'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin has died

I would name the other really super great African-American singers besides Areatha to be:

- Whitney Houston

- James Brown

- Barry White.

In fact you could put these 4 at the top of the list of the very best singers in human history.

They're all singing in Heaven for God and his Angels now.

Great list. I would also add:

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam Cooke

Dinah Washington

Nat King Cole

Imagine a show with all of them.
I do like Ella:

I would name the other really super great African-American singers besides Areatha to be:

- Whitney Houston

- James Brown

- Barry White.

In fact you could put these 4 at the top of the list of the very best singers in human history.

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam Cooke

Dinah Washington

Nat King Cole

Ultimately it would also be necessary to add Marvin Gaye as well:

"Since we've been apart baby,
Love has healed my heart,
And darlin' your love
Is just like music … ."

Wow ... just read at WIKI :

Franklin was the mother of four sons. She first became pregnant at the age of 12 and gave birth to her first child, named Clarence after her father,[73] on January 28, 1955. According to the news site Inquisitr, "The father of the child was Donald Burk, a boy she knew from school."[74] On January 22, 1957, then aged 14, Franklin had a second child, named Edward after his father Edward Jordan.[21] Franklin did not like to discuss her early pregnancies with interviewers.[75]

Aretha Franklin - Wikipedia
Unfortunately that is a common experience in the Black American community -- pregnant in the early teens or preteens.

- Whitney Houston

- James Brown

- Barry White.

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam Cooke

Dinah Washington

Nat King Cole

I do like Ella:

------------------------------------------------- She was alright , she got rich and famous and some people worship her Yios .

Franklin was the mother of four sons. She first became pregnant at the age of 12 and gave birth to her first child, named Clarence after her father,[73] on January 28, 1955. According to the news site Inquisitr, "The father of the child was Donald Burk, a boy she knew from school."[74] On January 22, 1957, then aged 14, Franklin had a second child, named Edward after his father Edward Jordan.[21] Franklin did not like to discuss her early pregnancies with interviewers.[75]

Unfortunately that is a common experience in the Black American community -- pregnant in the early teens or preteens.
------------------------------------ wonder what causes it eh .

------------------------------------ wonder what causes it eh .
Animal instinct? (no pun intended)

Franklin was a member of the New Bethel Baptist Choir in Detroit before she achieved international stardom

Forum List

Back