Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full​

12/12/12 | Friends of Ours

Just as one Democrat from Queens is getting out of prison another one is getting locked up.

Former New York comptroller Alan Hevisi was released this morning after serving 20 months in the big house on a pay-to-play conviction for steering $250 million of state pension fund business in exchange for $1 million of improper benefits including campaign contributions as reported by Erik Kriss for the New York Post: "he will return to his family’s home in Forest Hills, Queens."

Meanwhile, former state senator Hiram Monserrate from Queens was sentenced yesterday "to two years in the slammer for looting nearly $100,000 in taxpayer money to try to win higher office" as reported by Bruce Golding for the New York Post.

Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full - Friends of Ours

Granny says, "Dat's right - if dey get too sick or too old, kick `em out an' let `em fend fer deyselves...
:cool:
Federal Prisons Plan to Release More Inmates on 'Compassionate' Grounds
May 2, 2013 - To reduce the growing prison population and escalating prison costs, the U.S Bureau of Prisons says it is now revising its "compassionate release" rules so more ailing and aging inmates can be freed.
A report from the Justice Department's inspector general says the revised rules will expand the compassionate release program by making inmates with a life expectancy of up to 18 months eligible for consideration (versus the current 12 months). The revised rules also will explain what level of functioning is "extraordinary and compelling" enough for inmates to be considered for release. The OIG report notes that the Justice Department’s FY 2013 budget request identified $3.2 million in savings to be achieved by expanding the BOP’s compassionate release program.

In the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, Congress authorized the federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) to ask a federal judge to reduce an inmate’s sentence for “extraordinary and compelling” circumstances. The request can be based on either medical or non-medical conditions that could not reasonably have been foreseen by the judge at the time of sentencing. The review process begins when an inmate submits a compassionate release request to the warden. That request must include the inmate’s reason for asking, a plan for where the inmate will live and support himself (and receive and pay for medical care) if he’s released.

According to U.S. Sentencing Commission guidelines, extraordinary and compelling reasons exist when:

-- The defendant is suffering from a terminal illness.

-- The defendant is suffering from a permanent physical or medical condition, or is experiencing deteriorating physical or mental health because of the aging process;

-- The death or incapacitation of the defendant’s only family member capable of caring for the defendant’s minor children.

-- Any other circumstance which the director of the Bureau of Prisons finds to be an extraordinary and compelling reason.

MORE

You mean to tell me corrupt politicians exist in the Democratic party too? Republicans should totally run with that. :doubt:

You mean to tell me corrupt politicians exist in the Democratic party too? Republicans should totally run with that. :doubt:

I guess you could claim a little tinge of sarcasm in the post. I find no pleasure in posting article of this sort. However, I do know that people of the Left seem to thrive on dragging up the past. Even then they attempt to revise the past in their favor

Monserrate should have gone to prison years ago after he stabbed his girlfriend in the face with a broken wine glass.

In my opinion most politicians should be in jail anyways. How about for every non-violent drug offender in jail we lock up a politician? :tongue:

Forum List

Back