Question about PMs

OK, so I'm new to being active on this site and I just went to clear my inbox and when I check all, they were colored and "Moderated" came up.

Does that mean that the mods read PMs?

Of course the mods don't read your PMs! That would be silly.

Your PMs are read by a review board of normal supporting USMB members...currently there are 5 members with an additional open seat.

We sit around and drink beers while we laugh about what is written. Occasionally, we turn in your PMs to the FBI if we feel that there is anything "questionable" or "matter's of national security".

Mock, but I've seen it done on other sites.

Have you? Or have you just heard a lot of posters opining that mods read PM's?

If you have a legitimate basis to say something like this, let's hear it.

Your PMs are read by a review board of normal supporting USMB members...currently there are 5 members with an additional open seat.

We sit around and drink beers while we laugh about what is written. Occasionally, we turn in your PMs to the FBI if we feel that there is anything "questionable" or "matter's of national security".

Eh, old news, but I just thought I'd ask.

As for basis, there were conversations that I had with one person, but the mods would make comments to me that would have had NO WAY of knowing unless they did. It's the only answer that I came to because that one person I trusted without reservation.

So, just being cautious....:lol:

Staff does have the ability to read PM's. The board software does have that option installed.

To be honest with you, before this thread, I had no idea you existed, so I cannot think of a single reason why your PM's would be read anyway.

Staff does have the ability to read PM's. The board software does have that option installed.

To be honest with you, before this thread, I had no idea you existed, so I cannot think of a single reason why your PM's would be read anyway.

Thank you.

Other boards drama is not wanted nor appreciated here. I could care less what another board does or does not do. And I suspect the mods agree.

OK, so I'm new to being active on this site and I just went to clear my inbox and when I check all, they were colored and "Moderated" came up.

I don't know but I DO like yer' avitar. Repped and now enjoying post avitar cigarette.

:smoke:

you're not supposed to tell!

sheesh!

you're not supposed to tell!

sheesh!

No more juicy PMs for you. :eusa_whistle:

Question about PMs
It's that 3-5 day portion of each month that wise men have learned to spend quietly watching tv, hunting, camping, or fishing.
Anything so as to not give her any reason to demonstrate her destructive capabilities.

:lol:

Other boards drama is not wanted nor appreciated here. I could care less what another board does or does not do. And I suspect the mods agree.

Talk to Frank, cupcake - he's the one that introduced "other sites" into the conversation.

Forum List

Back