question about the Presidential race

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
One simple question : During this race to the White House, everybody spoke of Kerry's past in Vietnam.
And the polemics about it are numerous....but what the matter this it ? what the problem with Kerry's vet past ?
He did he war, it was horrible, like any other war in jungle against an invisible ennemy, so at the end of his turn, he wouldn't no more war...we can understand that : the same feelings for the french and british soldiers of the WWI's trenches...
But Kerry is not a coward for this reason ! If you say that, you say also that the french and british soldiers of WWI are coward, because the soldiers who survived said : it will be the last war, no more war, never".
Kerry did his duty for his country....he went to Vietnam - not a war like the others, I know it, I read alot about this war and the french Indochina war - so for this reason he should be respected....
And GW Bush attack him on this ground, Bush - or Bush's allies - say that Kerry is a craven...but Bush serve into the National Guard.......so he stay at home, in a Texas Unit, called "the champagne killers" or something like that....

So, between a guy who went to Nam, as an officer, and an other guy, who did the war planted in a Texas unit for rich sons, who is the hero ?
For me, the first one, and it is John Kerry.

So I don't understand why this mediatic affair about kerry's vietnam passage.....Bush was not at all in Vietnam......

John Kerry worked for his country when he did his duty in Nam, GW Bush worked for his liver-cirrhosis when he drunk all the champagne of the base while Kerry fought in Nam....

The contentions of his critics are:

A: He exaggerated (lied) about the context of his injuries and received medals based on those lies.

B: When he came home he told outrageous lies about the extent of war atrocities and built a political career based on those lies.

HE'S A LIAR!

Also what the left are calling personal attacks were just pointing out his voting record in the Senate. How is that a personal attack? It's not. He's a mewling, lying, narcicisstic infant.

greetings padisha. Understand this about American politics. Don't take anything you see in the media as actual fact. The media has tried to steer elections as far back as Abraham lincoln during the Civil War years.

John Kerry served in the Navy suring Vietnam. George Bush served in the National Guard during Vietnam. Why are these even issues? Because the media and the Democratic party has decided to make them issues. Defense, healthcare, economy, immigration laws, etc are not being focused on due to the fact that Senator Kerry has chosen the events during 4 months of his life, 35 years ago to tell the American people that he deserves to run the free world.

Since Senator Kerry has made his whole campaign focused upon these 4 months, scrutiny will come of it. The main focus of this scrutiny however is not from the Republican party but from the very sailors who served with Kerry. these same sailors and US combatants have been leading the charge for the better part of 30 years against John Kerry due to his slander and lies that he made about the men he served with. Lies of atrocities that he now admits never occured. Lies of secret missions that were feasibly impossible due to geography, time and physical events. Most of all, lies that helped to weaken the American spirit among the soldiers and amongst the civilians back home. Kerry led the charge on the anti-war movement that had and still has caused many Vietnam vets great anguish when they returned home.

So don't let the media fool you. Kerry is the one going on about Vietnam and its his fellow soldiers that re the ones rebutting him as they have been for 30 years.

Welcome Padisha! :thup:

I have nothing to add that insein didn't already cover. Frankly, I'd love to start debating today's issues, but John Kerry won't quit talking about Vietnam long enough for it.

gop_jeff said:
Welcome Padisha! :thup:

I have nothing to add that insein didn't already cover. Frankly, I'd love to start debating today's issues, but John Kerry won't quit talking about Vietnam long enough for it.

And when he isnt talking about Vietnam he is too busy debating himself.

padisha emperor said:
One simple question : During this race to the White House, everybody spoke of Kerry's past in Vietnam.
And the polemics about it are numerous....but what the matter this it ? what the problem with Kerry's vet past ?
He did he war, it was horrible, like any other war in jungle against an invisible ennemy, so at the end of his turn, he wouldn't no more war...we can understand that : the same feelings for the french and british soldiers of the WWI's trenches...
But Kerry is not a coward for this reason ! If you say that, you say also that the french and british soldiers of WWI are coward, because the soldiers who survived said : it will be the last war, no more war, never".
Kerry did his duty for his country....he went to Vietnam - not a war like the others, I know it, I read alot about this war and the french Indochina war - so for this reason he should be respected....
And GW Bush attack him on this ground, Bush - or Bush's allies - say that Kerry is a craven...but Bush serve into the National Guard.......so he stay at home, in a Texas Unit, called "the champagne killers" or something like that....

So, between a guy who went to Nam, as an officer, and an other guy, who did the war planted in a Texas unit for rich sons, who is the hero ?
For me, the first one, and it is John Kerry.

So I don't understand why this mediatic affair about kerry's vietnam passage.....Bush was not at all in Vietnam......

John Kerry worked for his country when he did his duty in Nam, GW Bush worked for his liver-cirrhosis when he drunk all the champagne of the base while Kerry fought in Nam....

I really like your avatar, too bad I have so far disagreed with everything you said.

Happy that you like my avatar....this flag is so nice...probably because there is thae cross of France and the lys flowers of France ;)

for what I say, i think that vote for the past of a guy is stupid.
Vote for his program, what he want to do, not about his Vietnam
Example : Philippe Pétain, Hero of Verdun, winner of THE battle, in 1917. So, french hero, he had been called to rule about france in may 1940..error, it was not because Pétain was great against Germany in 1917 that he would automaticly saved France....

Don't vote for kerry's past, vote for his idea, his programm, his team...
No ?

padisha emperor said:
Happy that you like my avatar....this flag is so nice...probably because there is thae cross of France and the lys flowers of France ;)

Example : Philippe Pétain, Hero of Verdun, winner of THE battle, in 1917. So, french hero, he had been called to rule about france in may 1940..error, it was not because Pétain was great against Germany in 1917 that he would automaticly saved France....

No ?

Basically you are correct. Unfortunately, many voters are have trouble determining exactly what Kerry's program is. He has not taken the time to explain it clearly and concisely. His service record and the questions raised by his actions after his service leave his integrity open to question and his voting record as senator indicates that he is extremely liberal in his thinking. The problem for Kerry is that he has to appeal to what is called the swing vote. Swing voters (for the most part) are truly moderate.

padisha emperor said:

No ?

No. Kerry's past suggests a total lack of character and integrity. That tells me a great deal about how kerry will act in the future. He has spent his entire life as a professional liar and gigolo. Now he wants to present himself as the man who should lead this nation. Personally, I'm not buying the act.

padisha emperor, so far everyone that has spoken is either a republican or a neocon. The only reason we hear so much about Kerry's war record these days is because of one man, John O'Neill who is angry that Kerry won the argument 30 years ago.

If you want to learn about Kerry's plans, go to johnkerry.com, it lists all of his ideas in detail.

Palestinian Jew said:
padisha emperor, so far everyone that has spoken is either a republican or a neocon. The only reason we hear so much about Kerry's war record these days is because of one man, John O'Neill who is angry that Kerry won the argument 30 years ago.

If you want to learn about Kerry's plans, go to johnkerry.com, it lists all of his ideas in detail.

Kerry made his record a campaign issue. I dont see any plans on Kerry's website; just a lot of rhetoric. If he has a concrete plan, I would love to see it. Telling me he will create jobs without telling me how is useless to me.

Palestinian Jew said:

If John Kerry has a plan, why are the only words he ever seems to say "I served in Vietnam" Why is it you cant tell us what his plan is? Ive read John Kerry's site. He has alot of rhetoric. He says he will make things better and doesnt say how. Since we dont have a plan to make things better, we have to rely on what he has done in the past to determine whether we would want him leading us in the future. John Kerry's past is full of him being on the wrong side of the issues. If John Kerry had his way we'd still be fighting the cold war, atleast if we werent dead from a soviet invasion. One can survive being wrong all the time as a senator, but you cant as the President. one mistakes and millions are at risk.

Palestinian Jew said:

That is so friggin lame. Kerry can't open his mouth without the word Vietnam falling out of it. So now it's John O'Neill who started it all. So much for "reporting for duty" after he took Boston Harbor and gave his speech with his "band of brothers" on the ship of fools stage setup at the Reinvention Convention.......

Can I Paypal you a dollar so you can buy a clue?

Palestinian Jew said:

I have a better idea. Why don't YOU go to johnkerry.com, find his plan, copy and paste, then come back and let us know what it is.

Every time someone is asked about Kerry's plan, we get a link to johnkerry.com. If there is a plan there, find it.

I do not understand the attacks on Kerry's Vietnam record. It is amazing how the spin doctors work. Take a man who volunteered to go to war, was wounded and got purple hearts and make him seem less likeable to war veterans than the guy who defended Alabama against the Viet-Cong in an obsolete jet and his buddy who continuously got deferments. Listen to McCain and Bush himself - the guy was a deserving hero. It's disappointing to me to see people attack him like this. I thought military service was something we respected in this country. I understand not liking him for his actions when he got home - that is different. But it is exactly that DIFFERENT. He volunteered, period. I commend any American who does that. This makes my grandfather (WWII) sick to his stomach.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I do not understand the attacks on Kerry's Vietnam record. It is amazing how the spin doctors work. Take a man who volunteered to go to war, was wounded and got purple hearts and make him seem less likeable to war veterans than the guy who defended Alabama against the Viet-Cong in an obsolete jet and his buddy who continuously got deferments. Listen to McCain and Bush himself - the guy was a deserving hero. It's disappointing to me to see people attack him like this. I thought military service was something we respected in this country. I understand not liking him for his actions when he got home - that is different. But it is exactly that DIFFERENT. He volunteered, period. I commend any American who does that. This makes my grandfather (WWII) sick to his stomach.

My cousin served a full year in Vietnam (not 4 months) crawling around in the jungle. You know what made him sick to his stomach? The fact that a jackass sat in front of the senate and made it sound like every soldier in Vietnam was committing atrocities. It made him sick to his stomach when he finally came home and was spit on and called a baby killer because some jackass LIED!

Read John Kerry's book "Tour of Duty". Kerry himself contradicts many of the things he now claims and lets you know the real story. Like, for instance, when he volunteered for swift boat duty, it was largely a non combat position. By the time he was actually assigned, that duty had changed drastically.

Send me, indeed.

Jimmyeatworld said:
My cousin served a full year in Vietnam (not 4 months) crawling around in the jungle. You know what made him sick to his stomach? The fact that a jackass sat in front of the senate and made it sound like every soldier in Vietnam was committing atrocities. It made him sick to his stomach when he finally came home and was spit on and called a baby killer because some jackass LIED!

Read John Kerry's book "Tour of Duty". Kerry himself contradicts many of the things he now claims and lets you know the real story. Like, for instance, when he volunteered for swift boat duty, it was largely a non combat position. By the time he was actually assigned, that duty had changed drastically.

Send me, indeed.

I could not agree more.

By the way, does anybody else find this ironic?

After weeks of beginning every sentence with a reference to his service, Kerry takes the advise of the nations most famous draft dodger before he finally stops throwing Vietnam in everyone's face.

You gotta love presidential campaigns. :teeth:

MJDuncan1982 said:

These are not "spin doctors" as you claim. These are the people who have been there and done that. If anyone has a right to examine kerry's claims, it is his fellow veterans. They responded only after kerry attempted to wave his contrived "war record" in our faces and claim that it makes him more qualified to be president than Pres. Bush.

Liberal Democrats claim military service to be honorable only so long as using it suits their self-interests. Other military service, such as that performed by the SBVFT was performed, according to the leftists, by lying, scheming, baby killing, war-criminals whose only purpose is to defame "war hero" kerry.

For crying out loud, surely you are capable of exercising greater equanimity than you exhibit in this post. By now, unless one is blinded by ideology, even the most devoted liberal has cause to question the veracity of kerry's claims to heroism. Or will you continue to assert that 250 of kerry's fellow Swift Boat veterans are lying through their teeth and that the Republican campaign is secretly choreographing their criticism of kerry?

Sounds to me like you are in an industrial strength case of denial. A little objective assessment of the FACTS may cause you to take a different view. But as long as you rely solely on wishful thinking to shape your conclusions, you will never get any closer to the truth.

padisha emperor said:

No ?

That is exactly correct. So when we compare Bush's laid out ideas vs Kerry's we find that Bush has a plan and has stuck to it. He has a vision for the future of our country as well. Kerry has ideas but no plans to implement them. Plus with Kerry his ideas all depend on the day ou speak to him or the group that you are in. He tells catholics that life begins at conception and yet he tells abortion activists that abortion is legal. He tells car makers in Detroit that he owns 5 SUV's then he tells Environmentalists in California that he doesnt own any. He tells conservative people of the midwest that he'll only raise taxes on the Rich. Then he says that he considers the Rich to be any 1 household making over $150,000 to be rich.

Kerry isnt very truthful when he speaks. He looks at polls, he consults advisors, he hedges every word carefully so as not to piss off any one group of people. Thats not a leader. Thats a politician.

We need a leader in these times and thats what we have right now in George W. Bush.

Forum List

Back