Question about post count

It says I have 10,180 posts (including this one), but I can only find 10,163 (not counting this one). The others must be the ones EZ deleted (read "moderated").
My sister is so hard on me.

Idle curiosity.

What factors into post counts? Publius_Maximus' profile says he has 176 posts at this point. Only 169 show on the board. They're all in this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...d-liberal-just-like-our-founding-fathers.html

That leaves 7 posts unaccounted for. Do PM's or VM's or other input contribute to post counts?

ssshh... you are talking about mod actions.... they put them in the super secret vault that on one is supposed to know about!

Publidude II (The Sequel :eek: ) had several posts end up in the trash. Posts not hard deleted remain in the count. Outside of full on spammers, few and far between are the posts that are hard deleted.

In short, your trash counts in your average - post wisely, Grasshopper.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2yIkDVs0cA]The Beginning of Wisdom - YouTube[/ame]

It says I have 10,180 posts (including this one), but I can only find 10,163 (not counting this one). The others must be the ones EZ deleted (read "moderated").

I think you miscounted. I found 10,164 posts which included the one with the gif of the guy kicking the cat.

There's a fun exercise.... determine who has the most posts in the trash.
And.... Go!​
Some people delete their own posts. There were several threads devoted to punishing one poster who did this routinely in the Flame zone this past year. Are such posts still counted?

I think you miscounted. I found 10,164 posts which included the one with the gif of the guy kicking the cat.

The 10,164 included the first post in this thread.

You and a few others sure seemed to think that cat kicking was something I advocated when it was anything but that. Near to two years later and you still bring it up as if I was promoting it. :confused:

And.... Go!​
Some people delete their own posts. There were several threads devoted to punishing one poster who did this routinely in the Flame zone this past year. Are such posts still counted?

As near as I can tell from my now several days viewing the board from the Mod Control Panel, such posts are counted in total post count.
EDIT - Wrong info - keep reading.

:eusa_shhh: And Mods can click on them to see them.

Last edited:
And.... Go!​

As near as I can tell from my now several days viewing the board from the Mod Control Panel, such posts are counted in total post count.

I am so going to start posting everything 5 times and deleting the first 4.

And.... Go!​

OK. That makes sense now. Thanks, AVG-JOE.

Test post successful and I must stand corrected and educated.

If you delete a post as part of the edit function it comes off of your count.

These are different than posts that are "moved to the trash". Those appear to still count.

With some things, life offers do-overs, but not if you post something that a Mod needs to move to the trash.

LOL! That'll keep the mods busy!

:eusa_shifty: Did anyone else just get the strangest blast of De ja vu? Weird! :eek:

LOL! That'll keep the mods busy!

You have no idea how busy I keep the mods.
I make all kinds of rancid posts, then report my own post telling the mods to delete it.
del has figured out my little game and tells me to piss off, but the rest still fall for it.

Test post successful and I must stand corrected and educated.

If you delete a post as part of the edit function it comes off of your count.

These are different than posts that are "moved to the trash". Those appear to still count.

With some things, life offers do-overs, but not if you post something that a Mod needs to move to the trash.

Hard delete as opposed to soft delete. Be careful and make sure you push the right buttons.

:)

Forum List

Back