in his trunk under all his other stuff. He got pulled over for some minor thing as I recall.

How did they convict him? The Judge ruled that the defense could not inform the Jury that he had no ammo and that the gun was disassembled.

Browsing some statutes I saw that even in my suitcase, in the trunk, is "concealed".

I'm a driver, tho...
Figured we'd head out early, see what we can, get a hotel for the night then we'll get the Rock tour early like you say.
Guess I'll go find their site now.

If it's a National Park, my wife has a life long pass.

I've been watching the weather.
Mostly because of Debby.
But have seen that while the rest of the US is feeling 90s and 100s, LA is 70f!!
:D

If you are going to drive... take the coast road. But... its going to take you 8-10 hours depending on stops.

If you take the coast road...things to consider..... Hearst Castle and Carmel by the Sea.... very cute little sea side town.

Forum List

Back