Question for all you four eyes....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
In my entire life i never needed glasses......till now.

I'm on my second day wearing no line progressive bifocals. Curbs were a challenge on drinking days but now I'm misjudging them left and right sober. My eyes are sore a lot and i almost feel like getting a refund and just squinting when i read. I had some distance correction but not a lot. Things are much clearer when i look through the right part of the glasses but damn this sucks.

How long should I expect to be this uncomfortable?

I'm on my second day wearing no line progressive bifocals. Curbs were a challenge on drinking days but now I'm misjudging them left and right sober. My eyes are sore a lot and i almost feel like getting a refund and just squinting when i read. I had some distance correction but not a lot. Things are much clearer when i look through the right part of the glasses but damn this sucks.

When I switched from single lens to bifocals, it took me about a week to get used to them. The hardest part was remembering not to tip my head down when reading.

Rat's right....it does take some time. When i went to bifocals it was a little wierd, but not that bad. The curbs looks closer than they are, and things would be a little wavy....but it really didn't bother me that much and before i knew it i was used to them...hang in there!

Keep that option in mind, though.

I don't do a lot of back-and-forth focusing. I'm either doing regular stuff OR I'm reading and using the computer. So for me it made more sense to just go with two pairs of glasses.

The hubs has had bifocals for three years and they still drive him nuts. He just can't get used to them. He's going with two pairs of glasses next trip to the optometrist.

I've heard about that same sort of thing from lots of folks that got progressive bifocals.
I've never had glasses until early this year when I bought some readers from the drugstore. I swear, books are printed in a lot smaller font than when I was younger. :cool:

I got my glasses over two years ago. They take a short time to get used to them. Your eyes are just not used to having their vision corrected. :)

hehehe, just wait until you trip going UP the stairs......

It usually settles down after about a week. I've been wearing glasses since I was in 2nd grade.

I've had 20/25 in one eye for a few years and had to get a prescription when I failed my eye exam a two years ago.

But the problem was the fact that I look at a computer monitor far more than I used to. What that did was "flatten" everything out and give me what the Doctor diagnosed as an astigmatism.

But I went and got a pair of Pin Hole Glasses, printed out an eye chart and read the chart a few times a week. I passed my next eye exam without the glasses. In fact my eyesight had improved to 20/15 then 20/12.5! :D

PINHOLE GLASSES.

I have the bi focals and will be getting a plain pair of glasses and then reading glasses when I need them. Welcome to being old, you old turd.
Can't wait till you break out the walker.

I have bifocals but I don't wear them except when I'm driving.

When I got them, I needed them to read as well, but my vision has changed again and so now I don't need them for that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back