Question about rep

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
What do the ribbons mean in someone's rep? I have been under the impression that the ribbons came from higher amounts of rep power. For example ... lots of ribbons here, red, blue and green. I've been thinking that when you get the right number of greens they are traded in for a blue, and then when you get the right number of blues they are traded in for a red ... or something along those lines

Senior_RepPower302.jpg

I ask because there is a new poster whom I have repped three times but who hasn't made it to a rep power of 1 yet. He has three ribbons though:

New_RepPower0.jpg

I started paying attention to his rep power because I was surprised that he was still at 0 in spite of my reps and in spite of several thanks from others (which might suggest they also repped him). What would those medals mean on someone with 0 rep power? I'm wondering if maybe that's a glitch and maybe related to why he hasn't gotten any rep power yet.

Here's an example from another new poster with less surprising stats - rep power of 1 and no ribbons:

New_RepPower1.jpg

• Banned
I repped another one of this particular person's posts and he got yet another ribbon, but he's still at 0 rep power. I do think there is something glitchy there.

Before - he has 14 little pips, so it looks like he only needs a little nudge to get a rep point:

New_RepPower0.jpg

After - a new green ribbon and only 1 pip. So he seems to be bumped to a new level as it looked like he would be, but still no increase in his rep count:

New_RepPower0b.jpg

Sorry bout that,

Hey lemme help yas........
1. I don't know why it would matter, the rep system is nothing but being a rep whore.
2. Now who would really want that?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back