Queers on Wheels - Really. I'm Not Making This Up

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In Celebration of National Coming Out Week and Disability Awareness Month, Eva Sweeny, president of the L.A.-based organization Queers on Wheels, will offer two events on sexuality and disability issues that are free and open to the public.

The events are sponsored by GradQueers, in association with the following Ohio State University offices and programs: GLBT Student Services, the ADA Coordinator's Office, Department of Women's Studies, the Department of English, and the College of the Humanities. GradQueers is a student organization at Ohio State for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer graduate and professional students.

The Queers on Wheels Sexuality Workshop will cover sexuality issues affecting gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual people with disabilities. The focus will be on how people with disabilities can successfully negotiate intimate relationships and positive sexual-self images. The workshop will take place in OSU's University Hall, room 47, Monday, October 17, 3 p.m.

The Queers on Wheels Disability Sensitivity Training will explain how to keep organizations accessible to everyone, using proper people-centered language, communicating with deaf people; etiquette dos and don'ts and a general discussion about disability and the GLBTQ community. The workshop will take place in OSU's University Hall, room 43, Tuesday, October 18, 10:30 a.m.

http://www.outincolumbus.com/home/news.asp?articleid=9643
----

On so many different levels..this is just so.........

My first reaction is nausia: "Where's a dirty bomb when you need one?"

My Second, after thinking about it, is pity: "These poor foolish people believe lies and CHOOSE bondage and frustration and death"
:(

Forum List

Back