Question about severe back pain

So I've never really had any abnormal back pain beyond just aches and pains from work but this morning I woke up and the pain is unreal whenever I move. Especially when I try to sit, stand or bend over.

Is it possible to simply throw it out by sleeping in a bad position like can happen with your neck? And if so will it eventually return to normal sometime today?

Not sure if I should be concerned since I've never experienced this before.

alright, now that you have gotten all the advice i would have given you...

how are you feeling?

and

how old is your mattress?

A bit better. Still very sore but much looser. I was so stiff earlier it took forever just to sit on the toilet. (sorry for the visual) lol

Took Thursday off and not going back to work till Monday.

As for my bed, its about 3 months old. Paid a fortune and hate it. Sleep on the couch frequently now. Gave up my Sterns and Foster for one of those memory foam bed. Big mistake.

I gave up my Sleep Number bed (which I hated) for a memory foam from Costco (which I hated). Fortunately, Costco is awesome and took it back, no problem, many months later. Now I have a Sealy Posturepedic that is pretty good. But now I see that Costco is carrying Stearns & Foster at great prices. Hmmmm.....

I agree with Wry (gasp) on icing rather than heat. Icing will reduce swelling.

I agree with Sarah re: taking Motrin.

I also agree with whoever stated NOT to see a Chiro!

Hopefully you will read this before you go to a doc.
Ask about pain relief patches. They work wonders for lower back problems.
While there is nothing wrong with muscle relaxants, I am a firm believer in trying other methods before having to resort to RX meds. (although asking the Doc for backup muscle relaxers would be a good idea)

I am going to dx you over the web and say you probably need to build up muscle in your lower back. Ask the doc about that also.

I speak from experience, unfortunately.

GL!

Gasp, gasp. You agree with me?!! Rats, don't tell anyone, I'll be mortified.

Now, I agree no chiropractors, NSAIDs, Ice while lying on the back with pillows under the knees. Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) was my drug of need when spasms attacked. When the pain subsides light stretching by lying on the back and bringing both knees to the chest.

I too speak from experience and I eventually had surgery (laminectomy, 1991). No problems since (knock on wood).

Forum List

Back