Question about our Allies in the Mid East

Mar 18, 2004
Does, let's say, Jordan, want us to succeed in Iraq? If we fail, there is a huge threat to the likes of Jordan and Kuwait. But if we succeed... we have a democracy as an example to the Jordanian people.

What does Jordan want? That's why I'm so "iffy" about Saudi Arabia asking to send troops to Iraq. Will they help achieve a democracy there? How can Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Yemen, Egypt, Pakistan, etc... how can they REFORM to democracies while keeping their current leaders in a situation where they won'tbe overthrown or lose power? Is it possible to have a "ruling family" and elected officials?

preemptingyou03 said:
Does, let's say, Jordan, want us to succeed in Iraq? If we fail, there is a huge threat to the likes of Jordan and Kuwait. But if we succeed... we have a democracy as an example to the Jordanian people.

What does Jordan want? That's why I'm so "iffy" about Saudi Arabia asking to send troops to Iraq. Will they help achieve a democracy there? How can Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Yemen, Egypt, Pakistan, etc... how can they REFORM to democracies while keeping their current leaders in a situation where they won'tbe overthrown or lose power? Is it possible to have a "ruling family" and elected officials?

I don't think so. It's the domino theory writ large. In the end, that is what Iraq means.

Forum List

Back