Question about Noah.

It all began with a BIG BANG. Everything was concentrated into an area the size of a pin head. Something unknown caused a huge explosion. Everything flew off in random directions. Why some planets rev.olve in opposite directions is unexplained as well. Where the energy that caused the Big Bang came into being in the first place is also unexplained. By chance, one world came out of the Bang and was able to sustain life. This life sprang from inorganic material. The evolution religion proclaims all life came from a rock. Christians claim an intelligent God created all life as well as everything else. Now, I must ask you: Is Eve your mother or is a rock your mother?
It's possible that when a black hole gets too full, it explodes into another universe by ripping the fabric of time/space and creating a new one with a big bang. Could be very common, given the number of black holes in this universe.

It's possible, could be, might be?????

You can't even explain your own answer? :lol:
You asked me to explain. What part do you not understand: 'people', 'different', 'races', 'look', 'different'? You want a link to a dictionary or something?
I see you are taking a while. To save you some time searching: Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online
obviously its the 'why' that's giving him the most trouble.....
Randy asked a question that he couldn't answer himself. Why do people look different? Without looking it up scientifically, I'd say that a) evolution, and b) some kinds of variables in each species genes? Is there another answer?
if you already knew the answer, why ask it?......the problem seems to be that you don't realize Christians have no problem recognizing that evolution explains why we have both yellow and blue butterflies and Swedes as well as Samoans.......the silly part comes in when you folks try to say that evolution means human beings and lemurs have a common ancestor.......(or that they WERE our ancestor)......
Just noticed this reply. I have been ignoring this thread as it seems to have petered out. I do not think evolution or adaptation explains different appearances of ethnic groups. Sure it explains non-furry elephants because of temperature, different colored moth[es] because of bark color, different colored squirrels on different sides of the Rio Grande but what what were people evolving or adapting from to give different facial features?

If you are trying to be funny, it's not working. Some creationists actually believe the argument for evolution is that one spieces will give birth to another spieces.
well somebody has to give birth to the first that qualifies as a new species......and logically, the mother of the first of a new species has to be a different species......
This is the unfortunate result of YEC'ists getting their science from fundamentalist Christian madrassah's.

Unlike in the fundamentalist worldview where magic and supernaturalism are the source of instant humans, talking snakes and other such absurdities, biology works differently. New species don't happen instantly, or by magic, or by the birth of a new species. BTW fundie boy, you can't even correctly spell "spieces" let alone define what that is.

For the science illiterate / YEC'ists, evolution is defined as change in populations over time. The time frames are typically geologic, not magically overnight. In spite of your revulsion for science and in spite of attempts to define biological science as some grand, worldwide conspiracy, evolution remains incontestably the basis for any credible explanation for the diversity in living species.

The fact is, it doesn’t make any difference what the personal beliefs of thumpers is regarding evolutionary science. It’s the strength of the theory that extremist Christian nut-bars take issue with. The theory of evolution has only been better supported and confirmed as the methods of scientific testing have become more exacting. I’ve always found it laughable that creationist spend such enormous amounts of time and energy attacking Charles Darwin as a cover for their wholly inadequate appeals to gawds and supernaturalism.
is that a long winded way of saying that you aren't smart enough to see the obvious?.....if something is a new species, no thing was ever that species before....if its parent was not of a different species, then its parent would have been the first of that new species instead.......

Well no, the bible doesn't say that. Christians just don't know how to read, and Atheists are to caught up trolling Christians to consider the truth. Here's a point-by-point breakdown of what the bible says: Yes Noah s Flood May Have Happened But Not Over the Whole Earth NCSE

Anyway, I think this is a bait thread so since I'm not your target audience a link to the truth is all I have to say about this topic.
From your link: "The Bible (Genesis 6–9) describes a worldwide flood (the Noachian Flood) covering even the highest mountains of the earth". So the bible describes a worldwide flood.

are you a bible literalist like Hollie?......
Is there a general agreement between Christians that the bible isn't true? I'm mean, if you're saying that the world wasn't made in 6 days, no flood, no talking snake... then you probably aren't a Christian.
thank god that's up to God and not to you.......because you're dumber than a stump......
That's all you've got? Name calling? Because your bible only works if the flood wasn't global? And didn't kill all humans except for Noah and his peeps? And let's you cherry pick a little bit of evolution?
aw shucks......you tell me I'm not a real Christian and you're worried about a little name calling?.......atheists are supposed to be rational......obviously you're then, not a real atheist......

Randy asked a question that he couldn't answer himself. Why do people look different? Without looking it up scientifically, I'd say that a) evolution, and b) some kinds of variables in each species genes? Is there another answer?
if you already knew the answer, why ask it?......the problem seems to be that you don't realize Christians have no problem recognizing that evolution explains why we have both yellow and blue butterflies and Swedes as well as Samoans.......the silly part comes in when you folks try to say that evolution means human beings and lemurs have a common ancestor.......(or that they WERE our ancestor)......
wtf.....you've never heard of mitochondrial eve?.......
will you consider Scientific American to be a credible source.....here's an article about DNA studies about both the genetic Adam and the genetic Eve....
Genetic Adam and Eve did not live too far apart in time Nature News Comment
From your link: "this Adam was by no means the only man alive at his time." How do you explain this?
drowning.......
So when Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, there were already other people on earth? Ummm. no.
......what on earth are you going on about......Adam and Eve had left Eden before the flood.......
I asked: From your link: "this Adam was by no means the only man alive at his time." How do you explain this?
And you said "drowning". What I'm asking is when god kicked adam and eve out of eden, were there already people on earth when they got there?
1) this may be difficult for you to comprehend, even though we're in a thread about Noah......they may call them the genetic Adam and Eve in the Scientific American article, but in the context of this discussion it should be obvious we are discussing Noah and his wife, not the biblical Adam and Eve......
2) so when I said drowning I was referring to the folks who weren't with Noah and his family...
3) thus, you question was nonsensical......

From your link: "The Bible (Genesis 6–9) describes a worldwide flood (the Noachian Flood) covering even the highest mountains of the earth". So the bible describes a worldwide flood.

Is there a general agreement between Christians that the bible isn't true? I'm mean, if you're saying that the world wasn't made in 6 days, no flood, no talking snake... then you probably aren't a Christian.
thank god that's up to God and not to you.......because you're dumber than a stump......
That's all you've got? Name calling? Because your bible only works if the flood wasn't global? And didn't kill all humans except for Noah and his peeps? And let's you cherry pick a little bit of evolution?
aw shucks......you tell me I'm not a real Christian and you're worried about a little name calling?.......atheists are supposed to be rational......obviously you're then, not a real atheist......
I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against a god.
It must be hard for you to get stumped on these bible related questions. Maybe you should go ask someone...

From your link: "this Adam was by no means the only man alive at his time." How do you explain this?
drowning.......
So when Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, there were already other people on earth? Ummm. no.
......what on earth are you going on about......Adam and Eve had left Eden before the flood.......
I asked: From your link: "this Adam was by no means the only man alive at his time." How do you explain this?
And you said "drowning". What I'm asking is when god kicked adam and eve out of eden, were there already people on earth when they got there?
1) this may be difficult for you to comprehend, even though we're in a thread about Noah......they may call them the genetic Adam and Eve in the Scientific American article, but in the context of this discussion it should be obvious we are discussing Noah and his wife, not the biblical Adam and Eve......
2) so when I said drowning I was referring to the folks who weren't with Noah and his family...
Your link said that there were other people alive during Adam and Eve's time. Like, aside from their children, how is that possible? Stumped again? :D

You asked me to explain. What part do you not understand: 'people', 'different', 'races', 'look', 'different'? You want a link to a dictionary or something?
I see you are taking a while. To save you some time searching: Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online
Just noticed this reply. I have been ignoring this thread as it seems to have petered out. I do not think evolution or adaptation explains different appearances of ethnic groups. Sure it explains non-furry elephants because of temperature, different colored moth[es] because of bark color, different colored squirrels on different sides of the Rio Grande but what what were people evolving or adapting from to give different facial features?
breeding in isolation from others reinforces certain physical characteristics.....for example, the Watusis and the pygmies were not that far apart geographically (at least relative to the Swedes and the Samoans), but there was little interbreeding between the tribes, thus they moved in different genetic directions......

through selective breeding we ended up with both Yorkshire terriers and wolfhounds over only a thousand years or so.......

It must be hard for you to get stumped on these bible related questions. Maybe you should go ask someone...
I certainly won't be asking someone who thinks being a Christian hinges on believing in a 6000 year old earth....by that standard, even Hollie would be a Christian.......

drowning.......
Your link said that there were other people alive during Adam and Eve's time. Like, aside from their children, how is that possible? Stumped again? :D
no, my link said there were other people alive during the genetic-Adam and the genetic-Eve's time.......that has nothing at all to do with the biblical Adam and the biblical Eve.......you're a bit slow on this, aren't you.....

drowning.......

Adam means 'man'. The story in Genesis may have been formatted so that a single character, named Adam (man) is in reality the story of mankind. If this is true, we can consider other possibilities. Adam was the first tribe, and from Adam, other tribes split off. If this were the case, we see the tribe of Cain who settled and farmed the land. The tribe of Able were those who became shepherds and roamed from place to place. In those times of no fences, it is easy to imagine the anger that occurred when sheep, goats, and cattle wandered into cultivated land and ate the crops. It could have led to the first war, and the shepherds were killed.

I am not saying this IS what happened, merely a different perception of Genesis that could answer questions about why there seems more people about than just members of one family.

no, my link said there were other people alive during the genetic-Adam and the genetic-Eve's time.......that has nothing at all to do with the biblical Adam and the biblical Eve.......you're a bit slow on this, aren't you.....
So there was no garden of eden and no adam and eve made by god and who got thrown out of eden? I thought we were discussing bible related stuff. Not evolution.

If you are trying to be funny, it's not working. Some creationists actually believe the argument for evolution is that one spieces will give birth to another spieces.
well somebody has to give birth to the first that qualifies as a new species......and logically, the mother of the first of a new species has to be a different species......
This is the unfortunate result of YEC'ists getting their science from fundamentalist Christian madrassah's.

Unlike in the fundamentalist worldview where magic and supernaturalism are the source of instant humans, talking snakes and other such absurdities, biology works differently. New species don't happen instantly, or by magic, or by the birth of a new species. BTW fundie boy, you can't even correctly spell "spieces" let alone define what that is.

For the science illiterate / YEC'ists, evolution is defined as change in populations over time. The time frames are typically geologic, not magically overnight. In spite of your revulsion for science and in spite of attempts to define biological science as some grand, worldwide conspiracy, evolution remains incontestably the basis for any credible explanation for the diversity in living species.

The fact is, it doesn’t make any difference what the personal beliefs of thumpers is regarding evolutionary science. It’s the strength of the theory that extremist Christian nut-bars take issue with. The theory of evolution has only been better supported and confirmed as the methods of scientific testing have become more exacting. I’ve always found it laughable that creationist spend such enormous amounts of time and energy attacking Charles Darwin as a cover for their wholly inadequate appeals to gawds and supernaturalism.
is that a long winded way of saying that you aren't smart enough to see the obvious?.....if something is a new species, no thing was ever that species before....if its parent was not of a different species, then its parent would have been the first of that new species instead.......
Actually, the definition I gave you is the accurate description of evolution.

New species don't appear "like magic' which is your only reference as a YEC'ist. Speciation is a long transitional process with both successes and utter dead ends. The problem you have understanding this are the geologic time frames for speciation to occur, where your bible tales are in timescales of a few thousand years.

I certainly won't be asking someone who thinks being a Christian hinges on believing in a 6000 year old earth....by that standard, even Hollie would be a Christian.......
You have difficulty with a consistent argument so it's not surprising that you're perpetually befuddled that literal interpretations of biblical tales and fables such as supernatural creations of man and women and magical Arks certainly identified you as a YEC'ist.

So, among your three gods, was there more than one *poofing* people into existence.

breeding in isolation from others reinforces certain physical characteristics.....for example, the Watusis and the pygmies were not that far apart geographically (at least relative to the Swedes and the Samoans), but there was little interbreeding between the tribes, thus they moved in different genetic directions......

through selective breeding we ended up with both Yorkshire terriers and wolfhounds over only a thousand years or so.......
Was that a slightest opening for a rant. Good enough. I am running with it.

God seems to put things out there on a find line between explainable and/or coincidence and non-explainable and/or beyond coincidence. Take DNA for example, or evolution, or the Bible, or blood moons, solar eclipses, morality, life itself, and the list goes on and on. Case in point, ethnic physical features; could be explainable or could be the hand of God. I am going with the hand of God on this one. I could be completely wrong, or perhaps only partially wrong. This is how my worldview comes down: practically every miracle, for lack of a better word, I have experienced has been somewhere on the explainable/coincidence, EC, spectrum. I take each EC event with enough of a EC significance and I put it on the little EC graph in my head graphed by date and science-vs-God probability. (OK, I am not quite that systematic, but perhaps pretty close.) After a while there is just so much stuff in the recent/high God probability quadrant that accepting God falls squarely into Occam's razor. I also said, 'practically every miracle'. Even if I had a whole week of two dozen or more EC events crammed in the 'probably God' corner I still would not do something as crazy as start cramming my head full of Old Testament and preaching like there was no tomorrow on the religious forum of the message board. I am a news and political junkie by nature, or at least I used to be. It would take enough unquestionable God EC events that I walk around with the fear that God is going to wack me with the slightest misstep to get me to do something like that. Well, here I am.

So there was no garden of eden and no adam and eve made by god and who got thrown out of eden? I thought we were discussing bible related stuff. Not evolution.
dude......look at the title of the thread......we are not talking about the garden of eden.....get back on track.......

Actually, the definition I gave you is the accurate description of evolution.

New species don't appear "like magic' which is your only reference as a YEC'ist. Speciation is a long transitional process with both successes and utter dead ends. The problem you have understanding this are the geologic time frames for speciation to occur, where your bible tales are in timescales of a few thousand years.
there's either a first of a new species or there's no new species.....make your choice.....

You have difficulty with a consistent argument so it's not surprising that you're perpetually befuddled that literal interpretations of biblical tales and fables such as supernatural creations of man and women and magical Arks certainly identified you as a YEC'ist.
no, dumbfuck.....it does not......the fact you've been pretending I am a young earther for the last four months makes me nothing other than the target of your lies.......

no, dumbfuck.....it does not......the fact you've been pretending I am a young earther for the last four months makes me nothing other than the target of your lies.......
It seems a bit dishonest on your part to hold a literalist view of supernatural gardens, magical Arks, talking snakes, etc., and deny you're a YEC'ist.

Forum List

Back