Question for believers: Are we within God's jurisdiction?

Who has the ultimate right to speak the law?

• God

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Man

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Shouldn’t this be in religion not politics?

Politics is religion in action.

Religion tries to make politics passable.

Politics is a way more honest way to regulate society than religion is. Politics at least starts from a rational point. Religion on the other hand doesn't need such grounding. Faith is a terrible starting point for societal issues.

Give me a reason for equal rights.

Last edited:

Politics is a way more honest way to regulate society than religion is. Politics at least starts from a rational point. Religion on the other hand doesn't need such grounding. Faith is a terrible starting point for societal issues.

Humanism, science. On the other hand religion advocates inequality.

Universal suffrage for instance wasn't a religious accomplishment, politics accomplished it.

You don't have any idea what you are speaking about. The only historical source for equal rights is the bible. There is no other source. Without Jews and Christians the world where we live in is unthinkable, is even unimaginable.

Last edited:

A person with an IQ lower than 40 is destined to become a politician. Devil's work and not God's. The Devil is waiting for any and all politicos.

Universal suffrage for instance wasn't a religious accomplishment, politics accomplished it.

Besides that the monasteries had often a kind of democracy too: The eldest active election in the world is the election of the pope of the holy catholic church. Who is able to be pope? Every Catholic; not only clerics - also laymen are able to be pope.

Last edited:

You don't have any idea what you are speaking about. The only historical source for equal rights is the bible. There is no other source. Without Jews and Christians the world where we live in is unthinkable, is even unimaginable.

Slavery was condoned in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?

Besides that the monasteries had often a kind of democracy too: The eldest active election in the world is the election of the pope of the holy catholic church. Who is able to be pope? Every Catholic; not only clerics - also laymen are able to be pope.

'' often, a kind of democracy'' guess that makes up for the young boys they castrated to keep their voice high and clear.

Last edited:

Slavery was condoned in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?

Revised King James II version of The Bible.

OH and by the way, who is eligible for leadership under democracies.... Everybody regardless of faith or gender. What is the more equal of those 2?

Last edited:

Revised King James II version of The Bible.
And what I said isn't in it?

King James II. OT Proverbs never ceases to amaze me.

Slavery was condoned

Condoned? ... Makes no sense to say so.

in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?

'Slavery' is a very special American problem. This form of slavery did never exist in Europe. It is imperialism and colonialism which produced it. The slavery of Egypt for example is not very similar - this slavery is a slavery of the government of death. The Egypt culture was a culture of death. The whole life was centered around graves. Nevertheless the son of the Pharao - Moses - brought the slaves to the freedom of the light.

In case of America greed for gold in Europe produced slavery there - but not in Europe itself. It is a very complex theme, because slavery is not slavery. A German "Leibeigener" for example was no allowed to leave his farm. From my point of view slavery has no chance in a Christian society because it is just simple not important and not compatible too. I'm able for example to imagine a Christian and his slave, who is a Christian too. The slave is sick: What will happen now? The "master" will do the work of the "slave", the work of his beloved spiritual brother. A title of the pope is for example "servant of the servants of god". Even if no one doubts in the social structure "slavery", slavery is not really compatible with the Christian faith, because "to serve" makes someone high and not low.

Last edited:

Slavery was condoned in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?[/QUOT

King James II revised which makes me a Westlian.

Slavery was condoned in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?[/QUOT

King James II revised which makes me a Westlian.

USMB is too slow!

Slavery was condoned

in both the NT and the OT. Women to this day can not become priests. People who don't believe go straight to hell according to it. The only real theocracies today are some of the most unequal societies there are. So pray tell what Bible have you read?

'Slavery' is a very special American problem. This form of slavery did never exist in Europe. It is imperialism and colonialism which produced it. The slavery of Egypt for example is very similar - but this slavery is a slavery of the government of death. The Egypt culture was a culture of death - so this is also not comparable. Nevertheless the son of the Pharao - Moses - brought the slaves to freedom. In case of America greed for gold in Europe produced slavery there - but not in Europe itself. It is a very complex theme. From my point of view slavery has no chance in a Christian society because it is just simple not important. I'm able for example to imagine a Christian and his slave who is a Christian too. The slave is sick: What will happen now? The "master" will do the work of the slave, the work of his beloved brother. Very easy. Even if no one doubts in ths social structure "slavery", slavery is not really compatible with the Christian faith.
[/QUOTE]
Exodus 21 20-21.I suggest you read it.

Slavery was condoned

'Slavery' is a very special American problem. This form of slavery did never exist in Europe. It is imperialism and colonialism which produced it. The slavery of Egypt for example is very similar - but this slavery is a slavery of the government of death. The Egypt culture was a culture of death - so this is also not comparable. Nevertheless the son of the Pharao - Moses - brought the slaves to freedom. In case of America greed for gold in Europe produced slavery there - but not in Europe itself. It is a very complex theme. From my point of view slavery has no chance in a Christian society because it is just simple not important. I'm able for example to imagine a Christian and his slave who is a Christian too. The slave is sick: What will happen now? The "master" will do the work of the slave, the work of his beloved brother. Very easy. Even if no one doubts in ths social structure "slavery", slavery is not really compatible with the Christian faith.

Exodus 21 20-21.I suggest you read it.[/QUOTE]
Peter 2 18
Timothy 6:1-2
I have plenty more, from this book of equality

Slavery was condoned

Let a drunkard drink his wine, Proverbs.

Peter 2 18
I have plenty more, from this book of equality[/QUOTE]

Slavery was condoned

Let a drunkard drink his wine, Proverbs.

Peter 2 18
I have plenty more, from this book of equality
[/QUOTE]

Forum List

Back