Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wehrwolfen, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full​

12/12/12 | Friends of Ours

Just as one Democrat from Queens is getting out of prison another one is getting locked up.

Former New York comptroller Alan Hevisi was released this morning after serving 20 months in the big house on a pay-to-play conviction for steering $250 million of state pension fund business in exchange for $1 million of improper benefits including campaign contributions as reported by Erik Kriss for the New York Post: "he will return to his family’s home in Forest Hills, Queens."

Meanwhile, former state senator Hiram Monserrate from Queens was sentenced yesterday "to two years in the slammer for looting nearly $100,000 in taxpayer money to try to win higher office" as reported by Bruce Golding for the New York Post.

Queens Democrats Keep NY Prisons Full - Friends of Ours

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Granny says, "Dat's right - if dey get too sick or too old, kick `em out an' let `em fend fer deyselves...
    :cool:
    Federal Prisons Plan to Release More Inmates on 'Compassionate' Grounds
    May 2, 2013 - To reduce the growing prison population and escalating prison costs, the U.S Bureau of Prisons says it is now revising its "compassionate release" rules so more ailing and aging inmates can be freed.

3. aaronleland

aaronleland Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,555
    You mean to tell me corrupt politicians exist in the Democratic party too? Republicans should totally run with that. :doubt:

4. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I guess you could claim a little tinge of sarcasm in the post. I find no pleasure in posting article of this sort. However, I do know that people of the Left seem to thrive on dragging up the past. Even then they attempt to revise the past in their favor

5. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,992
    Monserrate should have gone to prison years ago after he stabbed his girlfriend in the face with a broken wine glass.

6. aaronleland

aaronleland Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,555
    In my opinion most politicians should be in jail anyways. How about for every non-violent drug offender in jail we lock up a politician? :tongue: