question - directed to everyone, but mainly to Dan

K

KLSuddeth

I received correspondence from a publisher that Ive never heard of and was wondering if anyone has.....Dan, have you?

The publishing co. is called Pineapple Path - sounds weird to me.

The reason that I was contacted by them, is because I put the word out that Im finishing up a several year writing project - a book called Universal Law~Quantum Metaphysics.

Anyone know anything?

Btw, DK if you read this - yay Brit and Shirl - eh? Pineapple Path got my name from them. I guess they DID come through somewhat.

I thought this to be a neat way to tell you the news :)

so they seem legit then?

Think I'll hold out and get an agent type person when its done.

Id rather have a larger name publisher.

Dont want much do I?

Or is that a bad idea?

(all of the above is directed to everyone - not just DK)

Dont forget to read the fine print. A lot of these publishers are also known as a vanity publisher where the author has to front the money for prints and also marketing their own work.
These are completely legit and can benefit some....

Most major publishing houses wouldn't entertain you without a noted agent...most agents wont look at you without having something published by a known publisher...I think that is known as a catch 22.

I am sure you already know this, but should this company be something that would serve you well, make sure you dont sell all your rights....or at least completely familiarize yourself with the various rights before signing anything.

I wish you luck and hope you get your work out. Although it sounds like its something over my head, if it does come out - I will buy it - if at least to make it look as though I know what the hell I am doing.

lol - thank you!

Its not a complex book. what Ive done is take the subject matter down to where its easily understandable.

If I read your book and understood it , you would be god....its sounds science related to me and science has always been miles over my head...but I watch forensic science on tv so I am a big shot now in that....right....

Who would be the market for the book? School teachers? Students or both? Someone advanced in science or math?

Mostly the Metaphysical community, Im guessing.

I've never heard of Pineapple Path, but they seem pretty legit. I've honestly not done much in the way of researching publishers, so I can't really tell you too much about them. I agree with Churchill, though, as with any business venture, research it fully, and if it seems on the up and up, I say go for it. Congratulations, by the way, that's exciting news! Is Universal Law~Quantum Metaphysics a textbook, or just a general reading type thing? Keep us updated, I'll definitely get a copy, even if I won't be able to understand most of the words in it! Congratulations!
:)

KL. This is so neato. How cool is this? very. but I would probably react as you. "Surely there's someone offering a better deal." I love the enterprising spirit.

Forum List

Back