Qualities you most enjoy in yourself or others

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Humor-- I have a friend that I can tell my worst day on earth to and he will find something funny in it and get me laughing about it.

Inteliigence--How would you like to have the situation in Sri Lanka analyzed by a journalist who is world traveled? I have a friend like that.

Warmth--My friend Radha will sit there with her arms wide open and tears of compassion will fall as you tell her about something sad that you noticed happening that day. She is like the sun.

Someone who has a song for every occasion, (that would be me), and who can make children laugh with delight.

Irreverence-- someone who can take the most serious topic and poke a playful hole in it.

Equanimity--seeing a man extend the same kind regard to every living creature he meets with no exceptions and no favorites.

Add your own.

• Banned
I love you for saying that, Sunshine. May all naked souls find happiness and peace, and may the rest of us learn to be humble and kind to one another.

Last edited:
I love you for saying that, Sunshine. May all naked souls find happiness and peace, and may the rest of us learn to be humble and kind to one another.

It's like that old Fogelberg song Netherlands: 'between the worlds of men and make believe.' Most people only know what they have seen in the movies. Movies which were made to be entertaining. They never really know the 'in between' world of the mentally ill. When I was young my family sheltered me and I knew it. I was determined to learn what was REAL in the world. That is why I have worked in such hell holes. And even those have to be good in this day and age compared to ages past. It is no wonder people insist on believing there is something better 'on the other side.'

• Banned

It's like that old Fogelberg song Netherlands: 'between the worlds of men and make believe.' Most people only know what they have seen in the movies. Movies which were made to be entertaining. They never really know the 'in between' world of the mentally ill. When I was young my family sheltered me and I knew it. I was determined to learn what was REAL in the world. That is why I have worked in such hell holes. And even those have to be good in this day and age compared to ages past. It is no wonder people insist on believing there is something better 'on the other side.'

Both my parents were seriously mentally ill. The good news is that seeming misfortune opened my heart and I've devoted most of my career toward helping others and healing myself.

The people who have walked through the furnace of life and survived are my heroes.

I also love Dan Fogelberg

Last edited:
  • Banned
I like a person that is so comfortable in his or her own skin, that they can be quietly peaceful around you. I like a person that can sit with me and just be.

Last edited:
Someone you can argue politics passionately with and remain close friends.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have an internal thernoneter- warm or cold. I am Italian and Irish and live at the Jersey Shore. I appreciate people who are open,affectionate, witty, and interesting. Boring people have no place in my inner circle. I don't care of you're rich or poor, liberal of conservative, Christian or Atheist. If you intrigue me, you're in. If you have nothing to stimulate me "STFU". Harsh perhaps, but truth be told, I've got enough friends.

I like a person who has the wisdom to know what to let in and what to keep out.

Nothing in particular in other people.

I like the variety.

from myself;

I can have a forceful personality when needed. It's also nice that it turns my wife on.
I have a very strong protection instinct when it comes to friends and family. when this occurs, it turns my wife on.
I complement my wife, especially her cooking. this turns her on.

:eusa_think:

I'm seeing a pattern....

:eusa_angel:

I also have a sharp witted, sarcastic sense of humor, that brightens the long days. and I use it, even when my wife is not around.

Forum List

Back