Question for america haters...

Originally posted by nycflasher
And all Christians fuck sheep.

?
There you go with your generalizations......

Since this nation was founded by mostly WASPs, I really doubt that many Christians hate this country.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
There you go with your generalizations......

Since this nation was founded by mostly WASPs, I really doubt that many Christians hate this country.

I have very few conservative friends, and all my friens love this country.

I used a generalization here as a joke. You'll find that I RARELY make any generalizations, preferring to be specific unlike others...

Originally posted by Gop guy
Ever heard of...........LIBERALS!?

I've heard of Conservatives hating America.... no wait... I got that confused.... I mean Conservative hate Americans that aren't like them.... silly me for that confusion...

There I go with generalizations... I suppose I'll learn though. :cool:

as long as it's expediant to do so:

via Instapundit:

May 13, 2004
YOU KNOW, sometimes I feel like maybe I'm too harsh in my charges of media bias. Then I read accounts like this one from Baghdad, by the Daily Telegraph's correspondent Toby Harnden:

The other day, while taking a break by the Al-Hamra Hotel pool, fringed with the usual cast of tattooed defence contractors, I was accosted by an American magazine journalist of serious accomplishment and impeccable liberal credentials.

She had been disturbed by my argument that Iraqis were better off than they had been under Saddam and I was now — there was no choice about this — going to have to justify my bizarre and dangerous views. I’ll spare you most of the details because you know the script — no WMD, no ‘imminent threat’ (though the point was to deal with Saddam before such a threat could emerge), a diversion from the hunt for bin Laden, enraging the Arab world. Etcetera.

But then she came to the point. Not only had she ‘known’ the Iraq war would fail but she considered it essential that it did so because this would ensure that the ‘evil’ George W. Bush would no longer be running her country. Her editors back on the East Coast were giggling, she said, over what a disaster Iraq had turned out to be. ‘Lots of us talk about how awful it would be if this worked out.’ Startled by her candour, I asked whether thousands more dead Iraqis would be a good thing.

She nodded and mumbled something about Bush needing to go. By this logic, I ventured, another September 11 on, say, September 11 would be perfect for pushing up John Kerry’s poll numbers. ‘Well, that’s different — that would be Americans,’ she said, haltingly. ‘I guess I’m a bit of an isolationist.’ That’s one way of putting it.

The moral degeneracy of these sentiments didn’t really hit me until later when I dined at the home of Abu Salah, a father of six who took over as the Daily Telegraph’s chief driver in Baghdad when his predecessor was killed a year ago.

Moral degeneracy, indeed. You hate to think that any American journalist could feel this way, but we've had other admissions of this sort in the past. To explain things in words of few syllables: It's wrong to root for your country's defeat. Especially when that defeat would mean the death of innocents. And surely it's worse still when it's merely for domestic political advantage.

Isn't it?

UPDATE: An antiwar reader writes: "It is not wrong to root for your country's defeat if your country is evil."

I wonder how many journalists feel this way? I suspect that, among those who do, it affects the quality and slant of their reporting.

Originally posted by The Worried One
Liberals don't hate america, they hate republicans and especially the ones of this administration

So with your blind hatred guiding yours and every leading democrats motives, don't you think they are damaging the country by putting their selfish hatred ahead of whats best for the country?

Deciophobic asks <Why do you hate us?>

‘Hate’ is YOUR word to describe anyone who disagrees with current American foreign policy.

I do not hate America, I admire the ideals of America. I do hate the betrayal of these ideals by the Bush administration. And so should any true American.

Originally posted by Undeceived

‘Hate’ is YOUR word to describe anyone who disagrees with current American foreign policy.

I do not hate America, I admire the ideals of America. I do hate the betrayal of these ideals by the Bush administration. And so should any true American.

To wish for the defeat of American troops or at least their being so enmeshed in a 'quagmire of pessimissim' is to work against the ideals of America. That you may achieve your goal of unseating the Administration is just Faustian.

I do not use that word for EVERYONE who disagrees with the Bush administration. I merely use it to describe those who give assinine statements like Bush should be impeached for war crimes or Rumsfield should resign for the actions of 7 people.

Furthermore their are people that do hate this administration far more than they car about our country. the evidence is all right there for you. If they truly cared about this country they would have set aside their differences and supported the president once he made the decision to oppose terrorists. They get a chance to remove him from office every 4 years and that is the way of America. Instead of doing that though, they have impeded every effort made by this president to protect our country from people that want to kill us. They have made baseless accusations also know as lies against the President, his administration and Conservatives in general to further their Hatred upon others.

I believe another poster recently said it best. odern day liberalism is more like a Religion than a political party. They preach their ideals and force them upon people who may or may not want to hear what they have to say. They try to convert many minds to think like them. They worship their god, Power, above all others.

<To wish for the defeat of American troops or at least their being so enmeshed in a 'quagmire of pessimissim' is to work against the ideals of America.>

I never said that I wished for the defeat of American troops or that they become enmeshed in a 'quagmire of pessimissim'. Those are your words. Do not try to cloud the issue by claiming that those are my views.

<To wish for the defeat of American troops or at least their being so enmeshed in a 'quagmire of pessimissim' is to work against the ideals of America.>

I never said that I wished for the defeat of American troops or that they become enmeshed in a 'quagmire of pessimissim'. Those are your words. Do not try to cloud the issue by claiming that those are my views.

What should "true Americans" do now to stop terrorism----hanging Bush won't help. Any suggestions?

Insein wrote <So with your blind hatred guiding yours and every leading democrats motives, don't you think they are damaging the country by putting their selfish hatred ahead of whats best for the country?>

I was about to send the reply in the next two paragraphs when I read your posting on page 3. It is more civilized and explains your position more clearly. But I’d still like to know about the picture you chose. It sure looks hate-filled to me.

Come on, can’t you write in a civilized way? There is honest disagreement about what is best for the country. Personally, I think Bush is the worst American president ever. But I don’t think that it would be right for me to call all Bush supporters hate-filled facists. I believe most supporters of Bush are honestly deluded.

Speaking of hatred, what’s with the picture that accompanies your postings. It is a picture of Schwarzenegger with a wicked looking weapon and shows the words, “Destroying Liberals One by One”. Look in the mirror if you want to see a hate-filled person.

Originally posted by dilloduck
What should "true Americans" do now to stop terrorism----hanging Bush won't help. Any suggestions?

I realize angry people are here----any respose to my question?

Insein wrote So with your blind hatred guiding yours and every leading democrats motives, don't you think they are damaging the country by putting their selfish hatred ahead of whats best for the country?

It works better without the karrots.

Insein wrote <So with your blind hatred guiding yours and every leading democrats motives, don't you think they are damaging the country by putting their selfish hatred ahead of whats best for the country?>

I was about to send the reply in the next two paragraphs when I read your posting on page 3. It is more civilized and explains your position more clearly. But I’d still like to know about the picture you chose. It sure looks hate-filled to me.

Come on, can’t you write in a civilized way? There is honest disagreement about what is best for the country. Personally, I think Bush is the worst American president ever. But I don’t think that it would be right for me to call all Bush supporters hate-filled facists. I believe most supporters of Bush are honestly deluded.

Speaking of hatred, what’s with the picture that accompanies your postings. It is a picture of Schwarzenegger with a wicked looking weapon and shows the words, “Destroying Liberals One by One”. Look in the mirror if you want to see a hate-filled person.

Yea im full of hate. Notcie that i am more of a responder than an agenda driven poster. I work more on discrediting uniformed POV's such as your own.

Care to elaborate as to WHY Bush is the worst president in US history Or do you prefer to continue posting generalized lies as many of your far left companions do?

What should "true Americans" do now to stop terrorism ----hanging Bush won't help. Any suggestions

Reply to kathieanne’s question.

How about apologizing for lying about WMDs and then withdrawing troops as soon as it is humanely possible to do so?

Or how about putting American troops under the command of a truly representative Iraqi government? Notice that the U.S. decision to choose Iyad Allawi as the Prime Minister of Iraq on June 30th is regarded suspiciously by Iraqis and other Muslims. Allawi looks a lot like another Chalabi. Like Chalabi he is an Iraqi exile with a suspicious past and close ties to American government agencies, especially the CIA. When will the Bush administration put the wishes of the Iraqi people ahead of it’s own financial and political greed?

Or if that is too drastic, put American troops under the command of a U.N. peacekeeping force that is commanded by a non-American?

Sorry my last posting was in reply to a question, put by dilloduck, not kathieanne.

Forum List

Back