Quantative Easing now more likely

'Manufacturing activity shrinks in May for first time since September'

Gold is rallying as the bulls hear the printing presses warming up.

The Philly Fed Manufacturing Index was way, way below expectations, signaling economic slowdown and the prospects of the Fed using QE3.

Philly Fed factory index turns negative in May - Economic Report - MarketWatch

Gonna get fugly.

I love how we come up with Fancy sounding names for Shit.

Quantitative Easing is Code for PRINTING MONEY out of think fucking air.

Always a great thing to do right... lol

No dumbass its a great thing to do in certain circumstances
Your inability to realize that there are different economic circumstances and deficientcies is telling oif your inability to thionk

Greece has been on a path of slashing government spending as a result they have 30% unemployment and an economy that is 50% below its peak.

Really? Let's have a look at what Greece is ACTUALLY spending over time:

totalgovexpenditurenew.jpg

My goodness, it would appear they haven't cut much of anything.
Perhapos if you looked at the numbers you;’d be able to see the numbers
But you care more about perceptions then reality

BBC News - EU austerity drive country by country

Greece has been on a path of slashing government spending as a result they have 30% unemployment and an economy that is 50% below its peak.

Ha! You didn't even read your own damn link, which speaks to Greece's PLANS to cut spending. ACTUAL cuts? Not so much. Unless of course, you're claiming the chart, provided through George Mason University, is not accurate.

QE does not lower debt loads. What it does do is increase the supply of money and credit. In turn, this devalues the currency. It's also the same policy that led to the housing bubble of 2008.

Lean to read dumbass. Its not QE its the effects of QE of which is higher inflation which lowers debt loads. Furthermore how you think providing people with more money so they can pay off debt doesn't result in them having less debt is just more proof that you are a retard
It is amazing that you think economic growth caused the housing bubble
If we followed your logic we’d want 0 growth because then there would be no housing bubbles

I don't welcome inflation since I am retired on a fixed income.

Ha! You didn't even read your own damn link, which speaks to Greece's PLANS to cut spending. ACTUAL cuts? Not so much. Unless of course, you're claiming the chart, provided through George Mason University, is not accurate.

Id ask you to post the exact numbers of Greece’s government spending but if you did that you’d prove yourself wrong; so you’ll just going to keep posting irrevlant shit and refuse to actauly post the numbers because reality proves you wrong
In order to get the bailout money Greece had to cut spending. It was the requirement so plz continue to ignore reality.
Also if oyu could read you note that it wasn't planed cutts it was actual cuts
"A new coalition cabinet sworn in last November is pushing through spending cuts equal to 1.5% of its output, including cuts in pensions and civil service job cuts."
So stop being such a blantant retard
You were wrong get over it isntead of crying about it

Last edited:
Here Ill fucking do it for you
Greek government-debt crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2010 Greeces first measures were equal to 5% of its 2010 GDP, and an added 4% of its GDP in 2011
In feb 2010 Greece cut workers compensation by 10%
In March 2010 they further made cuts of 4billion euros (2% of yearly GDP)
In May 2010 new measures cut 40billion for the next 3 years euros (6% of total yearly GDP)
In June 2011 more measures were taken lowering pensions by half.
In august 2011 more measures were taken equal to 4 billion euros for 2 years
In feb 2012 more measures were taken equal to 4billino euro(2% of yearly GDP) in 2012 and 10billion for 2013-2014

QE III was the plan all along.

Interesting...

QE III Sailing In? Watch Factories for Signs WSJ, August 2011
Awww come on, you Chicken Little "the sky is falling" fear mongers were playing the QE III fear card long before August 2011. I remember the QE III planning fear card being played the end of 2010, and by June 2011 there were claims that QE III had already begun.

I guess the America-hating CON$ervoFascists figure if they cry wolf long enough the wolf will actually materialize before people stop believing their BS.

In 2010 Greeces first measures were equal to 5% of its 2010 GDP, and an added 4% of its GDP in 2011
In May 2010 new measures cut 40billion for the next 3 years euros (6% of total yearly GDP)
In feb 2012 more measures were taken equal to 4billino euro(2% of yearly GDP) in 2012 and 10billion for 2013-2014

And yet, OVERALL spending adjusted for inflation has not decreased at all. Making some cuts here and there does not equal, what was the word you used..."slashing"...when overall spending continues at its unsustainable pace.

Fail dude, FAIL :lol:

And yet, OVERALL spending adjusted for inflation has not decreased at all. Making some cuts here and there does not equal, what was the word you used..."slashing"...when overall spending continues at its unsustainable pace.

Fail dude, FAIL :lol:

Yes spending decreasing by like 20% of GDP means it has not decreased.
Is your next post going to be “if you eat you don’t consume food”
I see so cutting spending by like40% isn’t slashing. What is slashing then?

No, just more Keynesian bullshit. Read Hayek, then try this one:

Lol! Yes, Milton and Lucas and and Roberts...All Keynesians!

Even Von Mises understood that an increase in the money supply could effect either P or Q in the short run.

Lets just forget about the fact that Mises, Hayek etc stood against the very existence of a central bank, much less the idea that central planners could print money at will. Hey, you're free to believe in magic beans. I choose a different path, one that doesn't burden those yet to be born with our largess.

Wait a second - You said that anyone who believes that an increase in M can be transmitted through Q is thinking "Keynesian Bullshit". I pointed out a list of non-Keynesian economists (including Von Mises!) who disagree.

And you started talking about magic beans and some mystical other path you're on.

Try staying on topic.

Yes spending decreasing by like 20% of GDP means it has not decreased.

The study from George Mason University, who produced that chart I previously posted, disagrees with you. But I'm just sure you know what's best...:eusa_shifty:

Lol! Yes, Milton and Lucas and and Roberts...All Keynesians!

Even Von Mises understood that an increase in the money supply could effect either P or Q in the short run.

Lets just forget about the fact that Mises, Hayek etc stood against the very existence of a central bank, much less the idea that central planners could print money at will. Hey, you're free to believe in magic beans. I choose a different path, one that doesn't burden those yet to be born with our largess.

Wait a second - You said that anyone who believes that an increase in M can be transmitted through Q is thinking "Keynesian Bullshit". I pointed out a list of non-Keynesian economists (including Von Mises!) who disagree.

And you started talking about magic beans and some mystical other path you're on.

Try staying on topic.

I did not say that but please, allow me to correct your highly flawed thinking: Anyone who believes it is a wise to allow a central bank to increase M to be transmitted through Q is full of "Keynesian Bullshit". You can believe in all the centrally planned price controls you like. Mises, Hayek, and all Libertarians disagree.

Forum List

Back