Quandry.....Synthetic oil, or not? For cars

Yes rings but not what I meant, a Freudian slip on the keyboard (I was reviewing test data on flight controls). But if you think about it, a piston ring does act as a seal though. I'm talking about any rubber and/or polycarbon seals within your engine. This oil, 23699, will eat through engine seals like Michael Moore at a chinese buffet.

Piston seals are completely different...hydraulic actuators etc.

drowe said:
Yes rings but not what I meant, a Freudian slip on the keyboard (I was reviewing test data on flight controls). But if you think about it, a piston ring does act as a seal though. I'm talking about any rubber and/or polycarbon seals within your engine. This oil, 23699, will eat through engine seals like Michael Moore at a chinese buffet.

what is 23699?

Go synthetic....but stick with it, don't go back to dino oil.

Change your oil every 5K or so, and don't worry about it....also put in a K & N air filter (lasts forever if you clean and oil it every 10K miles) and you will get a few extra horsepower (go fast) AND BETTER GAS MILEAGE, TOO.

It's a win win situation!

-=d=- said:
what is 23699?

MIL-L-23699 - Aircraft turbine engine lubricant. The oil that the miltary uses for Aircraft...it's synthetic but it's for turbine engines.

Forum List

Back