Question about Combining Threads

Kim

Aug 7, 2008
Hi,

I'm pretty new here.

Question: There are two "threads" in the "Religion" section that are very closely related - both Bible / Noahide threads. It's pretty much the same people who are commenting on both. Is there any way to combine these 2 threads into just one thread?

Thank you,
Kim

Hi,

I'm pretty new here.

Question: There are two "threads" in the "Religion" section that are very closely related - both Bible / Noahide threads. It's pretty much the same people who are commenting on both. Is there any way to combine these 2 threads into just one thread?

Thank you,
Kim

Which two threads specifically are you referring to?

Which two threads specifically are you referring to?

Under the Religion section, we have
1) The obligations of non-Jews, per Judaism
2) Anyone have Noahide / Noachide Questions?

Is there any way to merge these 2 together without losing prior posts & calling the combined thread:
Bible, Jews, and Gentiles

Is that possible?

Under the Religion section, we have
1) The obligations of non-Jews, per Judaism
2) Anyone have Noahide / Noachide Questions?

Is there any way to merge these 2 together without losing prior posts & calling the combined thread:
Bible, Jews, and Gentiles

Is that possible?

A merger of the threads will place all posts in time-date order, regardless which thread they were in originally. It can be confusing. Normally, once there are more than a few posts in the threads, we don't merge them for that reason.

A merger of the threads will place all posts in time-date order, regardless which thread they were in originally. It can be confusing. Normally, once there are more than a few posts in the threads, we don't merge them for that reason.

Time/date order would be terrific. I don't think it would cause a problem in this particular case, because most posts in these 2 threads were replies that included the post they were replying to.

So, can we combine the 2 with the title: Bible, Jews, and Gentiles?

Time/date order would be terrific. I don't think it would cause a problem in this particular case, because most posts in these 2 threads were replies that included the post they were replying to.

So, can we combine the 2 with the title: Bible, Jews, and Gentiles?

There are 7 pages in one thread and 3 in another. One thread will be lost in the other.

Not to mention you might be fine with retitling and merging YOUR thread, but the originator of the other might object.

I'm just not seeing the "why" to this.

There are 7 pages in one thread and 3 in another. One thread will be lost in the other.

Not to mention you might be fine with retitling and merging YOUR thread, but the originator of the other might object.

I'm just not seeing the "why" to this.

Well, I don't want to cause a hassle to anyone. I don't think the originator of the other thread would mind, but you could ask him.

The why? Because a lot of the same people are posting in both threads; I've already put one post in both places because people are bringing up similar things in both places, some asked the same question on one thread that was answered in the other one.

Just thought it would simplify it for us.

New Topics

Forum List

Back