Question about a common term...

I find a grave yard to be a peaceful place. Not spooky at all.

I agree.

Graveyards are only spooky after the corpses have risen up out of the ground and start to chase you.

That's when they get spooky.

We use to play tag at night in graveyards. Only rule was no one could make a sound. So when you were standing there and felt the "tagger" touch you on the shoulder, you couldn't help but scream.

Everyone else just heard screams coming from other parts of the graveyard.

Uber-fun.

Outhouses must have been brutal on really cold days. I can't imagine going outside at night to one of those things. They probably had pails or something you could use at night and then just dump it in the morning and clean it out.

Good grief.

chamber pots...nope once you got an outhouse ...you never looked back at the chamber pots..and yes it was cold..and dark....and you ran out there did it..and ran back in....no one knew any different

Not me. At night, if I had to go number 1, I just stepped outside the door and let 'er rip. If it was a number 2, I held it until morning. I was glad when we got our own cabin built to stay in for deer hunting and didn't have to stay in old grandmaw and grandpaw's place anymore. We had indoor plumbing. :D

Forum List

Back