Question about Noah.

The word flood is מַבּוּל mabbuwl, which also means deluge ...

That being said, I agree that there are many levels of meanings to the story of Noah that go over the heads of people who get all hung up on kangaroos.

and people that reference the vocabulary of an unverified book to give their own special insight into a meaning for a universal religion that would be self decipherable if authentic and void of requiring personalized interpretation.

if it were the same flood who wrote all the different stories ...

very funny.

that's not a joke hobelim, who would have recorded the flood from different parts of the planet if it were the same flood as referenced where all were killed but one small group of people - the knowledge of that flood would not exist as those few survivors were not in the locations you have addressed. - there would be no recording at all if true.

the meaning of Noah's parable is what is real just as many openly known aspects of antiquity's lore are real what is phony are those people that knowingly misconstrue them for their own personal gain, christians and others through their written documents.

The many hundred flood myths are from many different places and diverse regions from all over the planet. Obviously there were survivors in these different places who told the story of the flood and inserted their own superstitious explanations. Some survived by climbing trees or floating on logs or makeshift rafts. What they described was all the same. A sudden burst of torrential rain and superstorms that lasted for weeks and swept away towns and villages drowning almost everyone, even in the middle of the deserts ..

Look what happened in Houston after only 6 days of torrential rain. Use your imagination in a rational way and just think for a minute what would have happened worldwide after 40 days of torrential rain far worse than that.

Like I said the only natural explanation would be a meteor impact over a large body of water that would have instantly vaporized a months worth of torrential rain into the atmosphere not to mention the immediate and devastating effect on coastal communities from mega tsunamis encircling the globe..

Still this doesn't mean that an extraterrestrial force wasn't involved by nudging a big rock in earths direction because people had degenerated into orcs or something.

Last edited:
"The author of any fairy tale has a teaching in mind."

And the fact that two different people can look at a fairy tale and garner two different, even contradictory meanings shows that we often take away what we want from fairy tales, art, etc. Surely you agree that people manage to co-opt religious texts to suit their own neuroses and fetishes. I mean, surely you do not think it is coincidence that religious people always seem to find justification for their own bad behavior in their religious texts.

Of course I agree that "people manage to co-opt religious texts to suit their own neuroses and fetishes"..and "religious people always seem to find justification for their own bad behavior in their religious texts" .

Thats another ball of wax.

Anyway what better way to sweep the world clean once and for all from of all of these religious charlatans than to make clear what the teaching from God preserved by the authors and compelled into the future actually is...

the power in that liberating knowledge being given back to the people would forever change the landscape of the world as completely as Noah's flood.

the celestial powers will be shaken, stars will fall from the sky, mountains will be swept clean away, valleys will be lifted up, and a new heaven and earth will emerge from the ashes of the old.

Of course the chances are that I am just another screwball.
I admit, I am not one to ascribe deep, hidden meanings to the stories in religious texts. The moral of the Noah story is to fear God. Period. And people take that story very literally in that sense. They use it to undermine our scientific knowledge, by saying God can undo it all whenever the urge strikes Him. They insist scientists are all incompetent or are all liars, when our scientific knowledge contradicts the veracity of these fairy tales. You can watch that happen here on a daily basis.

You are going about it the wrong way.

Using scientific knowledge to refute the veracity of scripture is like using scientific knowledge to refute the veracity of Pinocchio.

You would do better just pointing out the teaching and moral of the story than to cite scientific facts to argue with someone as insane, feeble minded, or deliberately deceptive as any person who would profess to believe that puppets can come to life or little boys can be turned into donkeys for life because it says so in the book..
Not sure what planet you are living on, but on this one, people insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales. And yes, we must stand our ground when they use this belief to undermine our hard-earned knowledge. I have no interest whatsoever in litigating the morality or hidden meanings of those fairy tales. I guess I will leave that to you. ;)

However many people there may be who insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales there is not one person living on this planet with a second grade education who actually believes that a triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father. No one believes that a deranged child rapist was a holy man and the greatest prophet of God. No one believes that God gives a crap about what you eat for dinner.

It is all pretense.

Like I said only the feeble minded, the insane, deceivers, or the deceived would profess such absurdities.

The number of deceived far outnumber the ones doing the deceiving.

The only reason anyone can deceived another person about the meaning of scripture at all is because the intended teaching still remains hidden.

Only the revealed truth can free the deceived from the captivity of the deceiver.

When the truth is known no one can be fooled and deception has no power, even over a child.

Don't just stand your ground. Be a little militant. You would do better making the case that people who would make such preposterous claims and profess ridiculous beliefs that contradict well known proven scientific facts about reality are unfit to hold any public office or position of authority that requires the public trust and should be banned from owning guns, working with children and operating heavy machinery by reason of insanity, non compos mentis.

Otherwise they might try to establish laws and customs that reflect their perverse views of the world, criminalize intelligent thought, plunge the world into unrelenting state of war, and we'd end up with millions of people incarcerated over bullshit and a complete moron will arise to blindly lead us to complete destruction.

Wouldn't that be fucked up.
"However many people there may be who insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales there is not one person living on this planet with a second grade education who actually believes that a triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father.

Uh... yes there are. Or, at least they claim to believe it.: Most Americans believe in Jesus’ virgin birth

"
73%

Most U.S. adults believe Jesus was born of a virgin, including one-third of Americans with no specific religious affiliation."

And the same goes for the other magical nonsense in the Bible.

That being said, I agree that there are many levels of meanings to the story of Noah that go over the heads of people who get all hung up on kangaroos.

and people that reference the vocabulary of an unverified book to give their own special insight into a meaning for a universal religion that would be self decipherable if authentic and void of requiring personalized interpretation.

very funny.

that's not a joke hobelim, who would have recorded the flood from different parts of the planet if it were the same flood as referenced where all were killed but one small group of people - the knowledge of that flood would not exist as those few survivors were not in the locations you have addressed. - there would be no recording at all if true.

the meaning of Noah's parable is what is real just as many openly known aspects of antiquity's lore are real what is phony are those people that knowingly misconstrue them for their own personal gain, christians and others through their written documents.

The many hundred flood myths are from many different places and diverse regions from all over the planet. Obviously there were survivors in these different places who told the story of the flood and inserted their own superstitious explanations. Some survived by climbing trees or floating on logs or makeshift rafts. What they described was all the same. A sudden burst of torrential rain and superstorms that lasted for weeks and swept away towns and villages drowning almost everyone, even in the middle of the deserts ..

Look what happened in Houston after only 6 days of torrential rain. Use your imagination in a rational way and just think for a minute what would have happened worldwide after 40 days of torrential rain far worse than that.

Like I said the only natural explanation would be a meteor impact over a large body of water that would have instantly vaporized a months worth of torrential rain into the atmosphere not to mention the immediate and devastating effect on coastal communities from mega tsunamis encircling the globe..

Still this doesn't mean that an extraterrestrial force wasn't involved by nudging a big rock in earths direction because people had degenerated into orcs or something.
I don't think that what you are suggesting re: rain is even possible, even with a meteor strike,. the atmosphere simply cannot hld that much water. A hurricane is able to drop that much water in one place only because a) it hovered in one spot for a while, and b) was being replenished constantly by ocean water and by surrounding areas that were NOT dropping precipitation.

Obviously there were survivors in these different places who told the story of the flood and inserted their own superstitious explanations.

you go to far, the Almighty had made the decision Noah's group were the last reaming that represented the correct Triumph for humanities readmission your indiscretion negates the very religion the desert religions are based on.

there would be no recordings by anyone else for that flood to have occurred for the stated reason. is nonnegotiable ...

Of course I agree that "people manage to co-opt religious texts to suit their own neuroses and fetishes"..and "religious people always seem to find justification for their own bad behavior in their religious texts" .

Thats another ball of wax.

Anyway what better way to sweep the world clean once and for all from of all of these religious charlatans than to make clear what the teaching from God preserved by the authors and compelled into the future actually is...

the power in that liberating knowledge being given back to the people would forever change the landscape of the world as completely as Noah's flood.

the celestial powers will be shaken, stars will fall from the sky, mountains will be swept clean away, valleys will be lifted up, and a new heaven and earth will emerge from the ashes of the old.

Of course the chances are that I am just another screwball.
I admit, I am not one to ascribe deep, hidden meanings to the stories in religious texts. The moral of the Noah story is to fear God. Period. And people take that story very literally in that sense. They use it to undermine our scientific knowledge, by saying God can undo it all whenever the urge strikes Him. They insist scientists are all incompetent or are all liars, when our scientific knowledge contradicts the veracity of these fairy tales. You can watch that happen here on a daily basis.

Using scientific knowledge to refute the veracity of scripture is like using scientific knowledge to refute the veracity of Pinocchio.

You would do better just pointing out the teaching and moral of the story than to cite scientific facts to argue with someone as insane, feeble minded, or deliberately deceptive as any person who would profess to believe that puppets can come to life or little boys can be turned into donkeys for life because it says so in the book..
Not sure what planet you are living on, but on this one, people insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales. And yes, we must stand our ground when they use this belief to undermine our hard-earned knowledge. I have no interest whatsoever in litigating the morality or hidden meanings of those fairy tales. I guess I will leave that to you. ;)

However many people there may be who insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales there is not one person living on this planet with a second grade education who actually believes that a triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father. No one believes that a deranged child rapist was a holy man and the greatest prophet of God. No one believes that God gives a crap about what you eat for dinner.

It is all pretense.

Like I said only the feeble minded, the insane, deceivers, or the deceived would profess such absurdities.

The only reason anyone can deceived another person about the meaning of scripture at all is because the intended teaching still remains hidden.

Only the revealed truth can free the deceived from the captivity of the deceiver.

When the truth is known no one can be fooled and deception has no power, even over a child.

Don't just stand your ground. Be a little militant. You would do better making the case that people who would make such preposterous claims and profess ridiculous beliefs that contradict well known proven scientific facts about reality are unfit to hold any public office or position of authority that requires the public trust and should be banned from owning guns, working with children and operating heavy machinery by reason of insanity, non compos mentis.

Otherwise they might try to establish laws and customs that reflect their perverse views of the world, criminalize intelligent thought, plunge the world into unrelenting state of war, and we'd end up with millions of people incarcerated over bullshit and a complete moron will arise to blindly lead us to complete destruction.

"However many people there may be who insist on the literal meaning of those fairy tales there is not one person living on this planet with a second grade education who actually believes that a triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father.

Uh... yes there are. Or, at least they claim to believe it.: Most Americans believe in Jesus’ virgin birth

"
73%

Most U.S. adults believe Jesus was born of a virgin, including one-third of Americans with no specific religious affiliation."

That just shows how dire the situation really is. Thats 73% of the people out there in a state of cognitive dissonance. Might as well believe in the Zombie apocalypse or the night of the living dead.

Is there any wonder why things are so screwed up?

Or why a pompous ass was elected with their assistance to "fix things" only to flip them off while rigging the economy and plundering the national budget for personal gain, desecrating the highest public office and highest levels of government with a cadre of diseased monkeys in suits vomiting toxic scum and dedicated only to the deconstruction of the founding principles of this country, a free press, equal justice under the law, the balance of power, a representative government, and liberty itself, in broad daylight and in full view of everybody?

They are so confident in the power of their deceptions to keep their supporters confused, blinded and paralyzed that they put absolutely no shade on their shit.

Astonishing!

Last edited:
If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

We don't need to assume the flood occurred 6000 years ago, as the 6000 years are calculated from genealogy. Genealogy however is not an accurate mean for year calculation.

Scientists found that Neanderthal genes are in humans. Where do the Neanderthal genes coming from. That's about the same question. It's because humans ever mated with other species of homo erectus.

It is all pretense.

"
73%

That just shows how dire the situation really is. Thats 73% of the people out there in a state of cognitive dissonance. Might as well believe in the Zombie apocalypse or the night of the living dead.

Is there any wonder why things are so screwed up?

Or why a pompous ass was elected with their assistance to "fix things" only to flip them off while rigging the economy and plundering the national budget for personal gain, desecrating the highest public office and highest levels of government with a cadre of diseased monkeys in suits vomiting toxic scum and dedicated only to the deconstruction of the founding principles of this country, a free press, equal justice under the law, the balance of power, a representative government, and liberty itself, in broad daylight and in full view of everybody?

They are so confident in the power of their deceptions to keep their supporters confused, blinded and paralyzed that they put absolutely no shade on their shit.

Astonishing!
And frightening....

Hilarious how the haters are so insecure and know they are wrong so they need to argue their denial is the way to think.

See anyone arguing that Greek gods are fictional or the earth is not flat? Nope. Those are obvious fallacies.

But the God of the Jews and Christians must consume their time to oppose because they know its true.

But the God of the Jews and Christians must consume their time to oppose because they know its true.

the desert religions have misconstrued the truth for their own grandizement irregardless the beliefs of those that honestly seek truth and justice.

Hilarious how the haters are so insecure and know they are wrong so they need to argue their denial is the way to think.

See anyone arguing that Greek gods are fictional or the earth is not flat? Nope. Those are obvious fallacies.

No, and that is so very dumb. It just so happens that this is the USMessage Board, so, naturally, we run into more christians here and in our country. For instance, I don't see a lot of Zeusists trying to place their magical nonsense above science in the evolution and climate change threads, or in our government. Your logic is embarrassing.

very funny.

I don't think that what you are suggesting re: rain is even possible, even with a meteor strike,. the atmosphere simply cannot hld that much water. A hurricane is able to drop that much water in one place only because a) it hovered in one spot for a while, and b) was being replenished constantly by ocean water and by surrounding areas that were NOT dropping precipitation.

According to the story the atmosphere didn't hold the water...

Burckle crater is 25 times larger than meteor crater in Arizona and dates to the approximate time of the flood stories...

That would have been one mighty big splash not to mention the billions of metric tons of water that would have been instantly vaporized into the atmosphere as it plunged through more than 11,000 feet of ocean.

Although it can be easily dismissed that God did it, some type of a worldwide deluge actually happened given the many worldwide flood stories.

If not a meteor, what other natural event could have possibly caused such an unprecedented catastrophic flood on all continents?

Last edited:

very funny.

According to the story the atmosphere didn't hold the water...

Burckle crater is 25 times larger than meteor crater in Arizona and dates to the approximate time of the flood stories...

That would have been one mighty big splash not to mention the billions of metric tons of water that would have been instantly vaporized into the atmosphere as it plunged through more than 11,000 feet of ocean.

Although it can be easily dismissed that God did it, some type of a worldwide deluge actually happened given the many worldwide flood stories.

If not a meteor, what other natural event could have possibly caused such an unprecedented catastrophic flood on all continents?
"That would have been one mighty big splash not to mention the billions of metric tons of water that would have been instantly vaporized into the atmosphere "

"Although it can be easily dismissed that God did it, some type of a worldwide deluge actually happened given the many worldwide flood stories."

that makes zero sense, as those people did not even know the rest of the world existed back then. To them, "worldwide" meant, "to the horizon". These stories are just evidence that there has always been local flooding, and humans like to romanticize their legends. they are not evidence of a worldwide flood in any way.

that makes zero sense, as those people did not even know the rest of the world existed back then. To them, "worldwide" meant, "to the horizon". These stories are just evidence that there has always been local flooding, and humans like to romanticize their legends. they are not evidence of a worldwide flood in any way.

The flood myths are from every continent around the world. Thats why I said it must have been a global catastrophe. The people of antiquity would have known the difference between seasonal flooding, a really big flood and an extinction level event which is what was described in all the stories.

Even after a 100 or 500 year flood, life continues exactly as it was before when the waters recede.

These flood stories describe a sudden torrential deluge that lasted for weeks and killed so many people and destroyed so many towns and swept away so many villages that the few who did survive had to start over from scratch.

That is a common theme which suggests a global disaster of an unimaginable magnitude that could only have been the descriptions of the aftermath of a celestial object hitting the ocean...

Nothing else could cause what all these ancient people from all over the world described that would not have been a wild exaggeration of a storytellers imagination but an accurate description of the aftermath of an actual extinction level event.

There has always been local flooding? Pft. Nothing even remotely like that has ever happened since anywhere in the world..

Last edited:

The flood myths are from every continent around the world. Thats why I said it must have been a global catastrophe. The people of antiquity would have known the difference between seasonal flooding, a really big flood and an extinction level event which is what was described in all the stories.

Even after a 100 or 500 year flood, life continues exactly as it was before when the waters recede.

These flood stories describe a sudden torrential deluge that lasted for weeks and killed so many people and destroyed so many towns and swept away so many villages that the few who did survive had to start over from scratch.

That is a common theme which suggests a global disaster of an unimaginable magnitude that could only have been the descriptions of the aftermath of a celestial object hitting the ocean...

Nothing else could cause what all these ancient people from all over the world described that would not have been a wild exaggeration of a storytellers imagination but an accurate description of the aftermath of an actual extinction level event.

There has always been local flooding? Pft. Nothing even remotely like that has ever happened since anywhere in the world..
So where's the geological proof of a global flood? :dunno:

Forum List

Back