Question about previous owners

Should the administrators put up a timeline/bio of USMB?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
First off, I'd like to say the present owners and operators of this board are much better than the losers who ran it in the first place. People like OCA, jimnyc, dmp, those guys just sucked. MtnBiker was the exception that proved the rule. Those bastards actually kicked me off this board and I will never forgive them. In fact, I think I'm going to go over to debatepolicy.org right now and neg rep jimnyc and dmp just because. Hold on...

OK, I'm back.

Second off, why did all the folks that used to run this board run off and start debatepolicy.org. All it is is a cheap rip off of this board. Hardly anyone uses it, this board gets much more traffic and there is almost always someone on it. Just curious.

First off, I'd like to say the present owners and operators of this board are much better than the losers who ran it in the first place. People like OCA, jimnyc, dmp, those guys just sucked. MtnBiker was the exception that proved the rule. Those bastards actually kicked me off this board and I will never forgive them. In fact, I think I'm going to go over to debatepolicy.org right now and neg rep jimnyc and dmp just because. Hold on...

OK, I'm back.

Second off, why did all the folks that used to run this board run off and start debatepolicy.org. All it is is a cheap rip off of this board. Hardly anyone uses it, this board gets much more traffic and there is almost always someone on it. Just curious.

Oh dear lord. I wish I had time to go through the whole story, but there are parts that I don't know. There are still some threads on it somewhere in this very sub forum. Use the search tool, shouldn't be hard to find.

• Banned

OK, I'm back.

Oh dear lord. I wish I had time to go through the whole story, but there are parts that I don't know. There are still some threads on it somewhere in this very sub forum. Use the search tool, shouldn't be hard to find.

Crimson - I was just kidding around about calling your state racist. It isn't any more racist than our state. I've got nothing against Bama the state. In fact my wife and I spent half our honeymoon in Mobile at the Grand. Great peaches, too. Alabama peaches are better than Georgia peaches.

But I do passionately hate Alabama football. Its how I was raised.

OK, I'm back.

Crimson - I was just kidding around about calling your state racist. It isn't any more racist than our state. I've got nothing against Bama the state. In fact my wife and I spent half our honeymoon in Mobile at the Grand. Great peaches, too. Alabama peaches are better than Georgia peaches.

You are damn right our peaches are better. :lol:

BTW, I have nothing but love for Louisana. Boudin, andouille, and muffalettas. You can't beat beat the food in that state. But, I have a set of genes that gives me a predetermined hatred for LSU football. (UT, Auburn, and Ole Miss are included as well) :D

Jimmy was the original owner of the board, but it has been bought and sold several times since. There was some drama, but we have buried it. So you will have

• Banned

You are damn right our peaches are better. :lol:

BTW, I have nothing but love for Louisana. Boudin, andouille, and muffalettas. You can't beat beat the food in that state. But, I have a set of genes that gives me a predetermined hatred for LSU football. (UT, Auburn, and Ole Miss are included as well) :D

Jimmy was the original owner of the board, but it has been bought and sold several times since. There was some drama, but we have buried it. So you will have

Well that's great, we love each other's states and hate each other's football, so every thing's exactly the way its supposed to be!

So the board has gone through multiple owners since? Well they were all better than jimmy, that dude sucked.

OK, I'm back.

Jim was in a bind and sold the board. The person he sold it to didn't have clue one. He goosestepped in and immediately began making wholesale changes. Those of us that had been around awhile didn't like them. Jim created DP as a result, feeling he'd screwed everyone over.

I'm not sure how the entire story went, but the staff was accused of reading PMs, and the staff would not deny they were reading PMs, and in fact attempted to defend the staff's right to read PMs. Whatever was left here, left THEN.

The board went to shit. It was down to 300-500 posts a day and about 10-20 contributors. It was not the fault of the members; IMO, rather the owner.

The owner bailed and Scott bought the board with the idea of merging it with DP. Jim let him plead his case on DP, then told him no. As I understood, Scott would allow Jim back as an admin, but not owner. Some of us came back to give Scott a shot. The board struggled along for awhile, was sold again, then again. Manuel, the last owner, really revamped it and did a lot of advertising and it built back up. The current owner, DanK, unlike the first buyer of the board, bought it and didn't try to fix what isn't broken.

That would be where it stands at present. This concludes today's USMB history lesson.:lol:

• Banned

OK, I'm back.

Jim was in a bind and sold the board. The person he sold it to didn't have clue one. He goosestepped in and immediately began making wholesale changes. Those of us that had been around awhile didn't like them. Jim created DP as a result, feeling he'd screwed everyone over.

I'm not sure how the entire story went, but the staff was accused of reading PMs, and the staff would not deny they were reading PMs, and in fact attempted to defend the staff's right to read PMs. Whatever was left here, left THEN.

The board went to shit. It was down to 300-500 posts a day and about 10-20 contributors. It was not the fault of the members; IMO, rather the owner.

The owner bailed and Scott bought the board with the idea of merging it with DP. Jim let him plead his case on DP, then told him no. As I understood, Scott would allow Jim back as an admin, but not owner. Some of us came back to give Scott a shot. The board struggled along for awhile, was sold again, then again. Manuel, the last owner, really revamped it and did a lot of advertising and it built back up. The current owner, DanK, unlike the first buyer of the board, bought it and didn't try to fix what isn't broken.

That would be where it stands at present. This concludes today's USMB history lesson.:lol:

WOW - USMB - more liquid than the U.S. Stock Market.

Well the board kicks ass now so the current owner is doing a great job.

Well I think Jim is a good guy.You are right about OCA, oh and shut the fuck up you whiny knob end.

Well I think Jim is a good guy.You are right about OCA, oh and shut the fuck up you whiny knob end.

Actually I think it was OCA who convinced Jim to kick me off. But OCA isn't on debatepolicy, not that I could find, so I couldn't neg rep him.

I think he got fired. Seems that I remember jimmy taking his mod powers away and OCA quit posting. I'm not sure why that guy was ever a mod in the first place.

OK, I'm back.

That's fasinating! I'm really interested in hearing more about this board history if long time posters would be willing to make threads about it. Maybe a new forum just about USMB history would be interesting...

just a thought...

Actually I think it was OCA who convinced Jim to kick me off. But OCA isn't on debatepolicy, not that I could find, so I couldn't neg rep him.

I didn't remember you getting kicked off. I was under the impression you had just quit posting here of your own accord.

I didn't remember you getting kicked off. I was under the impression you had just quit posting here of your own accord.

Ha! Of course you were, because I couldn't get back on to say I was kicked off. No, they booted me. That OCA prick led the charge. Back in those days there were only righties and cruise missile leftists, I was the only real liberal and he hated my guts. His only positive attribute is that his avatar is accurate in that Pauli is the biggest prick on the Sopranos.

I remember getting banned back in the day when it was like the third Reich around here. A regular bastion of hannity-like conservatives. I don't recall the time frame but it was quite a sea change when I was invited back. I'm sure there are many lessons to consider when looking at the history of the forum. I agree, a site bio or time line would be very interesting.

I remember getting banned back in the day when it was like the third Reich around here. A regular bastion of hannity-like conservatives. I don't recall the time frame but it was quite a sea change when I was invited back. I'm sure there are many lessons to consider when looking at the history of the forum. I agree, a site bio or time line would be very interesting.

I agree. Put up a site bio and timeline admins!

This was prompted by Shogun's suggestion on another thread. This board has changed so many owners so many times and gone through regimes that were more oppressive than the 3rd Reich to ones like the one we have now were there really is free speech and privacy. So it would be cool to see a short synopsis somewhere on the board itself as a feature of the board.

Make Kittenkoder do it. HAZE HER LIKE A FRAT BOY!

AFTER THAT you are sitting on an ice block until you melt all the way through it, koder! you and your little mac too!

Maybe we should have a truth and reconciliation commission as well. Are there any active posters on here who used to be active members of one of the older, repressive regimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back