Question about the Comptroller General of the GAO?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
People claim it's a non partisan group that monitors government spending. How can it be non partisan when the Comptroller General was appointed by obama in 2010?
Gene L. Dodaro became the eighth Comptroller General of the United States and head of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on December 22, 2010, when he was confirmed by the United States Senate. He was nominated by President Obama in September of 2010 and had been serving as Acting Comptroller General since March of 2008.
U.S. GAO - Gene L. Dodaro's Biography

What did you want him to do? NOT appoint one? :cuckoo:

The Comptroller General is appointed for a fifteen-year term by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of the Senate per 31 U.S.C. § 703. Also per 31 U.S.C. § 703 when the office of Comptroller General is to become vacant the current Comptroller General must appoint an executive or employee of the GAO to serve as the Acting Comptroller General until such time as a new Comptroller General is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

Comptroller General of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're unhappy with the setup, go blame Harding. He's the one that set the system up...in 1921.

The Comptroller General is appointed for a fifteen-year term by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of the Senate per 31 U.S.C. § 703. Also per 31 U.S.C. § 703 when the office of Comptroller General is to become vacant the current Comptroller General must appoint an executive or employee of the GAO to serve as the Acting Comptroller General until such time as a new Comptroller General is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

If you're unhappy with the setup, go blame Harding. He's the one that set the system up...in 1921.

Let's try a first ok?

Let's discuss this as adults.

Thats not my point, my point is how can anyone call the GAO non partisan when he has been appointed by the sitting president?

Let's try a first ok?

Thats not my point, my point is how can anyone call the GAO non partisan when he has been appointed by the sitting president?

Because he became acting comptroller in March 2008, while Bush was still president.

Seems to me if he was OK for Bush, and subsequently OK for Obama, thats about as close to non-partisan as you can get.

Let's try a first ok?

Because he became acting comptroller in March 2008, while Bush was still president.

Seems to me if he was OK for Bush, and subsequently OK for Obama, thats about as close to non-partisan as you can get.

OK he was acting comptroller but not appointed by Bush. Is there some reason why Bush did not appoint him?

Let's try a first ok?

OK he was acting comptroller but not appointed by Bush. Is there some reason why Bush did not appoint him?

Why did it take just as long for obama to appoint him?

Maybe obama worked a deal with him to have the numbers twik for the healthcare to allow congress to vote for and pass it.

"TWIIK THE NUMBERS AND i WILL APPOINT YOU."

Maybe obama worked a deal with him to have the numbers twik for the healthcare to allow congress to vote for and pass it.

Maybe aliens from mars abducted him and replaced him with a pod person too.

Let's talk as adults. Let's revisit the healthcare debate and review how people were supposed to vote but after talking behind closed doors with obama they changed their votes. Nebraska.

Do you remember that sweet deal Nebraska WAS GIVEN AND CHANGED THE VOTE TO GO OBAMA'S WAY?

Let's talk as adults. Let's revisit the healthcare debate and review how people were supposed to vote but after talking behind closed doors with obama they changed their votes. Nebraska.

Do you remember that sweet deal Nebraska WAS GIVEN AND CHANGED THE VOTE TO GO OBAMA'S WAY?

the comptroller runs nebraska now?

Is that your answer?

Any evidence at all of that?

My understanding is that these positions that are supposed to be non-partisan are a nightmare to fill They often have an acting guy for a while.

If your contention is that he is partisan, your best bet is to do the math yourself and show the estimates are indeed partisan. From my recollection though, the GAO hasn't hesitated to call "BULL$#!+" on either side of the divide. Some of their Healthcare numbers were down right embarrassing for Obama, as have been some of their budget results.

Is that your answer?

Is that your baseless accusation?

Why are you dancing? I didn't realize that you would do that.

Again Nebraska senator was going to vote no for obamacare until he had a talk with obama behind closed doors then all of that changed.
Same with the comptroller I suspect obama made him a deal he could not refuse.
"twik the numbers and I will appoint you to the position you now sit in."

Is that your answer?

Again Nebraska senator was going to vote no for obamacare until he had a talk with obama behind closed doors then all of that changed.

It would have been shorter if you just answered "yes".

Any evidence at all of that?

My understanding is that these positions that are supposed to be non-partisan are a nightmare to fill They often have an acting guy for a while.

If your contention is that he is partisan, your best bet is to do the math yourself and show the estimates are indeed partisan. From my recollection though, the GAO hasn't hesitated to call "BULL$#!+" on either side of the divide. Some of their Healthcare numbers were down right embarrassing for Obama, as have been some of their budget results.

Did obama appoint the "acting comptroller" to the "appointed comptroller" after the passing of obamacare?

I made my point now answer the question.

I made my point now answer the question.

not yet you haven't.

Forum List

Back