Question For: Animal Right's Activist's

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
Inquiring minds need to know what you think about this?

Prop. 2 - STANDARDS FOR CONFINING FARM ANIMALS. INITIATIVE STATUTE.

Requires that calves raised for veal, egg-laying hens and pregnant pigs be confined only in ways that allow these animals to lie down, stand up, fully extend their limbs and turn around freely.

Exceptions made for transportation, rodeos, fairs, 4-H programs, lawful slaughter, research and veterinary purposes.
Provides misdemeanor penalties, including a fine not to exceed $1,000 and/or imprisonment in jail for up to 180 days.
Summary of Legislative Analyst’s Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
Potential unknown decrease in state and local tax revenues from farm businesses, possibly in the range of several million dollars annually.
Potential minor local and state enforcement and prosecution costs, partly offset by increased fine revenue. Proposition 2 - Title and Summary - Voter Information Guide 2008

:rolleyes: I shit you not! :rolleyes:

IMO? This is as nuts as Prop 8 - here in California - and San Francisco's nutcase Mayor's television advertisement!!! :mad:

[youtube]Ms0hugRkgv8[/youtube]

So! How would you Animal Right's Activist's vote on it :confused:

i support humane treatment of animals in what i buy. yet, i still dont get "free range" chickens that end up in my fryer....seems if they were really free range they would take off....

Requires that calves raised for veal, egg-laying hens and pregnant pigs be confined only in ways that allow these animals to lie down, stand up, fully extend their limbs and turn around freely.

Sounds like common sense to me.

Eating the flesh of healthy animals, instead of animals kept just healthy enough by the introduction of massive amounts of antibiotics, would probably do great things for the overall health of the people.

If I could afford it, I'd eat nothing but animals raised in humane conditions.

Not only do they taste better, but they're better for me in the long run, too.

What does that have to do with Prop 8?

It has nothing to do with Prop. 8 .... what my point was .... them putting this "STANDARDS FOR CONFINING FARM ANIMALS. INITIATIVE STATUTE" on "the ballot" was as stupid as Prop 8 being on there.

California already has a Department of Food and Agriculture/Animal Health and Food Safety Services, (as I am sure each and every other state does too) ... so why put this up to the voters to decide when they already have an agency that is NOT DOING THEIR JOB :confused:

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Prop. 8 .... what my point was .... them putting this "STANDARDS FOR CONFINING FARM ANIMALS. INITIATIVE STATUTE" on "the ballot" was as stupid as Prop 8 being on there.

California already has a Department of Food and Agriculture/Animal Health and Food Safety Services, (as I am sure each and every other state does too) ... so why put this up to the voters to decide when they already have an agency that is NOT DOING THEIR JOB :confused:

So you don't think animals should be treated in humane conditions until they are slaughtered for your dining pleasure?

Or the fact that CA needs it's people to vote for it.

So you don't think animals should be treated in humane conditions until they are slaughtered for your dining pleasure?

Or the fact that CA needs it's people to vote for it.

Echo .... I believe that they should be treated "humane" .... but as I said in my response that you quoted ... we already have an agency to do that ... all they need to do is make that agency "do their job" which includes treatment of animals. Why is this so hard to understand? :confused:

Echo .... I believe that they should be treated "humane" .... but as I said in my response that you quoted ... we already have an agency to do that ... all they need to do is make that agency "do their job" which includes treatment of animals. Why is this so hard to understand? :confused:

Well, it looks like to MAKE that agency to do their job, they need to have the state vote on it, eh?

It's crazy, I know. It should be a federal law for the humane treatment of animals, but that's just me.....

I think perhaps the title I used for this thead was/is the confusion. I should have explained better in my first post. So ....

I will :slap: myself, and :eusa_silenced: about it! :lol:

We have the laws already. Making more, more prohibitive laws will in no way increase the effectiveness of laws that aren't being enforced.

I'm more concerned about what people are feeding cattle.....are they still feeding them brain matter in their food? Prion boost?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU]YouTube - Brutal: Sarah Palin's Record on Aerial Wolf Hunting[/ame]

Humane treatment of animals?

Nah... I'll save that for when they have human cognizance or intellect

Do I think there should be inane slaughter for no reason or going out of the way to be cruel? No... Do I think we need all the stupid, touchy-feely laws we have on the books for animals now? Hell no

Forum List

Back